Nebraska to join Big Ten

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Wow. big shakeup and there will be many more to come. I'm still trying to wrrap my head around it all really. It's gunna be weird for a while.

Nebraska Cornhuskers accept offer to join Big Ten - ESPN

Osborne, the longtime football coach, agreed.

"As we read the tea leaves and listened to the conversations, some of the schools that were urging us to stay, we found some of them had talked to not only one other conference or two but even three, and those were the same ones urging us to stay," he said.

To generations of Nebraska fans, going to the Big Ten at one time would have been unthinkable. The school's athletic tradition is built on more than a century of football games against the likes of Missouri and Kansas, dating to the days the team was known as the Bugeaters.

The Huskers, in fact, have been conference partners with Iowa State, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma and Kansas State since 1928; with Colorado since 1948 and with Oklahoma State since 1960.

Now the Huskers are taking their five national titles in football and three Heisman trophies east. They will look to start building new traditions, like a border rivalry with the Iowa Hawkeyes and regular trips to Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State.

Hmmm

What next?

Forum List

Back