Negative Effects of the GOP Primaries

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
In October, Romney and Obama were neck n neck. Romney was even up by 2
points (for a couple days, anyway). Then the debates started. Also, according to everyone including FOX (but not ultra-conservs, who wont make a difference anyway), the economy has gotten better.
Since the debates started, Obama has gone from a tie with Romney to +1.5 to +3 and is now at +4.4 over Romney on real clear politics. He slaughters the other GOP contenders.
And he hasn't even had to attack the GOP field. A couple quips here and there but he's letting the canibals eat their own for as long as possible. They are producing all
the soundbites he needs.
Once Mitt finally gets the nomination, the GOP will have done all his work for him.
Obama can just use soundbites from Santorum, Gingrich, Paul, Bachmann...Against Mitt. Add in Mitt's own words and this is a real problem for the GOP.

If they're going to have any chance at all, they need to end this in-fighting and fast.

Of course, this election is still like a duel in which the opponents are racing to see who can shoot themselves in the head first. Obama is trying to piss off the Catholics while Romney wants to just fire them - unless they're poor, in which case he doesn't care...

The August GOP Convention in Tampa, Florida could be really interesting unless the candidates decide to put party ahead of personal interests before then. Meanwhile, the improving economy is helping Obama's ratings...

Obama Approval Ratings Rise Tracks Increasing Consumer Confidence

I want to vote against Obama but the GOP won't let me. They have no new ideas to deal with an economy where jobs are so easily outsourced. They support blatant giveaways to the rich like the carried interest exception. They don't care about the declining middle class even though it is a major destabalizing force. They support slashing the budget everywhere but defense even though it accounts for half of discretionary spending and 2 full birds I tales to in the airport said it should be cut.

While I don't like Obama, I like the GOP in congress less and will likely vote for Obama to keep them in check.

The August GOP Convention in Tampa, Florida could be really interesting unless the candidates decide to put party ahead of personal interests before then. Meanwhile, the improving economy is helping Obama's ratings...

Obama Approval Ratings Rise Tracks Increasing Consumer Confidence

I want to vote against Obama but the GOP won't let me. They have no new ideas to deal with an economy where jobs are so easily outsourced. They support blatant giveaways to the rich like the carried interest exception. They don't care about the declining middle class even though it is a major destabalizing force. They support slashing the budget everywhere but defense even though it accounts for half of discretionary spending and 2 full birds I tales to in the airport said it should be cut.

While I don't like Obama, I like the GOP in congress less and will likely vote for Obama to keep them in check.

Your logic makes sense to me. Obama isn't my ideal cup of tea, either, but he beats anything else on the table in my opinion.

This is a fucked up election within a fucked up nation. Obama is a fucked up president!

The changes the gop made within the primaries may of fucked them out of a likely win this fall.

Yes yes and yes, oh and if any asshat says the economy is getting better is only fooling themselves. They forget who gives the reports. I mean my god people with all the stimulus nothing changed the economy, and all of a sudden the economy is getting better? Wake the fuck up you fucking ding bats. And don't give me that crap form the BLS that's obama's propaganda machine, or for any sitting president, the president appoints the people in charge over the people who give the unemployment numbers.

points (for a couple days, anyway). Then the debates started. Also, according to everyone including FOX (but not ultra-conservs, who wont make a difference anyway), the economy has gotten better.
Since the debates started, Obama has gone from a tie with Romney to +1.5 to +3 and is now at +4.4 over Romney on real clear politics. He slaughters the other GOP contenders.
And he hasn't even had to attack the GOP field. A couple quips here and there but he's letting the canibals eat their own for as long as possible. They are producing all
the soundbites he needs.
Once Mitt finally gets the nomination, the GOP will have done all his work for him.
Obama can just use soundbites from Santorum, Gingrich, Paul, Bachmann...Against Mitt. Add in Mitt's own words and this is a real problem for the GOP.

If they're going to have any chance at all, they need to end this in-fighting and fast.

Of course, this election is still like a duel in which the opponents are racing to see who can shoot themselves in the head first. Obama is trying to piss off the Catholics while Romney wants to just fire them - unless they're poor, in which case he doesn't care...

The thing is, i don't think it has been so much the Republican primaries so much as two factors.

1) The economy IS getting better, finally. That gives people who voted for Obama last time enough of a hook to hang their hats on.

