need a gun and survival forum. It will double your traffic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
always has, every forum where it's tried.

There's a complicated agreement between USMB and other "related" forums NOT for us to have those topics as specific forums. Look at the VERY BOTTOM of the home page for "outdoor forums" and "prepper forums" as a popular link. As Kat said, we host discussions related to those topics, but as part of "the Garage" forum..

As this forum has included a direct link to the Prepper Forum, can someone at this forum post a direct link here to a specific thread that's at the Prepper Forum? If no then why not when as you comment at the bottom of the home page USMB provides a direct link to the Prepper Forum.

We don't want post or forum cross-linking to ANY other forums. But having "sister sites" that cross advertise each other is a great benefit. USMB is MUCH broader than than any of the others linked on the Home Page. Actually these are Mega-links because the gun forum link is actually 10 or 15 different sites Same with the "prepper" link --- I think... .

What happened to the Gun forum that was here? I used to be a member and then one day I noticed it wasn't on my watched Forums list anymore so I thought they just revoked my membership or something.

Read my post above. By agreement to mutually advertise the sites, we were asked to drop the gun forum. It's the kinda of deals that are made all the time to get sites cross-linked for hits and revenue.

Ok, so which sites have gun forums? I like the way this place is run most of the time. But I am interested in chatting about one of my hobbies. This place has some posters that know their stuff too.

Oh well, maybe the next one will too.

always has, every forum where it's tried.

There's a complicated agreement between USMB and other "related" forums NOT for us to have those topics as specific forums. Look at the VERY BOTTOM of the home page for "outdoor forums" and "prepper forums" as a popular link. As Kat said, we host discussions related to those topics, but as part of "the Garage" forum..

As this forum has included a direct link to the Prepper Forum, can someone at this forum post a direct link here to a specific thread that's at the Prepper Forum? If no then why not when as you comment at the bottom of the home page USMB provides a direct link to the Prepper Forum.

We don't want post or forum cross-linking to ANY other forums. But having "sister sites" that cross advertise each other is a great benefit. USMB is MUCH broader than than any of the others linked on the Home Page. Actually these are Mega-links because the gun forum link is actually 10 or 15 different sites Same with the "prepper" link --- I think... .

I guess that explains the drift toward tinfoil hat areas. Prepper sites aren't known for their solid foundation in reality.

What happened to the Gun forum that was here? I used to be a member and then one day I noticed it wasn't on my watched Forums list anymore so I thought they just revoked my membership or something.

Read my post above. By agreement to mutually advertise the sites, we were asked to drop the gun forum. It's the kinda of deals that are made all the time to get sites cross-linked for hits and revenue.

Ok, so which sites have gun forums? I like the way this place is run most of the time. But I am interested in chatting about one of my hobbies. This place has some posters that know their stuff too.

Did you look on the very bottom of the USMB Home Page where it says "popular links" ?? The "outdoor forum" link has at least a dozen gun forums that cross advertise for us.

You can post specific questions or discussions in our "Garage Forum" on the topics.

Did you look on the very bottom of the USMB Home Page where it says "popular links" ?? The "outdoor forum" link has at least a dozen gun forums that cross advertise for us.

You can post specific questions or discussions in our "Garage Forum" on the topics.

Yeah, I keep getting told to use the Garage forum. I just don't see the need to scan thru all the other random threads looking for gun posts. Maybe the Outdoor forum will be a better spot. I sorta thought being a relatively civil poster and trying to discuss issues in a rational manner would be valued. You know, like the top tagline says "USMessageBoard - where your voices count".

Yeah, I keep getting told to use the Garage forum. I just don't see the need to scan thru all the other random threads looking for gun posts. Maybe the Outdoor forum will be a better spot. I sorta thought being a relatively civil poster and trying to discuss issues in a rational manner would be valued. You know, like the top tagline says "USMessageBoard - where your voices count".

It's not an editorial decision to give up the gun forum. It was a GOOD business decision. We now have 24 sites advertising USMB on their HOME PAGES. Agreement was not to compete with their much narrower NICHE discussion boards.

There are 20 threads a week on gun control, gun statistics, gun "education".. It's not like we stopped allowing discussions when it's relevant to current events or politics. AND -- we're allowing discussions in "the Garage".

It's not an editorial decision to give up the gun forum. It was a GOOD business decision. We now have 24 sites advertising USMB on their HOME PAGES. Agreement was not to compete with their much narrower NICHE discussion boards.

There are 20 threads a week on gun control, gun statistics, gun "education".. It's not like we stopped allowing discussions when it's relevant to current events or politics. AND -- we're allowing discussions in "the Garage".

When I want to discuss college football, I go to the Sports forum. I don't scan thru 20 other forums.

I get the business decision. I am disappointed, but no biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back