CDZ Need a Fact Check

True but the non-insane will wait until they are residents of a red state and sue in federal court.

Would they have standing if they ain't a blue state citizen any more? Would they really bother, I'm not seeing the chances of winning such a case as being that good. I mean, can you win if you sue a state for raising taxes or writing onerous regulations? Blue state policies may suck but if they are passed by their legislation and signed by their governor, then what's your case?
Trying to tax non-residents for leaving (Actually proposed in CA) raising non-resident taxes for interstate telecommuters (In effect in NYC) dubiously constitutional laws within the Blue wall are unbounded .

Desperate times call for desperate measures, LOL. It is so hard to believe that a majority of voters in places like Illinois and New Jersey don't vote out the Dems en masse, how can they not see the looming fiscal disaster that's coming? My guess is that some of them are expecting a federal bailout, which a democratic president like Warren or Sanders would do, legal or otherwise.

The disaster in Jersey and Illinois, essentially Chicago, is already here, and been here for over a 150 years.
Disagree with the 150 years. It's been barely 100 years since the largest non-nuclear manmade explosion happened in an NJ port due to German sabotage in WWI. Chicago opened the Sanitary and Vessels canal in 1900 and ceased to be a more or less open sewer. It started to go back to the bad old days with the Volstead Act.

They been in technical default on their bonds many many times over the years, from the 1840's on; Pennsylvania wasn't the only state in trouble during the cycles of depressions the U.S. goes through like clockwork. Also such scams as the Homestead Act and railroad Acts have added to the debts they were able to assume., based on inflated and outright fraudulent valuations over those decades. Their large populations bought them Federal relief and the ability to screw over bondholders for a long long time now, and will still work for them. In the 19th Century over two thirds of capital invested in the U.S. came from European investors. I've always been amazed at how they would just keep coming back no matter how many times they got swindled by crooked state govts here, especially on railroads and land scams.

Yeah but it is difficult to wiggle when the people who got screwed start suing the crap out of you and seek criminal charges as well.

In a blue state, with a lib judge? Fat chance.

True but the non-insane will wait until they are residents of a red state and sue in federal court.

Would they have standing if they ain't a blue state citizen any more? Would they really bother, I'm not seeing the chances of winning such a case as being that good. I mean, can you win if you sue a state for raising taxes or writing onerous regulations? Blue state policies may suck but if they are passed by their legislation and signed by their governor, then what's your case?
Trying to tax non-residents for leaving (Actually proposed in CA) raising non-resident taxes for interstate telecommuters (In effect in NYC) dubiously constitutional laws within the Blue wall are unbounded .

They already rob people who move out blind; go to their tax form site and check out the in -state forms then the 'X' form for those who have left during the year; they tax you on the entire income report on your Federal tax return, including the income you made in your new state, and allow no deductions, whether you lived in one month in Cali or 11 before you moved out. You also can't use the line on your Fed return for after adjustments like moving expenses or other itemized deductions, either; they've already won those case in Federal courts already, so no need to worry about winning any such cases against them, that's old news and the state won. That happens when you have huge Congressional delegation and everybody needs your Congressional votes for their own pork barrel stuff. This is a big reason they're desperate to keep criminal illegal aliens in the state; they are losing a big chunk of their work forces to Oregon and other states, especially now, and are facing a drastic loss in Congressional seats if the illegals leave, so they need 'amnesty' big time, and since they currently still have so many seats, the other pols will pander to them; it's a Catch-22 for the rest of us who want genuine Federal reforms. We have no pols who will risk Cali's delegation voting against their pet pork.
True. the only disagreement I have with your position is that the Hepatitis epidemic can lead to CDC lawsuits

With the Michigan-Illinois I think it was recapitalized three times. The Ohio Erie canal with 27 aqueducts was shut down at the start of the Civil War. Could you have confused the States with the lake Michigan and Illinois river canal I don't think anyone was crazy enough to lend money to the Springfield gang.

Forum List

Back