Negotiating With The Enemy? What Next...

we can see how effective negotiating was can't we?

What's the alternative in Afghanistan?

We can simply leave. We never invaded Afghanistan to conquer the Country. We went to unseat the Taliban and drive out the terrorist training camps. We accomplished that. We decided to help train the new Governments forces. That has proven to be a failure, cut our losses and leave. OR go for a win by destroying the Taliban.

we can see how effective negotiating was can't we?

What's the alternative in Afghanistan?

We can simply leave. We never invaded Afghanistan to conquer the Country. We went to unseat the Taliban and drive out the terrorist training camps. We accomplished that. We decided to help train the new Governments forces. That has proven to be a failure, cut our losses and leave. OR go for a win by destroying the Taliban.

We are leaving. It just might not be on a timeline which suits you.

How could we "destroy" Taliban?

Orly?! He ordered the drone attack that killed the 16 year old and his father.Abdulrahman al-Awlaki Death - Tom Junod on the Lethal Presidency of Barack Obama - Esquire

Alirght, wise guy....what would YOU do when the bad guys hide among the innocent?

There was no one hiding among him. He was the son of a "terrorist" and therefore was marked for death. Oh and we have this really cool thing in the US called Due Process for citizens something neither he nor his father were given.That is a violation of the US constitution but hey that's just a piece of paper to be ignored.

Orly?! He ordered the drone attack that killed the 16 year old and his father.Abdulrahman al-Awlaki Death - Tom Junod on the Lethal Presidency of Barack Obama - Esquire

You don't know if that was a murder of an assassination of a terrorist. We do know that the girl was merely a peaceful blogger.

Right. If he was a "terrorist" he was to be arrested and brought to trial. His father was the only supposed "terrorist" and he was murdered 2 weeks before hand. Both were US citizens and under the 4th amendment were allowed due process something neither got.

You don't know if that was a murder of an assassination of a terrorist. We do know that the girl was merely a peaceful blogger.

Right. If he was a "terrorist" he was to be arrested and brought to trial. His father was the only supposed "terrorist" and he was murdered 2 weeks before hand. Both were US citizens and under the 4th amendment were allowed due process something neither got.

No. Our criminal law is not applicable to terrorists or enemy combatants. Nice try brah. Although, I'll grant you that the hack Obama has sent mixed signals on that matter.

No. Our criminal law is not applicable to terrorists or enemy combatants. Nice try brah. Although, I'll grant you that the hack Obama has sent mixed signals on that matter.
A 16 year old child is not a terrorist and even if he was wasn't Timothy McVeigh,Bill Ayers terrorists? Did they not get due process? I think they did....so go ahead keep trying to bring up a point it was OK to murder a child who happened to be a US citizen.

A 16 year old child is not a terrorist and even if he was wasn't Timothy McVeigh,Bill Ayers terrorists? Did they not get due process? I think they did....so go ahead keep trying to bring up a point it was OK to murder a child who happened to be a US citizen.

Yea__ b/c we've never seen child suicide bombers. And btw, he's 16. If he were in our system, he could be tried as an adult.

And btw, I'm not defending Obama. Your assertion(s) could be right. But at this point, it's totally conjecture. And as much as I hate Obama; I'm not going to unfairly prosecute him.

The only way wars ever end is by "negotiating with the enemy".

Is that how WWII ended? IDIOT.

Negotiation....
US: surrender or we will blow your country back into the 1700's
Japan: we will never surrender.
US ....BOOM!!! melt BOOM!!! melt.
Now that is a negotiation.

Exactly - You take the gloves off & pound them into complete submission. We have been trying to play policeman over there for 10 years instead of actually fighting a war. Bush never wanted to win the war or get Osama because then we would have to bring the troops home. He sent our troops there to occupy the middle east.

You may have room to weep for these little monsters. I don't.

What has the military been trying to do for the past 11 years? Playing chess with them...

DO you realize the the number of the rules of engagement boggle the mind.
Ever since Vietnam, military people have been prevented from fighting wars. Politicians are in charge now. And they don't know shit except how to appear politically correct.
A nation cannot engage in military conflict while trying not to piss off anyone.
The two are mutually exclusive. In the end OUR people get placed in danger instead of the stuff we are trying to blow up and the people we are trying to kill

Forum List

Back