Need to point fingers? Use the facts.

Our government isn't in a democracy nor IS it a democracy.

Gee.....ya' wanna argue with GOD??????

:eek:

"So I tell you there are a great many God-fearing, dedicated, noble men and women in public life, present company included. And yes, we need your help to keep us ever mindful of the ideas and the principles that brought us into the public arena in the first place. The basis of those ideals and principles is a commitment to freedom and personal liberty that, itself, is grounded in the much deeper realization that freedom prospers only where the blessings of God are avidly sought and humbly accepted.

The American experiment in democracy rests on this insight. Its discovery was the great triumph of our Founding Fathers, voiced by William Penn when he said: "If we will not be governed by God, we must be governed by tyrants."

Liberal media framing a debate without a shred of evidence...which turns out to be total hogwash.

Neither right nor left wing rhetoric had a thing to do with Loughner, Tuscon or Rep Giffords.

The facts bear it out.

So what is the left calling attention to?

Scoring political points against those they disagree with.
Some are positively gleeful they have graves to stand on to point fingers.
Yeah.....that'd be ONE way to say it......

345http-dyimgcom-a-p-afp-20090210-captphoto_1234284008300-1-0jpg.jpeg
bush-finger.jpg

Last edited:
Some are positively gleeful they have graves to stand on to point fingers.
But they're severely disappointed that Loughner didn't leave a poorly written, barely legible, illiterate right wing tea party pro Palin manifesto.
Yep. So what do they do? Insist the right wing made him do it. Damn the reality, full meme ahead!
Absolutely.....after all.....Everybody knows Loughner was a Liberal.

:rolleyes:

I think holding Limbaugh, Beck, and the rest of hate radio responsible is just plain dumb. The guy is a fruitcake. Does that mean that messages of hate and sometime violence have no effect on nuts like this. I doubt that but if you take left and right wing hate radio and TV add to that thousands of Internet Blogs that condone violence as the answer, TV, and movies that glorify violence, then there are lot of people that bear some responsibility, but most of all, Loughner.
Consistent, much????? :rolleyes:

Examples of left-wing hate radio and/or T.V., please......specific-examples.

<tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick>​

But they're severely disappointed that Loughner didn't leave a poorly written, barely legible, illiterate right wing tea party pro Palin manifesto.
Yep. So what do they do? Insist the right wing made him do it. Damn the reality, full meme ahead!
Not only that, but you can be Dupnik, the chief law enforcement officer for that county, and after the event basically tell the folks, "I knew something like this was coming" and have them all buffaloed so much, none ever ask, "Uhh, but if you knew, why didn't you have any deputies assigned to the event?"

Answer? He HOPED this would happen....
....At least, that's what FAUX Noise says.....

Wankin.gif

Fact 1: Sheriff Dupnik knew this cluck Loughner was a danger to the community. His deputies had gone to the cluck's home on several occasions in the months prior to the shootings, concerning death threats.

Fact 2: Immediately after the shootings, Dupnik claimed "right wing rhetoric" was responsible. Repeating a mantra he'd used many times before the shooting.

Fact 3: Using fact 1 and fact 2, it's apparent that either A) The sheriff lies, and doesn't really think "right wing rhetoric" is a danger or, B) He thinks it's a danger but not really a bad one or C) He believes it IS a danger and was just hoping for some such to happen, as did.

Either way, we get to Fact 4: The survivors and the families of the deceased have a very good lawsuit case, for wrongful death and injury, because Dupnik didn't have ANY deputies at this public event led by his US Representative, in the middle of what he claims is a "hot political climate" where "violent right wing rhetoric" might drive someone to violence.

Loughner is responsible, alone, for the shooting. DUPNIK is liable for damages, for not doing his fucking JOB and making at the very least a token effort, to prevent it.

LET ME CONCLUDE: Republicans are responsible for putting the state in debt, and cutting the police budgets causing massive layoffs and cut hours and days leading to no protection at the event.:eek:
State's been run by Dems most of the time.
.....But, you simply forgot to post any stats, as proof-o'-that, right??

You fail.​

State's been run by Dems most of the time. Napolitano left it in deep debt.

Dupnik's budget doesn't come from the state, it's from the county, also run by Dems forever. Dupnik never cited any budget problems.

You fail.

No, the state has not been run by Dem Governors most of the time. Take a walk down history lane. And if you lied about the first part, I assume you lied about the county as well. You fail extra-big-Time on this one.
The county sheriff's department does NOT get its money from the state.

Napolitano left the state in deep debt.
Gee.....you states' rights (and, free-market) folks surely-do get awfully-shameless....when you expect welfare. :eusa_eh:

(It's different, for you....right??)​

You can spend and train the best mental health system in the world, but if people aren't referred into that system you still get a violent person with a gun. The parents were to blame here.

You can spend and train the best mental health system in the world, but if people aren't referred into that system you still get a violent person with a gun. The parents were to blame here.
Only if you can prove they knew he was going to go out and murder people and did nothing to stop him.

Otherwise, no.

A mentally unstable person with a gun and violent tendencies. Do I have to draw you a picture?

No, the state has not been run by Dem Governors most of the time. Take a walk down history lane. And if you lied about the first part, I assume you lied about the county as well. You fail extra-big-Time on this one.
The county sheriff's department does NOT get its money from the state.

Napolitano left the state in deep debt.

