Need Community Input, Please Vote

Should individuals be allowed multiple accounts at USMB?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 100.0%

• Total voters
I used to think the same way, but it doesn't work.. Now I'm of the opinion that Mods/Admin should just be held to a higher standard than that of a typical user, since they're reflective of the board "tone". They can do that with just one account.

That said, I don't think a single person needs multiple accounts on the same board. In fact, I can't even think of a reason that two people would need the same email account, since every provider offers (on average) 5 email accounts per household, AND there are those that are always free like Hotmail, Yahoo, and Gmail. I have 4 email accounts, but only one account per "board".

I think as long as admin/mods are mature enough to handle the job, and can differentiate between posting as a member and moderating, and not using their staff status as a crtutch, they should not be penalized for being members of the staff.

I think as long as admin/mods are mature enough to handle the job, and can differentiate between posting as a member and moderating, and not using their staff status as a crtutch, they should not be penalized for being members of the staff.

*cough* We've BOTH seen how well THAT works in 90% of all cases...

OK, I've officially added the "one account per person" rule to the forum guidelines.

Thanks for the input, everyone.

If 'repping' were the problem, I'd have no problem. Moreso the piling on, like on here:

http://usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?p=542837#post542837

Several. I could deal with, though lots of dings and nasties. What about a newbie to the board or one that finds being outnumbered, makes them feel wrong?

Are you saying that the pile on was all the same person? Because, I hate to inform you, it was not.

Maybe you're not used to a site where every liberal isn't banned within a few hours of joining the site by dmp? My guess is that you're having trouble surviving when you don't have far-right mods who aren't afraid to abuse their power to silence the opposition. Now that moderates and liberals can stay and dish out what they get (unlike the last time when I was here and neocons would dish and dish and bash and bash and then whine like babies when they got it back at them... who'd they think I was? Apologist Colmes?) it seems you're having a problem.

Guess what. The previous moderators kept you safe and sound from any dissention from the far-right viewpoint. You could bash away and call people "fuktard" and other things and were absolved from getting it in return. It may not have been a policy per-se... but this board was not designed for real debate back then. It was designed for Hannity and Colmes... where Hannity flails away and Colmes mumbles. It was slighty right to far-right...

Now you cry-baby about a little pile on? Maybe you should have stayed out of the Taunting Arena.

Are you saying that the pile on was all the same person? Because, I hate to inform you, it was not.

Maybe you're not used to a site where every liberal isn't banned within a few hours of joining the site by dmp? My guess is that you're having trouble surviving when you don't have far-right mods who aren't afraid to abuse their power to silence the opposition. Now that moderates and liberals can stay and dish out what they get (unlike the last time when I was here and neocons would dish and dish and bash and bash and then whine like babies when they got it back at them... who'd they think I was? Apologist Colmes?) it seems you're having a problem.

Guess what. The previous moderators kept you safe and sound from any dissention from the far-right viewpoint. You could bash away and call people "fuktard" and other things and were absolved from getting it in return. It may not have been a policy per-se... but this board was not designed for real debate back then. It was designed for Hannity and Colmes... where Hannity flails away and Colmes mumbles. It was slighty right to far-right...

Now you cry-baby about a little pile on? Maybe you should have stayed out of the Taunting Arena.
Dear fuktard, the pile on wasn't about me. You seem to have serious issues with me, why not just ignore what I post?

Dear fuktard, the pile on wasn't about me. You seem to have serious issues with me, why not just ignore what I post?

I know it was about your boyfriend CSM... if you didn't notice, I was involved ya jackass.

Sorry USMB isn't goose-stepping to Alte Kameraden anymore...

There should be no need for one having multiple accounts.

I see it as mischief...Maybe a personality disorder as well.

One can view the posts not logged in....If you are handing out e-mails accts...Totaly a different story.

If a person wants to start out fresh..I see no problem leaving your old handle in the dirt..and starting out fresh.

How somebody could,want,crave to have multiple accounts..is someone I certainly would not want to chat with.

Being so much conspiracy has taken place here..I could see alot of aliased individuals using multiple identities.

I would not overly wory about it...To combat it..we would have to have a thumb print pad..or an eye scan.

If there are some good reasons..I'd sure like to hear them...I've been proven wrong in the past.

Creek

New Topics

Forum List

Back