Need help

If you look in the quick reply section there is a little yellow box with lines across and a tail. You can and should include quotes in your replies by clicking on that.

When you are responding directly to a post you can and should click on the quote box that is under each and every post.

When you click on the quote button it puts BBEdit quote tags [ QUOTE -] [ /QUOTE -] in your posting. Just make sure the quoted material is in between the BBEdit tags.
[ QUOTE=lincoln -]
Four score and seven years ago
our fathers brought forth on this continent
A new nation conceived in liberty...
[ /QUOTE -]

Last edited:
Hope you figure out the quoting as it is easy [-quote][/quote-] {minus the dashes} and welcome here. Post away and have fun and it's a great site to discuss all that vexes us....

Hat is tipped towards you...

Robert

Hi I am new here and am trying to figure things out. One thing that I seem to have a problem with is quoting previous posts, when others do it they come out in neat boxes, all I get is the text with the word QUOTE after it. Other than that it is good to be here and I hope that my time is beneficial to all concerned

this the little button on the bottom right that says ...quote. That will quote the post.

to put something in a quote... there is a little button at the top of the posting screen 4th from the right... put your cursor over and it will say "wrap

How's all this working out for ya?? ~LoL
Things are going ok little nervous because I have some strong opinions about things but I guess that is what this and other boards are for. I have to say that the people who have taken the time to help me out on this thread have given me a good feeling about all of this. Probably will take me a while to hit my stride, but that is a good thing i guess.

How's all this working out for ya?? ~LoL
Things are going ok little nervous because I have some strong opinions about things but I guess that is what this and other boards are for. I have to say that the people who have taken the time to help me out on this thread have given me a good feeling about all of this. Probably will take me a while to hit my stride, but that is a good thing i guess.

Just wait 'till you start voicing those strong opinions. :eusa_whistle:

Oh- welcome! :thup:

Hi I am new here and am trying to figure things out. One thing that I seem to have a problem with is quoting previous posts, when others do it they come out in neat boxes, all I get is the text with the word QUOTE after it. Other than that it is good to be here and I hope that my time is beneficial to all concerned
Welcome to USMB, patrickcaturday. Hope you enjoy the boards.

:)

Forum List

Back