need an easy chkn recipe for dinner tonite-Im out of ideas

K

KLSuddeth

Hey everyone

Im staring at these boneless chicken breasts and Im tired of making the same things that I usually make. I dont want to spend alot of time on it because of the homeschool thing - I have papers to grade and lesson plans to make.

Any suggestions?

:D

I keep my pantry so well stocked that people accuse me of buying out Whole Foods - LOL

and yes, I have a grill

Have you tried the last one that you posted? Is it really good?

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

How about chicken cacciatore?

Cut the boneless breastsi into 8 even pieces each (per single breast). Brown in olive oil and remove from pan. In pan, sautee a quartered onion until transparent (but not really browned). Add 1/4 mushrooms (about 1 lb). Cook until getting limp.

Stir in one 16 oz. can of tomato sauce and about 1/2 can of water or, better yet, stock. When it comes to a boil, add salt and pepper to taste, 1 bay leaf, 1-2 sprigs of parseley (stripped from the vein) and 1/2 stalk rosemary. Add chicken and one can of pitted black olives. Simmer for about 1/2 hour.

Serve over polenta, rice or pasta.

THanks! THats alot easier than the recipe that my grandmother taught me! :)

Sorry for the delay(got paged-damnit), looks like Evil took care of business.

Here's one, maybe not so quick though, but a great spring - summertime recipe.

Citrus Chicken:

Ingredients:
1.Chicken breast boneless, skinless - 4 each
2.Fresh orange - 2 each
3.Fresh Lemon - 2 each
4.Fresh Lime - 2 each
5.Honey - 1/2 cup
6.Cumin - 1 teaspoon
7.Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
8. Fresh Mint - couple of sprigs
9. kosher salt , fresh ground pepper - to taste

Method:

1. Using a zester, zest the oranges, lemons, and limes, reserve the zest.
2. In a bowl squeeze juice from the citrus fruit, add honey and spices and mint.
3. Marinade chicken in juice for up to 4 hours.
4. Remove chicken from marinade - place into sauce pot and over low heat reduce by half. Then add reserved zest.
5. Grill chicken, brushing on reduced marinade.

Notes:
Because of the sugars in the marinade be careful with flare up. May want to have a spray bottle with water near by.
If you do not have a zester, a vegetable peeler will work. Just peel the rind without digging into the white pithy part. Then cut into thin strips(juilenne).
The chicken will have a light and refreshing taste, great with cold beer or a nice chardonnay.

The quickie chicken sounds very very good! I will have to try it :)

Mmmm teriyaki sauce and bacon bits..

Forum List

Back