This is all moot anyway, just a pissant deflection, since the Sheriff would have billed the US for the protection anyway and never made any statement about budget problems.

You continue to fail, defending the indefensible. It is STANDARD procedure to have police presence at such events. Dupnik had the jurisdiction. It happened on HIS watch, it's on him.

While your losing, here is your governor cutting the mentally ill budget in the state, and old Reagan trick. It didn't work then, and it doesn't work now does it? You fail Loser & take your governor with you.:lol:

Some $36 million was slashed early last year, and Gov. Jan Brewer called the cuts,

It's pretty amazing that The Wicked Bitch Of The West finds it so difficult to manage Arizona's Stim-Buck$.....you know, those Federal Funds that don't do any good, anyhow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely.....after all.....Everybody knows Loughner was a Liberal.

I repeat: Are any of you idiots ever going to prove he was exposed to violent right-wing rhetoric, or are you just going to rely on the Big Lie strategy?

If you thought that I was extremely jealous and possibly homicidally violent - yes - you are responsible.

So when the police arrest a subject for killing a child...they must withhold the murders identity if they believe the family or a member of the public is capable of or angry enough to kill the suspect?

I suppose, in your eyes, the police, DA's and judges are responsible for any harm that comes to defendants.

The "3 strikes" law doesn't have anything to do with that he was on the way to murder people at the Tides Foundation and the ACLU when the police, fortunately, intercepted him-- and doesn't reflect at all on the statement he made that he was going to murder those people because of Glenn Beck.

Of course it does, the guy opened fire on the police, not the ACLU or Tides Foundation !

Where did Glenn Beck say "shoot police"?

In fact Beck is extremely pro-law enforcement.

That is where your argument comes apart.

Beck has also compared the Progressives directly with Nazis. He has said that Progressives are in favor of euthanasia because they want to create a eugenics program that will murder anyone who is sick.

This isn't just telling a homicidal maniac that his wife is "cheating" -- this is seriously saying that people are out to kill you.

The problem here isn't that unstable people are twisting what Beck is saying - the problem is that unstable people are believing what he's saying.

Listen to what Beck actually says, before it's been filtered through the left wing sites.

If what Beck was saying were true, you would have the same justification to go after the Progressives as the Allies did with the Nazis.

No, you wouldn't.

Their are still plenty of real Nazi's in the U.S. today, and you are not justified to kill them.

Argument fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
This fruitcake acted alone. He apparently was not influenced by anyone on either side of the political spectrum. Those are the facts.

Excellent point.

Here are the perceptions. There are a great many on the right that have spoken in terms that are incendiary. First in suggesting that our government in this democracy is our enemy. Second, by stating that 2nd amendment solutions should be sought because a majority voted in someone they do not like. And third, by images and referances to crosshairs and guns. None of the people making these statements meant to actually carry them out. However, as we recoil in horror at the events in Tucson, we cannot but remember the rhetoric and images. This is the kind of horror that they were refering to, and it will be reflected in peoples attitudes towards those created the rhetoric and images.

Then you blow it by proving yourself an idiot.

What about the many on the left that not only speak in incendiary terms, but use actual incendiary devices to make their points? They not only point out that government is the enemy, they attack it with bombs.
Seeing-as-how your allegations are present-tense, I'm sure you must be able to provide examples.

<tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick>

Words do mean things.

But when Obama says "When they bring a knife, we'll bring a gun"...I don't think he means that anyone has really brought a knife or for anyone to bring an actual gun...he's speaking figuatively.

When Palin says "Don't retreat, reload." she saying the same thing Obama is saying. Don't give up, comeback with a stronger argument.

So do you believe that Palin will stick to her guns (lol) and continue to use that sort of rhetoric?

Do you think she should? Shouldn't she? After all, it's just figurative, and her fans love it. Wouldn't she be caving in to unjustified pressure, if she tones it down?

No one? Why is that? What is the logic in

Palin did nothing wrong, but she should never ever ever ever do it again??

Sorry, NYCarb, missed this the first time.

I can't speak for Palin or Obama, but I'm not going to change the way I talk or post out of fear that someone is going to take the figurative literally.

Are you? Cuz' that would be crazy.

A mentally unstable person with a gun and violent tendencies. Do I have to draw you a picture?
No, you merely need to prove what I posted above.

The evidence was widely available as to these issues. A reasonable person would have acted and sought help. That is usually the legal standard.
When did he buy the gun? Did his parents know he had the gun? Were his parents able to influence him to seek medical attention (after all, he is an adult). Did they think or know that he might kill people?

You are putting blame where it doesn't belong unless you can prove they conspired with him or covered up something. I don't think either of those is the case with the evidence we currently have.

Can't waste a crisis. It's in their playbook, their DNA.

Liberal William Ayers blew up an empty office building because he wanted to make a statement and didn't want to hurt anyone.

Conservative Timothy McVeigh blew up a post office killing 168 men, women and children and injuring scores of others because he wanted to make a statement and kill as many as possible.

The radical right and the radical left have different values and that shows up in the way they do things.

That's rich. Lew Ayres blew up buildings, and never went to jail. I guess the real difference between the left and the right is the right holds people accountable when they break the law.
Yeah.....that's what happens......
Wankin.gif

"I respect the jury’s verdict. But I have concluded that the prison sentence given to Mr. Libby is excessive. Therefore, I am commuting the portion of Mr. Libby’s sentence that required him to spend thirty months in prison."

New Topics

Forum List

Back