Need laptop, suggestions?

Wife finally decided her Apple iPad doesn't cut it and wants to get a new laptop. I've stuck with a desktop computer through the years so I'm not much help in offering advice.

She'll be using Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel), cruising the web (Facebook and such) and for doing her banking and paying assorted bills. Pretty basic.

I'm thinking around $400 would get her what she needs. Any suggestions as to (1) a good laptop and (2) where to purchase it would be appreciated.

I just got Asus after years of HP, wish I'd gone with HP. Reliable, I use it quite a lot and yes they sort of die after about 5 years of hard use, they're reliable during that time.

The Asus isn't bad, I got a dodgy Windows on it, and now have Linux and attempting to get windows on virtual box (I got it for 5 minutes and it broke earlier on.) The actual machine had a problem with the keyboard that I got fixed, besides that it works. But the screen seems to be not that good.

For your need, You should definitely go with the Lenovo Ideapad 330 (Ryzen on) which come under your budget and has a good and portable body. It comes with 1TB HDD, 4GN RAM and has Ryzen 7 Series. So this one will fit in your budget.

Forum List

Back