Need we remind the Republicans on Fox news how many ran for the GOP

Perhaps not, but if the choice had been just Trump or Clinton, then Trump was the better choice.

Except the choice wasn't Trump or Hillary for the first year of the campaign.

You are talking about the primaries, but the primaries were not the election. They were setting up the election.

My point is that the longest stretch of the campaign wasn't "Hillary or Trump". Yeah, it was pretty much Hillary on the Democrat's side, but the Republican's had SO many people to choose from. To say he was the only choice is ignoring the many months that 16 other people were running.

I understand your point, but in the end, your point is moot.

It is a moot point, but it was in response to the OP pointing out that Kellyanne Conway was a Cruz supporter. I don't think half the people who pretend to support Trump ever really wanted him to be President. It's similar to 2012's "anybody but Romney" primaries. And guess who won the primaries. The one guy nobody seemed to want to win the primaries.

The Republican party has been in a weird place for the past thirty years. They don't seem to like anybody they voted for. Bush Sr., Bush Jr., McCain, Romney... Yeah, they seem to like Trump now, but they also seemed to like all the others until after the fact.

I agree with this. Until he actually secured the nomination, I was sure he would not be the candidate.

You are talking about the primaries, but the primaries were not the election. They were setting up the election.

My point is that the longest stretch of the campaign wasn't "Hillary or Trump". Yeah, it was pretty much Hillary on the Democrat's side, but the Republican's had SO many people to choose from. To say he was the only choice is ignoring the many months that 16 other people were running.

I understand your point, but in the end, your point is moot.

It is a moot point, but it was in response to the OP pointing out that Kellyanne Conway was a Cruz supporter. I don't think half the people who pretend to support Trump ever really wanted him to be President. It's similar to 2012's "anybody but Romney" primaries. And guess who won the primaries. The one guy nobody seemed to want to win the primaries.

The Republican party has been in a weird place for the past thirty years. They don't seem to like anybody they voted for. Bush Sr., Bush Jr., McCain, Romney... Yeah, they seem to like Trump now, but they also seemed to like all the others until after the fact.

Republicans are fighting an uphill battle against an enemy that dominated the cultural landscape. We vote for leaders that we hope will fight for US, and we keep getting disappointed in the results.

Hence the victory of an outsider.

And given your past choices, why should anybody have faith in you this time around? Hell, aside from Trump, Republicans reelected everybody they claimed to hate in 2016. Half of them were selected for Trump's cabinet. The Republicans have no other "outsiders" lining up to run.

Faith? Who is asking for "Faith"?

We vote for leaders that we hope will fight for US, and we keep getting disappointed in the results.

Republicans gave W. eight years. They supported McCain and Romney up until they lost. McCain and Romney aren't to blame. They were McCain and Romney up until the very end.

You think that freaking Kerry would have been an improvement for US?

I supported McCain when he won the nomination, fair and square, against those whom I supported.

Romney was a good candidate, at the time, though his actions since then have been pathetic and disgusting.

I'm not sure where you are going with this.

Romney was a good candidate, at the time, though his actions since then have been pathetic and disgusting.

His only actions since have been criticizing Trump a couple times, but that's all it takes under this cult of personality built around Trump. Other than that can you name one thing about Romney that has changed since 2012?

Potus in 2016, What didn't they like about each other? Yep, saw K. Conway on Fox and Friends, has she forgot she was pro Cruz till he lost.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Republicans ▸ Jeb Bush. Ben Carson. Chris Christie. Ted Cruz. Carly Fiorina. Jim Gilmore. Lindsey Graham. Mike Huckabee. Bobby Jindal. John Kasich. George Pataki. Rand Paul. Rick Perry. Marco Rubio. Rick Santorum. Scott Walker.

https://ballotpedia.org/Republican_presidential_nomination,_2016
To quote the woman who didn't become the leader of the free world, "What difference does it make?"

One of the worst responses I get when criticizing Trump is, "Would you rather Hillary be President?" You had FIFTEEN other options. This isn't a lesser of two evils situation.

I'm not sure the New York liberal with flexible morals was the lesser of 17 evils.

Perhaps not, but if the choice had been just Trump or Clinton, then Trump was the better choice.
Nonsense.

One of the worst responses I get when criticizing Trump is, "Would you rather Hillary be President?" You had FIFTEEN other options. This isn't a lesser of two evils situation.

I'm not sure the New York liberal with flexible morals was the lesser of 17 evils.

Hillary and Bill Clinton are small fries next to the mob boss Trump. Small time.

nti

His only actions since have been criticizing Trump a couple times, but that's all it takes under this cult of personality built around Trump. Other than that can you name one thing about Romney that has changed since 2012?

Romney supported the attempt by the Party Establishment to thwart the will of the republican voters.

That is not about "cult of personality" that is elitist and anti-democratic view that belongs more in your party, than ours.

It was a betrayal of his past supporters, of whom I am one.

That is plenty of reason to be very angry with him.

nti

Romney supported the attempt by the Party Establishment to thwart the will of the republican voters.

That is not about "cult of personality" that is elitist and anti-democratic view that belongs more in your party, than ours.

How did he try to thwart the will of Republican voters?

nti

THe Establishment tried to sabotage Trump in any number of ways. Romney chimed in in support.

nti

THe Establishment tried to sabotage Trump in any number of ways. Romney chimed in in support.

"Chiming in" is now considered trying to thwart Republican voters? What about the people who "chimed in" when Romney was the nominee?

I remember Fox News being critical of Trump before he was considered a serious candidate, and Republicans on USMB accusing them of sliding to the left. The moment he became a serious candidate Fox jumped on the bandwagon, and Trump supporters were suddenly cool with Fox again. :lol:
Yep...I remember.

Exactly! The Dems, by running Hellary, are as culpable for Trump becoming president as the Republicans are.

Actually President Trump is a direct result of the failure of President Obama (I use the singular because his entire Presidency was a failure)

This is easily proven by the fact that the electoral college swung on a few key states via voters who had voted for Obama twice, but voted for Trump. Obama did such a shitty job than when Hillary essentially said "third term of Obama" the people who have voted for hi twice said "no thanks" if he had done a better job, more of those voters would have held their nose and voted for the entirely disgusting Hillary Clinton.

nti

"Chiming in" is now considered trying to thwart Republican voters? What about the people who "chimed in" when Romney was the nominee?

If you want to read up on the various games the GOP leadership played trying to keep the outsider, out, you go right ahead.

Any man worthy of the title, should have condemned and stood against that shit.

Romney supported it. With that, he betrayed the vast majority of his former supporters and should be ashamed.

Trump was the strongest candidate. The Democrats have no strong candidate. They change every few days. Remember when it was Betomania? Now its Kamalatoe. The Democrats are virulently anti American and it's hurting all of them.

Yeah and it's amazing how fast they rolled over Occasional Cortex (alias 'fly eyes')

Forum List

Back