~Need Help Finding.......

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Clacker balls....(??)
I am sure somebody here knows what I am referring to.
I had them when I was a child, one of the few "toys' I did have....they were 2 'balls', each attached to strings, and the strings connected at the top.
You held the string with your hand and let the balls (clackers) sort of bump into one another, and they clacked.....maybe a cracker sound??
The balls were made of some hard material, not glass of course, and they were the size of a golf ball, close to it.
I tried looking on eBay, and no luck...but I am certain they are called Clackers.
I know I'm not crazy, they are out there somewhere ~LoL~
Anyway, anyone know where I can possibly find a set??...I would like to have a set again.
I appreciate any help....thanks :)

As far as i know clack clacks were outlawed way back when.

clickclack.jpg

Last edited:
A friend found some for me!!!!!
I am so excited....they cost $30, but they are new in a bag. A bag that says they originally sold for 49 cents, can you believe it??

A friend found some for me!!!!!
I am so excited....they cost $30, but they are new in a bag. A bag that says they originally sold for 49 cents, can you believe it??

that was fast...:lol:

Why were they outlawed???

Yeah I was wondering too.
I never heard that till just now. The company that has them, has many to sell, brand new in bag, they are the vintage 1970 toy.
They can hurt if you get konked in the head.

I wish I had another tin haunted house like the one I had when I was a kid. Found one a few years ago for a buck and sold it on ebay for 600 bucks.
Would be nice to find another one, lol.

Banned Toy Museum - TOP 10 Banned Toys

Clackers, also known as Knockers and Click Clacks, consisted of two large acrylic balls, which hung on either end of a heavy string. The two balls would swing apart and together, making the loud clacking noise that gave the toy its name. If swung too hard, the acrylic balls would shatter, sending flying shrapnel everywhere.

Clackers were banned in 1985.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Remembering-Fun--Dangerous--and-Sometimes-Deadly-Toys

Click Clack Clackers production was ended after reports of children being injured by clacker shrapnel. Come on, the idea of playing with fast-moving, heavy spheres, made out of hard acrylic plastic, that could shatter upon impact of each other, and who could that possibily pose a safety hazard?

Last edited:
Oh man. I saw a truck one time with those things on it.
I wanted to put boob lights on my car but they don't make those. Not.

All the shit we did growing up...I'm surprised we are all still breathin', lol.

Forum List

Back