2) ROmney is really a very unpleasent person, when you get right down to it. Weird religion, slimy business practices, robotic demeanor. People are finally taking a good look at him, and just like in 1994 or 2008, they just don't like what they see.

This is a fucked up election within a fucked up nation. Obama is a fucked up president!

The changes the gop made within the primaries may of fucked them out of a likely win this fall.

Yes yes and yes, oh and if any asshat says the economy is getting better is only fooling themselves. They forget who gives the reports. I mean my god people with all the stimulus nothing changed the economy, and all of a sudden the economy is getting better? Wake the fuck up you fucking ding bats. And don't give me that crap form the BLS that's obama's propaganda machine, or for any sitting president, the president appoints the people in charge over the people who give the unemployment numbers.

Are you saying the stock market is being manipulated, too? It's been up, we haven't raised taxes on the rich and unemployment is going down. Weren't we told the job creators would do their thing, if we didn't raise taxes? You seem to be tripping over your own argument!!! :lol::lol::lol:

The more people see of Willard, the more they dislike the man. Plus, he's kind of a gaff maker. His only chance (and that's marginal at best) is to not do any interviews, hold any debates or talk to reporters at all.

And our recovery is happening on it's own, without stimulus, without government intervention, without anything coming down from Capitol Hill.

Yet, idiots see it as partisan. The American People control the market, not Congress and not the Preisdent not Dems and not Republicans. We will spend when it becomes necessary or feels safe, until then y'all continue to think your chosen Messiah is driving this.

I'm thinking all that obstructionism may be paying off.

No credit for you.

You guys are the crdit nazis.

just like the soup nazi you think you get to deside who deserves credit because you like them or not.

Grow up

And our recovery is happening on it's own, without stimulus, without government intervention, without anything coming down from Capitol Hill.

Yet, idiots see it as partisan. The American People control the market, not Congress and not the Preisdent not Dems and not Republicans. We will spend when it becomes necessary or feels safe, until then y'all continue to think your chosen Messiah is driving this.

The OP says the news is being manipulated. Thank you for coming down on the side of the recovery being real. :clap2:

the soundbites he needs.

I think most of the voters in our great republic understand that after the absolute mess George W. Bush made of our economy while doubling the national debt the last thing we need is a man worth $250,000,000 who is already rejecting any form of tax increase for the wealthy to settle the Republican debt..........is not the answer and would be another Republican pledged to more Trickle Down, Voodoo economics. It didn't work before and it won't work now.

Are you saying the stock market is being manipulated, too? It's been up, we haven't raised taxes on the rich and unemployment is going down. Weren't we told the job creators would do their thing, if we didn't raise taxes? You seem to be tripping over your own argument!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Are you saying the stock market is being manipulated, too?

OH I get it the stock market is only in play when it's favorable to obama but when it isn't it means nothing? HELL YES IT CAN BE MANIPULATED. Didn't obama bailout wall street a while back. Wall street is just returning the favor close to the election.

you're not very bright.

why is it it's the stupidest of rightwingnuts who start that 'messiah' trash?

oh wait... rhetorical question.

wacko.

The OP says the news is being manipulated. Thank you for coming down on the side of the recovery being real. :clap2:

is that what the o/p says?

Well, no.

The economy IS recovering, but it always does.

But this has been the most tepid recovery since the Great Depression. We are really looking at a Lost Decade here like Japan had in the 1990's.

Are things less horrible than they were in 2009? Yes.

Are they great or even good? Nope.

I don't think Obama deserves the credit or the blame, but as a leader, he has not really lead in the mold of an FDR or a Reagan.

Looking at the GOP field, though, there are no FDR's or Reagans there, either.

The recovery is getting pretty hard to deny.

So soon they will just merely say there plan would have created a better recovery.

Only problem is their Idea of a plan included a debt ceiling mess that all economissts said would have been disastor

I love this GOP race for party nomination.

It gives we the people plenty of information about who these people are and what they stand for (or at least what they're willing to tell us they stand for).

It shows us the nature of the GOPers running for office.

Admittedly it is a bit like watching them make sausage, but that's to be expected when the GOPers are now only trying to appeal to conservatives.

Now, while these candidates are ONLY trying to win the confidence of the conservatives, is when we are more likely to hear them speak truthfully, than during the Presidential election.

Because NOW they're appealing ONLY to their base.

Forum List

Back