Need Support: Dismantle the "New Deal" Programs for American Prosperity!

Sep 30, 2011
Hey,

I know I've been here for two days now and I know I've posted a petition below that links to the White House's "We the People" Petition Site but it turns out that it's not working out. I don't know why its not working out but I figured that people aren't willing enough to either create an account on the White House page or they feel that the Obama Administration in particular isn't going to read their petition. I understand this frustration and this is why I'm going back to Change.org - Start, Join, and Win Campaigns for Change because this is a more known and prominent way of petitioning practically anything; furthermore, it's not too much of a problem for folks registering, supporting and getting out there without absurd restrictions involving who can find your petition. Yes, I've figured out that the White House is scheming people when it comes to their petitions on the site, you have to get over 200 (not 150) to actually be searched and be on the front page but at the same the registration is buggy. So, I've decided to re-look at my ideas and I've recreated my petition on Change.org; I hope that you take the initiative of checking it out and possibly supporting it. Thanks.

Centrist Fiasco

The Dismantlement of the "New Deal" Programs for America's Prosperity

Last edited:
I'm shock to see that hardly anybody wants to respond to my posts... No criticism? No trolls? No sarcasm?

Hey,

I know I've been here for two days now and I know I've posted a petition below that links to the White House's "We the People" Petition Site but it turns out that it's not working out. I don't know why its not working out but I figured that people aren't willing enough to either create an account on the White House page or they feel that the Obama Administration in particular isn't going to read their petition. I understand this frustration and this is why I'm going back to Change.org - Start, Join, and Win Campaigns for Change because this is a more known and prominent way of petitioning practically anything; furthermore, it's not too much of a problem for folks registering, supporting and getting out there without absurd restrictions involving who can find your petition. Yes, I've figured out that the White House is scheming people when it comes to their petitions on the site, you have to get over 200 (not 150) to actually be searched and be on the front page but at the same the registration is buggy. So, I've decided to re-look at my ideas and I've recreated my petition on Change.org; I hope that you take the initiative of checking it out and possibly supporting it. Thanks.

Centrist Fiasco

I just read your 3 posts here and your link.

Do they have more specifics as to what they want to replace the programs with. I hear the overview but I need more details than are provided in that link before I sign off on a petition like this.

Hey,

Centrist Fiasco

I agree with Pilgrim...need a more specific program.

For example, you might focus on limiting the central government's powers to the enumerated powers in Article I, section 8.

And not even Originalists would disagee with all New Deal legislation...

1. As Justice Scalia states, the Necessary and Proper Clause gives Congress the power to regulate any intrastate commerce that substantially affects interstate commerce.
a. US v Darby: Congress can impose fair labor laws, since Darby shipped interstate.
b. NLRB v Jones and Laughlin. 4th largest steel producer discriminates…

2. Now, Wickard v. Filburn is different…produced wheat for own consumption, and Raich v. Gonzalez….Congress can act against home grown marijuana for medical use under the Commerce Clause….These cases stretch the meaning of the Necessary and Proper Clause, argued Rehnquist, O’Connor and Thomas, and are wrongly decided. Where are such bans within the purview of the enumerated powers?

Hey,

Centrist Fiasco

Do they have more specifics as to what they want to replace the programs with. I hear the overview but I need more details than are provided in that link before I sign off on a petition like this.

Dude and Possible Dudetts,

It's a petition to get this on the table in the Congress and I provided enough details to let them know what we need; it's pretty obvious what I've stated in my overview I'm not going into details on my opinions on how it should implemented, this is for the U.S. Congress to decide. A petition towards the government is only suppose to provide some details of how to approach things and what type of brief ideas you would like to be taken into initiative. Have you guys read the Constitution? I use plenty of words like, "proper and necessary" laws in my overview like twice. I can't provide you details within every detail because that's not my thing to do, I'm just an average citizen who wants a change that ought to go a certain route. In other words, I just want this whole thing to have better conformity costs and to be updated for the 21st Century; the New Deal needs to be changed and if you don't follow this, I honestly don't know what to say to you. The overview has been updated for awhile now I think read an early version of it by the way.

Last edited:
Hey,

Centrist Fiasco

I agree with Pilgrim...need a more specific program.

For example, you might focus on limiting the central government's powers to the enumerated powers in Article I, section 8.

And not even Originalists would disagee with all New Deal legislation...

1. As Justice Scalia states, the Necessary and Proper Clause gives Congress the power to regulate any intrastate commerce that substantially affects interstate commerce.
a. US v Darby: Congress can impose fair labor laws, since Darby shipped interstate.
b. NLRB v Jones and Laughlin. 4th largest steel producer discriminates…

2. Now, Wickard v. Filburn is different…produced wheat for own consumption, and Raich v. Gonzalez….Congress can act against home grown marijuana for medical use under the Commerce Clause….These cases stretch the meaning of the Necessary and Proper Clause, argued Rehnquist, O’Connor and Thomas, and are wrongly decided. Where are such bans within the purview of the enumerated powers?

You can sign the petition with a comment and I'll be willing to add it to the letter, make it brief.

1. repeals all of FDR's Labor laws.

2. Repeal the Budget Impoundment Act of 1974

Hey,

Centrist Fiasco

It's a petition to get this on the table in the Congress and I provided enough details to let them know what we need; it's pretty obvious what I've stated in my overview I'm not going into details on my opinions on how it should implemented, this is for the U.S. Congress to decide. A petition towards the government is only suppose to provide some details of how to approach things and what type of brief ideas you would like to be taken into initiative. Have you guys read the Constitution? I use plenty of words like, "proper and necessary" laws in my overview like twice. I can't provide you details within every detail because that's not my thing to do, I'm just an average citizen who wants a change that ought to go a certain route. In other words, I just want this whole thing to have better conformity costs and to be updated for the 21st Century; the New Deal needs to be changed and if you don't follow this, I honestly don't know what to say to you. The overview has been updated for awhile now I think read an early version of it by the way.

In other words, you want all the New Deal programs gone and don't care what they get replaced with.

That's good foresight. :clap2:

In other words, you want all the New Deal programs gone and don't care what they get replaced with.

That's good foresight. :clap2:

You don't understand how writing petitions work do you? You can't possibly provide a full bill of what you want your government to do in detail; a petition is all about addressing an issue and explaining your cause briefly. If you have a comment that you want me to add to the letter, sign the petition and I'll immediately add your suggestions unto the letter. This is a community oriented petition.

1. repeals all of FDR's Labor laws.

2. Repeal the Budget Impoundment Act of 1974

Repealing is difficult but dismantling it piece by piece is a lot easier and logical, sign the petition. You and I have a similar mind and I believe we can make a strong team to back this petition up. You sign up anonymously, bro.

Do you have a petition for repealing Health Care Reform? I'll sign that one. Obama stepping down from office?

It's quite a shame how people on this board claim to be all "political" and "conservative" at times but yet they never take advantage at the petitions for a good cause. Shame...

It's quite a shame how people on this board claim to be all "political" and "conservative" at times but yet they never take advantage at the petitions for a good cause. Shame...

Sorry about that, CF. Must have taken a Curmudgeon pill today. I have to get more info on this before I sign up.

Forum List

Back