Need a new appliance? Hold on....

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
The appliances program may be destined to continue the debate. For when it comes to stimulus, timing can be critical, and the implementation of the effort has dragged on, possibly diminishing its usefulness.

Although the $787 billion stimulus program was signed by Obama in February of 2009, much of the cash-for-appliances money won’t hit the streets until next February, March or April. The rebate program is being run by state governments, which must define and enact their rebate plans with federal government funding and approval. A survey of some of the largest states shows that California is planning to begin its program in March, New York in February, Pennsylvania in the spring, Illinois in January and April.

Under the program, Virginia is expected to receive $7.5 million, Maryland $5.4 million and the District $568,000, but the requirements and rebates have not yet been disclosed.

Now the home appliance manufacturers who celebrated the passage of the program worry that the delay in its implementation might actually depress sales at first, with consumers putting off purchases until the rebates begin.

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Get ready for Cash for Appliances … sometime

Gotta wait for that free Obama money....

Are they this dumb, or do you think it's deliberate?

o this was the gov teat i planned to latch onto...turns out..water heaters arent included unless you going gas or solar....i am not.....i really cant justify replacing working appliances....cause of a rebate....i might replace my chest freezer but i am not sure if the are included...

damn it i need some gov teat...

Here ya go. Merry Christmas.

1aaapigs.jpg

Forum List

Back