Need Help Identifying Oslo Shooter's Uniform And Medals

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
I saw this photo of the shooter a few days ago, I'm sure many of you have seen it as well:

7f6906ee3cc3.png

If you look at the bottom row of ribbons, isn't that a Vietnam Campaign ribbon in the middle? Further up you see what looks like Air Force ribbons, Basic Training, Oustanding Unit, Expert Marksman and so forth (I can't remember what they look like, I got out nearly 20 years ago). Topped by what looks like a Purple Heart? And what's on is arm apparently is an actual Knights Templar insignia.

So if any current or former military, or any one with any knowledge of his decorations could chime in and give us your opinions and post any pics related to him and his uniforms and weaponry. I think it would be interesting as well as informative as to what this persons background and mindset may be. (other than the fact that he's a whack-a-doodle, which is a given)

Last edited:
Yeah = photoshopped to hell. That's a USMC Dress Uniform.
Purple Heart, Bronze Star, etc. American medals. That bullshit on the collar is BS, as is the shit below his left pocket - that "thing" on his left arm - and the shoulder boards. I am sure there's more, but anyone with two weeks on active duty knows this is a fake.

Here's the uniform worn correctly - (this guy has medals on - so ribbons to the right)

Last edited:
Wonder if he actually served in the Norwegian military? If so, their precedence of ribbons may be much different than the US versions.

Might help to Google "Norwegian Military Awards".

You can order whatever US Military uniform you want on line, hell I could order a 4 Star General Army uniform right now with all the trimmings. Dude is obviously a phsyco.

He liked to dress up in an American military uniform?

Not sure if that says more about him or the Norweigan military.

Nah - his head was photoshopped on a Marine's photo - and the BS awards/uniform mods were added by the author of the crappy photoshop session.

Wonder if he actually served in the Norwegian military? If so, their precedence of ribbons may be much different than the US versions.

Might help to Google "Norwegian Military Awards".

I thought you were former Navy. You can't see this is an obvious fake? Read my earlier post please my friend. And look again at the uniform. It is so fake, it bleeds of fake. Any Marine E-1 seeing this two weeks into boot camp would establish that fact in 20 seconds.

He's a far right wing Christian extremist asshole.
There are already many threads calling him a "Christian Asshole", please post your comments in those. I'm not defending him, I'm just trying to sort out what I see as "uniform issues" and I'd appreciate if you can't stay on topic then please refrain from posting.

Thank you.

Yeah = photoshopped to hell. That's a USMC Dress Uniform.
Purple Heart, Bronze Star, etc. American medals. That bullshit on the collar is BS, as is the shit below his left pocket - that "thing" on his left arm - and the shoulder boards. I am sure there's more, but anyone with two weeks on active duty knows this is a fake.

Here's the uniform worn correctly - (this guy has medals on - so ribbons to the right)
You know I thought he used a Marine uniform as a starting point, thanks for confirming that.

He's a far right wing Christian extremist asshole.
There are already many threads calling him a "Christian Asshole", please post your comments in those. I'm not defending him, I'm just trying to sort out what I see as "uniform issues" and I'd appreciate if you can't stay on topic then please refrain from posting.

Thank you.

Considering the views that he's printed in his manifesto, you gotta take the whole thing in.

Don't know what that blue one is on top - but second row (left to right) - Unknown , Legion of Merit, Bronze Star
Looking at the order of precedence here - this is obvious bullshit - the purple heart - second from the last row - the one on the right - serious?? That should immediately follow the Bronze Star. Certified 100% bullshit.

Don't know what that blue one is on top - but second row (left to right) - Unknown , Legion of Merit, Bronze Star
Looking at the order of precedence here - this is obvious bullshit - the purple heart - second from the last row - the one on the right - serious?? That should immediately follow the Bronze Star. Certified 100% bullshit.

The unknown is the Navy Cross.

The unknown is the Navy Cross.

Thanks - I've been out a long time and quite frankly - didn't see too many of those when I was in.

Forum List

Back