Need Help for School Project

Griz

Rookie
Feb 27, 2012
This is a plea for help. I am a university student looking into residential backup power. I am trying to do some primary research into how many people have generators etc. in case of a power outage. Please answer the following questions:

1. Do you have a generator or some other backup power?
2. If so, what is the kilowatt rating of your backup power?
3. If the power goes out for less than 5 hours, what are the most items you would like to power?
4. If the power goes out for longer than 5 hours, what are the additional items you would like to power?

Thank you for your responses!

This really isn't the place for this.

Most of the replies will be risible.

None of them will be helpful.

You should talk to your advisor about how to do a survey correctly

This is a plea for help. I am a university student looking into residential backup power. I am trying to do some primary research into how many people have generators etc. in case of a power outage. Please answer the following questions:

1. Do you have a generator or some other backup power?
2. If so, what is the kilowatt rating of your backup power?
3. If the power goes out for less than 5 hours, what are the most items you would like to power?
4. If the power goes out for longer than 5 hours, what are the additional items you would like to power?

Thank you for your responses!

Ah stats.....
How I miss that class.

1. Of course. Only an idiot wouldn't.
2. How the hell would I know. I turn the key and it comes on.
3. Fridge, coffee, DirectTV, lights (living room, bathrooms, garage - including all outlets there), pump in basement (critical)
4. Freezer, A/C (if applicable, i.e. in the summer), all outlets - basement, main floor.

Last edited:
1. yes
2. 5 kw
3. Refrigerator, fan for the natural gas furnace, a few lights, coffee pot
4. That is the only things absolutely neccessary, a tv occasionly, radio.

Forum List

Back