~Need Help Finding.......

Banned Toy Museum - TOP 10 Banned Toys

Clackers, also known as Knockers and Click Clacks, consisted of two large acrylic balls, which hung on either end of a heavy string. The two balls would swing apart and together, making the loud clacking noise that gave the toy its name. If swung too hard, the acrylic balls would shatter, sending flying shrapnel everywhere.

Clackers were banned in 1985.

Remembering Fun, Dangerous, and Sometimes Deadly Toys

Click Clack Clackers production was ended after reports of children being injured by clacker shrapnel. Come on, the idea of playing with fast-moving, heavy spheres, made out of hard acrylic plastic, that could shatter upon impact of each other, and who could that possibily pose a safety hazard?

It's understandable they were banned, but yet, I saw ads just a short bit ago, several in fact, that people were sending me, of places (companies) that are selling these clackers.
I really want a pair. I just have so many good memories when I played with those. Dad hated them, he didn't like the noise, so I had to take them outside, but Mother didn't care how loud they were, she let me have a good time. And I could get those babies to go all the way around, touching top and bottom, forming a circle if you will......God what fun :(

I remember they were banned for two reasons. the plastic got brittle and would create a lot of shrapnel with too much smashing. Also the plastic would shrink away from the cords as it cured, which would result in them flying away unexpectedly. They had really high velocity.

I remember they were banned for two reasons. the plastic got brittle and would create a lot of shrapnel with too much smashing. Also the plastic would shrink away from the cords as it cured, which would result in them flying away unexpectedly. They had really high velocity.

That they did!
I could get mine going really really super fast! :lol:

But I'm thinking it's a damn shame. That's the only fucking toy I can remember getting that I really enjoyed. A toy that was dangerous ~LoL~
Ah hayl....that's the way the cookie crumbles for me~

Forum List

Back