Nebraska Governor to Senator Nelson: Give Your Bribe Back to Harry Reid

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic

Tip: Gateway Pundit

Nebraska Dave Heineman told Democratic Senator Ben Nelson to give Majority Leader Harry Reid back his $100 million bribe. Reid slipped the bribe in the Obamacare bill to buy Nelson’s vote.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lYHUwx1hpc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Governor Heineman: We’ve already made it clear Greta, we want all of these special deals removed. In fact this afternoon our other United States Senator, Senator Mike Johanns introduced an amendment to strip all the special interest deals from this bill and the democrats objected. That is really unfortunate. All these specials deals should be removed from the bill.

Greta Van Susteren: Now you talk about all of these special deals… What about to your state alone? Are you willing to say we don’t want the $100 million in our state Nebraska?
Governor Heineman: Absolutely. Nebraska doesn’t want a special deal. We only want a fair deal. We’re embarassed by what’s going on. We’re very surprised. Nebraskans are angry and upset about what occurred. And so they need to set this straight. I’ve also asked Senator Nelson and I’m going to repeat it again tonight. He has a chance tomorrow to vote no on cloture. That would be the best thing for Nebraska. The best thing for America. Send this bill back to committee. Go home for Christmas and think about it and get it right.

Nebraska Dave Heineman told Democratic Senator Ben Nelson to give Majority Leader Harry Reid back his $100 million bribe. Reid slipped the bribe in the Obamacare bill to buy Nelson’s vote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lYHUwx1hpc&feature=player_embedded

Governor Heineman: We’ve already made it clear Greta, we want all of these special deals removed. In fact this afternoon our other United States Senator, Senator Mike Johanns introduced an amendment to strip all the special interest deals from this bill and the democrats objected. That is really unfortunate. All these specials deals should be removed from the bill.

Greta Van Susteren: Now you talk about all of these special deals… What about to your state alone? Are you willing to say we don’t want the $100 million in our state Nebraska?
Governor Heineman: Absolutely. Nebraska doesn’t want a special deal. We only want a fair deal. We’re embarassed by what’s going on. We’re very surprised. Nebraskans are angry and upset about what occurred. And so they need to set this straight. I’ve also asked Senator Nelson and I’m going to repeat it again tonight. He has a chance tomorrow to vote no on cloture. That would be the best thing for Nebraska. The best thing for America. Send this bill back to committee. Go home for Christmas and think about it and get it right.

Couldn't agree more. They need to scrap this clusterfuck and go back to square one. Fix the problems with healthcare not create another giant Govt entitlement. Jeeze.

I am pretty sure this crap is unconstitutional via article 1 section 8 which states:

The Constitution of the United States said:
The Congress shall have power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
I really don't see any way to misinterpret that.

It's not uniform is it doesn't apply to ALL states.

Couldn't agree more. They need to scrap this clusterfuck and go back to square one. Fix the problems with healthcare not create another giant Govt entitlement. Jeeze.

FYI one of the Republican senators tried to introduce an amendment to have all the carve outs removed from the bill and the demons voted them down totally.. now I know why the DUmb is in DUmmies! :lol::lol:

I am pretty sure this crap is unconstitutional via article 1 section 8 which states:

The Congress shall have power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Already posted that by the way.

Already posted that by the way.
Somewhere on the board, I am sure you have. Good going.

I'm hoping the whole darned Health Care Reform Bill will be judged to be unConsitituional. I've never heard of the government being able to mandate that you buy anything, especially health insurance. Our government isn't in the insurance sales business. I'm sure they will pass this soup sandwich but when they do, I hope the Supreme Court laughs them right out of Washington.

When CBS covers, you know the bribes are blatant:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suPkDOJwqpI&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Here's what I want to see happen. Before the vote or after (since we can make law that criminalizes past behavior) if Ben Nelson votes for this, the governor will formerly charge him with Bribery and have him arrested (extradited from DC to Nebraska if necessary) to face justice. Oh, and charge Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi too as they are the ones bribing Nelson.

This is such an obvious crime, it just needs to be done. I don't give a crap if another democrat is put in his place, and just imagine if P-BO pardon's Nelson if this did occur! That's a shitstorm even the press can't cover IMHO.

Maybe we can get Bobby Jindal to do that to Mary Landrieu as well?

Last edited:
what a moronic idea it is calling legislative deals, bribery. Bribery is what American conservative Duke Cunningham was about.
:cuckoo:
lol
In other words, it's okay with you because

"Mom, the other kids did it too!"

Very infantile --and that defensive deflection has never worked, even on Mom!:lol::lol::lol:

Well done governor. Let us hope more governors follow his example...

The Governor can't do anything about this unfortunately, this lands in the lap of the Federal Prosecutor's Office, and we all know they wont go for it.

Honestly the best chance we have it getting these asswads out of office and fast to limit the damage they can do.

We have a big chance to do that in 2010. There are some Senators that need to be taken out like here in Nevada, Harry Reid.We have a great candidate running here, Mark Amodei. His website is Mark Amodei for United States Senate

In California Boxer is up for re-election and her opponent knows a thing or two about the economy. Carly Fiorina former CEO of HP and Executive Vice President of AT&T. Carly for California | CarlyforCalifornia.com

We also can take out Nancy Pelosi and Congresswoman Dina Titus from here in Nevada, I don't know whos running against them, when I find out I will post it but a trained monkey could do a better job then those two idiots.

Remember you don't have to live in their state or district to donate money to their campaigns. :)

The Governor can't do anything about this unfortunately, this lands in the lap of the Federal Prosecutor's Office, and we all know they wont go for it.

Nelson still represents Nebraska. Still a public official. Still a bribe. I'm sure they can figure out some legal wrangling to demand his arrest if he does. Of course, Harry Reid could then charge Nelson with fraud if he doesn't do what he was paid to.

What a crappy place to be.

I'm hoping the whole darned Health Care Reform Bill will be judged to be unConsitituional. I've never heard of the government being able to mandate that you buy anything, especially health insurance. Our government isn't in the insurance sales business. I'm sure they will pass this soup sandwich but when they do, I hope the Supreme Court laughs them right out of Washington.

I take it that you neither own a car nor drive one.

I take it that you neither own a car nor drive one.

Poor example

1) The US constitution shows it to be a state issue

Tenth Amendment
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

2) Car insurance is not mandatory that all buy

Papa Obama's proposal to force everybody to buy politically controlled insurance is not like the requirement to buy auto insurance for public highways. Under his proposal, there is no escape and no exception. If you don't buy insurance that politicians and their appointed bureaucrats approve for you, you face hefty fines. If you want to self-insure, or if you don't like the politically-approved insurance, that's tough. You will be forced to buy it - if not fines and jail

I know the left wants it to be so because Papa Obama used it
But he is wrong
:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back