Needed: universal health CARE, not insurance

What is needed is more affordable healthcare. You know the one main objective that started out this whole "redo healthcare" BS. Before it was turned into Obamacare and a power grab.

More affordable healthcare, what a concept.............

Blah, Blah......and how do you propose we make that happen?

Let me guess.....tort reform, opening up restrictions for selling across state lines and less "government regulations". :eusa_pray:

That should cover the trifecta of "ideas" that the sheep love to fall back on.

How about we sit down at a table, forget our differences and actually discuss the options available from both sides of the issue rather than just claim victory and demand that those losers on the other side of the aisle fall into line?

Edit: Oh I forgot, our "parties" will have none of that nonsense.

Immie

Last edited:
Actually, i am now old and poor and on Medicare & Medicaid, and now that i don't depend on insurance companies i receive much better medical care.

Look at those teabirthers. They are OLD. The majority seem to either be getting SS or close to getting it. And they are against health care. How can that be? They don't believe anyone will cut their benefits. They just want to stop the Hispanics or who ever else they consider "foreign" from getting it. "Take Our Country Back". What do you think that means?

THAT has been my position all along.

The imposition of private insurance companies into the HC industry, while historically understandable, is no longer working.

I never need HC insurance.

Very occassionally I do need health care.

THAT has been my position all along.

The imposition of private insurance companies into the HC industry, while historically understandable, is no longer working.

I never need HC insurance.

Very occassionally I do need health care.

yet

Sure, if you want to suffer and die an early death.
Compare our life expectancy to countries with universal healthcare...they win.

which has nothing to do with a Healthcare System....how many times does this have to be debunked?....it has to do with "lifestyle"......you understand that Junky?.....i know guys who have great ins.....but they wont go have their Prostrate checked out,they wont go for a Colonoscopy,Because?......"no one is sticking anything up my ass"....you can have Dr. Crusher in the Sickbay of the USS Enterprise....if you dont take care of yourself, she can only do so much for you.....if you have a lax and eat anything lifestyle,smoke and do other nice things to yourself......i dont give a shit what Country you live in.....you may not live as long as you should and you will probably develop health problems......and many Americans fit this profile....

Look at those teabirthers. They are OLD. The majority seem to either be getting SS or close to getting it. And they are against health care. How can that be? They don't believe anyone will cut their benefits. They just want to stop the Hispanics or who ever else they consider "foreign" from getting it. "Take Our Country Back". What do you think that means?

yea thats it Dean......Geezus Christ sometimes you sound like Truth Matters.....why dont you go back into some of the threads YOU started and instead of running answer questions people asked of you there?........oh wait .....if you did that....you would actually have to answer them....ok, forget i mentioned it.......

I lived in England for a decade. The health care system worked great for me and my wife and child, with the lack of fear of being driven into bankruptcy by medical care.

Because you never had a serious illness.

When i moved back to the U.S. and finally realized i needed health insurance, i was looted and plundered by the healthcare insurance industry, coming in to a plan at what looked like a good rate and then having the premiums quickly raised to a level beyond my means.
When i did have an accident (broken ankle) in Houston, the ensuing costs were crippling to my business, and the care received was not noticeably better than i would have received in England; in fact, in the hospital i got a staph infection that nearly crippled me for good.

Your one experience in Houston is not indicative in any way of whether or not the health care system is better here or there.

Taxes were high (i don't remember the exact percentage), yes, but when the money is used to support programs like medical care, that's fine with me.

Good for you. Really, we're all happy for you that you have no qualms in thinking you deserve other people's money you never earned to pay for your family's medical bills. Many of us, however, have a big problem with it. I'll take care of my family; you take care of yours. This is a country that was built on the idea of individual responsibility and individual liberties, not collective. If you don't like that arrangement then take your mooching ass back to the UK where it belongs.

Infant mortality is another easy-to-access statistic. We come in at number 46, just below Guam.

