Need Good Luck Vibes!

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
So, it is already here. Tomorrow, I have the county social worker coming out to go through my home and paperwork to be licensed for a home daycare.

After all the crap I have gone through, all the money and time we have spent on our home to get it up to code and good enough for a home daycare. REally it mostly entailed re-finishing the basement to make it liveable, so we could move our den down there and use the upstairs den for a toy room.

i am SO nervous that I won't pass tomorrow and that we need to fix/change something major. We have gone through everything possible, and have gone over the checklist, and some things are borderline on the house, but totally fixable within a week if needed.

I want to open as of 9/4, so that would give me 2 weeks to interview families and put an ad in the paper and at local stores and churches.

So, I need good luck vibes that the inspection goes well. I likely won't post until mid-day because the whole process takes 2-3 hours, and we have our house being appraised for our refinance later in the afternoon.

God...I am so nervous!

I'm sending you some good luck vibes my dear....

But I'm sure you'll be a.o.k..

Good luck....

Good luck...

Good luck...

:huddle:

So, it is already here. Tomorrow, I have the county social worker coming out to go through my home and paperwork to be licensed for a home daycare.

After all the crap I have gone through, all the money and time we have spent on our home to get it up to code and good enough for a home daycare. REally it mostly entailed re-finishing the basement to make it liveable, so we could move our den down there and use the upstairs den for a toy room.

i am SO nervous that I won't pass tomorrow and that we need to fix/change something major. We have gone through everything possible, and have gone over the checklist, and some things are borderline on the house, but totally fixable within a week if needed.

I want to open as of 9/4, so that would give me 2 weeks to interview families and put an ad in the paper and at local stores and churches.

So, I need good luck vibes that the inspection goes well. I likely won't post until mid-day because the whole process takes 2-3 hours, and we have our house being appraised for our refinance later in the afternoon.

God...I am so nervous!

Good luck indeed!

God...I am so nervous!

Don't worry. There will be something you forgot, you can bet on it. There was always something I missed, every year. :laugh:

Good luck, I hope the women is nice!

You'll be fine. I predict a quick and easy inspection... I hope you make a ton of money taking advantage of those fools that won't stay home with their kids...

:D

God...I am so nervous!

You can alaos tell them that you have immediate internet access to some of the greatest minds in the world !:teeth:

You can alaos tell them that you have immediate internet access to some of the greatest minds in the world !:teeth:

Heh heh! Too true! I trust you guys with your opinions on most things. I really do consider everyone on here my friend, regardless of political beliefs.

thanks everyone! your vibes must have worked, because I am about a week away from being licensed. I passed with the exception of a few things that would take me an hour maybe to do total (like putting paper towels in the bathroom and the bathroom garbage need to be covered or under the sink, etc), and we are still waiting on the disease test for my bird to come back, and it should be in by the time she comes for reinspection next thursday. If not, she will still give me my license and I can just fax her the results, which are likely negative, based on the symptom list the vet gave me.

:thewave:

Great job Fuzzy, you're in! Now get some kids and may the $$$ come in with the fun!

Since there's no such thing as luck, how about prayers? :)

hey...whatever kind of vibes that you wanna send. Prayer works too!!

How about this...pray that my house appraisal comes in at no less than $225K so that we can take out what we need to pay off our cards and my car...

the appraisal is this afternoon at 1:30...

Good Lord, what a day...

Heh heh! Too true! I trust you guys with your opinions on most things. I really do consider everyone on here my friend, regardless of political beliefs.

thanks everyone! your vibes must have worked, because I am about a week away from being licensed. I passed with the exception of a few things that would take me an hour maybe to do total (like putting paper towels in the bathroom and the bathroom garbage need to be covered or under the sink, etc), and we are still waiting on the disease test for my bird to come back, and it should be in by the time she comes for reinspection next thursday. If not, she will still give me my license and I can just fax her the results, which are likely negative, based on the symptom list the vet gave me.

:thewave:

That's what I thought. I constantly forgot to get my cats shots every year.

One year, I had the day off and my home inspector showed up with the ministry inspector for a random inspection! I was moving furniture around and there were wires and all kinds crap ALL over the place. Not to mention overflowing garbage in the bathroom, dirty dishes in the sink etc, etc. Thankfully she was nice and didn't say anything about the mess. She even said she's suspicous of caregivers who have spotless home. :laugh:

That's what I thought. I constantly forgot to get my cats shots every year.

really? Our vet sends a reminder card 2-3 months before the shots are due, then calls 2 months before to ask if you want to schedule an appt so you don't forget...if they don't get a hold of you, they will call once a week at different times until they do or until you call back. Kinda nice because I always forget after I get the card. This is actually an option you can elect for them to do for you when you register your pet with them.

One year, I had the day off and my home inspector showed up with the ministry inspector for a random inspection! I was moving furniture around and there were wires and all kinds crap ALL over the place. Not to mention overflowing garbage in the bathroom, dirty dishes in the sink etc, etc. Thankfully she was nice and didn't say anything about the mess. She even said she's suspicous of caregivers who have spotless home. :laugh:
I don't see how she could say anything...it's not like you had any kids there at the time.

Tim and I are going through storage boxes in our bedroom and our laundry room has a mountain of dirty laundry on the floor, but we tried to make it look neat at least.

At least you knew she was coming. I only had one surprise ministry inspection, thank heavens.I had a home visit and inspection every three months through the agency I was working for. Prior to that, I was on my own and left at the mercy of the ministry inspector.

You'd be surprised how annal and bitchy some of 'inspectors' can be. Over 7 1/2 yrs, I had three in total, and the second inspector tried to insist on looking in my bedroom, even though it wasn't being used for childcare purposes. Her exact words were 'open THE door'. I refused, she had no busienss in there. Then she nit picked everything and poked her nose in EVERY nook and cranny, as she should, sans le rude remarks. She didn't ask to look in the basement though...wonder why? Anyway, the only thing she could say was that the pairing knives were too sharp and shouldn't be in the kitchen drawer. That and the cat's shots. She said she would hold up my license if I didn't fax her the paper work within 48 hrs. Pretty good in the end, she could have suspended it on the spot.

And btw, Lucy does get a card every year, but they stopped bugging me on the phone since I forgot about most of the appointments and had to rebook the majority of the time, I think they gave up.

Forum List

Back