Need a New Laptop ...

Oh, I can speak a tiny bit of Spanish. I've taken it before a couple of times but never use it, so I don't remember it at all.

Como esta? Me llamo Christina. Agua. Muy caliente. :razz:
Es tut mir Leid, dass ich kein Spanisch sprechen.

Lol! I had to google translate and still not sure. It makes you sad that I don't speak Spanish?
Non è spagnolo.

I only speak English. :D
No habla........

Oh, I can speak a tiny bit of Spanish. I've taken it before a couple of times but never use it, so I don't remember it at all.

Lol! I had to google translate and still not sure. It makes you sad that I don't speak Spanish?
Non è spagnolo.

Not Spanish? :lol: I don't know.

just found the benefit of a touchscreen laptop. when the cat decides to sit on your arm and across the bottom of the laptop, you can just use the touchscreen. lol

No habla........

Non è spagnolo.

The 1st was Binary, the 2nd was Spanish, the 3rd was German and the last was Italian.

(Uummmm..... shoulda answered in Chinese.......)

Non è spagnolo.

The 1st was Binary, the 2nd was Spanish, the 3rd was German and the last was Italian.

(Uummmm..... shoulda answered in Chinese.......)

Chinese!!! :ack-1: It would take me an hour to figure it out! Lol.

When I went shopping for my laptop, there were some that were well over $1000. I was like :ack-1:!!! Show me to the 300 and 500 dollar laptops! :lol:

I know, right? The Lenovo I bought was $730 at Best Buy, got if for $670 on Amazon and all I heard was 'budget laptop' when asking questions about it. I refuse to pay over $1,000 for a laptop, especially when they don't last very long anyway.

I don't mind windows 8.1 at all. I thought it was going to be just awful but once you understand what they're trying to do, it's ok. I downloaded Classic Shell from here: Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements to get the start menu back. Now when I press the 'windows' key on the laptop (bottom left area) the start menu comes up instead of the screen switching to the tiles page. I also went into the settings on the pc to tell it to load directly to the desktop so I don't have to switch from the tiles page. On the tiles page I went through each app and deleted or uninstalled the ones I'll never use. I also set a desktop tile on there just to make it easy to get back to the desktop. I understand what they're trying to do with windows and the app/tiles page ... have it be consistent across all devices. Laptops just don't seem overly conducive to apps, imo, even when you have a touchscreen. This laptop happens to be touchscreen. The only time I use that feature is if I'm using the apps but it isn't necessary. Oh, I do use it to swipe in from the right, to get to the control panel. Half the time I end up re-sizing my browser screen though. lol

Have you tried getting a wireless mouse so you don't have to use the track pad? I'm not a huge fan of the track pads, I fell uncoordinated and slow. I just got a wireless mouse and mousepad set (they match lol) at Target for $25. I prefer Logitech mouse, find them quite comfortable and reliable. Had a Microsoft mouse and it was awful, crappy scrolling. You can get just a mouse for pretty cheap .... $15 or so.

It's outrageous how much money they want. I don't need one that does all that much anyway, so I am fine with the cheaper laptop. Lol.

I'm getting used to Windows 8.1, but I HATE all the aps, and I don't like how the start menu is formatted at all! I find that to be a bit confusing.

I hate the tile pages, and because I have to 2-finger scroll, I accidentally click on things all the time! That is the most annoying part. If this computer had a scroll bar, it would make life MUCH easier. :) I'll have to make sure to check on that next time I have to buy one!

I have been thinking about getting a wireless mouse and keyboard. That would be fantastic, but they are not on my immediate list of purchases that I need to make at the moment. Maybe after Christmas or something. :) Thanks for the tip!

I am using a wired mouse now, cheaper and works fine. I can't stand the touchpad. I am new to Windows 8.1. I like 7, but I will get use to this one , I think a mouse would be good for you, save a lot of aggravation.

Forum List

Back