Other coutries count differently than we do, they don't use the same criteria that we do. A fail on your part. :eusa_whistle:
Sure, that's it.

Yes, it is actually, but I don't expect you to trade your ignorance for facts. It would shatter your whole biased premise and then what would you be able to hate on America for?

Bernadine Healy, M.D.: Behind the baby count - US News and World Report

I have a good friend who lived in England most of his life. His experience with the health care system was decidedly poor. One of the reasons he is getting heart surgery here in the US.

If you have good care in England, it's because you have been in generally good health. His experience was that the care is free, sort of. It is paid for by very high taxes, but that's not all. He was in the hospital in London for an extended time. Do you want clean sheets once in a while? Be prepared to "tip". Did you vomit on the floor, the orderly will expect a tip. If you want the nurse to give you ordered medication on time, guess what? It's gonna cost you. Good tippers will get a glass of water when they want one rather than dehydrate. Good tippers will get their meals while the food is hot. Everything becomes run on a system of individual payment. But it's all free! His free medical care ran about $60,000. And, that's on top of private insurance! obama's plan is to eventually eliminate private insurance completely in this country. So if you want decent care under obama, you better start saving now to bribe the medical and hospital personnel.

Language is the beginning of the problem. No one working on the problem seems to be able to leave the insurance industry out of the equation. Is this because of intense lobbying by the industry, to the extent legislators are afraid to even mention the possibility of, perhaps, expanding Medicare to cover everyone, leaving the healthcare industry to fend for itself?

Medicare for everyone is the way to go.

However, I recommend that we bifurcate Medicare into two agencies: Medicare I and Medicare II. This way we can set them to compete against each other in the arenas of customer service, streamlining operation costs, and maintaining price controls. Raises, bonuses, and promotions can be based upon how well one agency fairs against the other.

I have a good friend who lived in England most of his life. His experience with the health care system was decidedly poor. One of the reasons he is getting heart surgery here in the US.

If you have good care in England, it's because you have been in generally good health. His experience was that the care is free, sort of. It is paid for by very high taxes, but that's not all. He was in the hospital in London for an extended time. Do you want clean sheets once in a while? Be prepared to "tip". Did you vomit on the floor, the orderly will expect a tip. If you want the nurse to give you ordered medication on time, guess what? It's gonna cost you. Good tippers will get a glass of water when they want one rather than dehydrate. Good tippers will get their meals while the food is hot. Everything becomes run on a system of individual payment. But it's all free! His free medical care ran about $60,000. And, that's on top of private insurance! obama's plan is to eventually eliminate private insurance completely in this country. So if you want decent care under obama, you better start saving now to bribe the medical and hospital personnel.

And what happens when you have no insurance in America?

You are either forced into bankruptcy through insurmountable medical bills or drop dead.

BTW: I seriously doubt that your friend had to tip out the nurses and orderlys $60,000.

And what happens when you have no insurance in America?

You are either forced into bankruptcy through insurmountable medical bills or drop dead.

BTW: I seriously doubt that your friend had to tip out the nurses and orderlys $60,000.

No one is turned down from life saving health care in the USA.

No one is turned down from life saving health care in the USA.

...nor are they exempt from the extraordinary bill.

It is not unusual in America for a person of modest means, and no health insurance, to deny themselves medical treatment in order to spare their family the heavy burden of the cost.

This is sick.

Once again, I support Universal Preventative Health Care for all Americans. I also support a public option to compete with private insurance, giving the consumer a choice. The public option will provide health care to those who choose it at county and other public hospitals, staffed by public employees - doctors, nurses, techs, clerks, etc. and partly funded by Medicare type payroll taxes provided to states and local communities via revenue sharing.

Every man, women and child in America would be able to access preventative health care; purchase for a fixed fee a public option for major medical and routine care and be free from worry of being made homeless by a catastrophic illness or injury or worse terminated by insurance companies when the consumer is determined to be too expensive to treat.

We also need to find a way to take care of the aged, those seniors who outlive their retirement and need 24-7 care.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back