Nebraska city holds controversial immigration vote

"And....if it IS racial profiling so be it. Those who have nothing to fear because they were either born here or came in through the front door need not worry or be fearful"

Yeah they should be perfectly ok with being harassed because of the color of their skin.

Shouldn't you wait until there is evidence of racial profiling before you start declaring harrassment? Most illegals in this country do happen to be a certain ethnicity, so if asking for legal documentation such as a drivers license is harassment then so be it. I would prefer to be a little bit inconvenienced than to have my tax dollars paying for everything from their healthcare to their education. I'm guessing you don't live in a border state.

I just saw a piece on a news site. The funny part of the bit was how the news commentator said that other cities who had similar ordinance, had to spend millions of dollars to defend itself in court. The way she said it appeared as a sort of threat (If you pass it, i'll make sure you pay through lawsuits / appeals process).

In Arizona alone, they are filing lawsuits at the immigration bill.

Seriously, we have people who come from many parts of the World who went through the legal process to come to our country. Why can't the people who enter here illegally or overstayed their Visa just follow the rules set forth by law (which other countries in the world have in their rules and regulation)? It's like these people against immigration rules feel like you should be rewarded for breaking them. Do they give a quarter to their kids whenever they cut in line.

The ACLU is nothing but a bunch of criminals.

I just saw a piece on a news site. The funny part of the bit was how the news commentator said that other cities who had similar ordinance, had to spend millions of dollars to defend itself in court. The way she said it appeared as a sort of threat (If you pass it, i'll make sure you pay through lawsuits / appeals process).

In Arizona alone, they are filing lawsuits at the immigration bill.

Seriously, we have people who come from many parts of the World who went through the legal process to come to our country. Why can't the people who enter here illegally or overstayed their Visa just follow the rules set forth by law (which other countries in the world have in their rules and regulation)? It's like these people against immigration rules feel like you should be rewarded for breaking them. Do they give a quarter to their kids whenever they cut in line.

The ACLU is nothing but a bunch of criminals.

And what makes you say that?

The ban on renting to illegals is a violation of the Fair Housing Act. You may remember that Hazleton, PA tried to enact an nearly identical renting ban a few years back. It was struck down by a federal court. This Nebraska ban will share the same fate. The ban on hiring illegals may stand up over the long haul but this ban on renting will end up on the chopping block. It has no chance. None. Nada.

A city in the US state of Nebraska is to vote on whether to ban local businesses and landlords from hiring or renting to illegal immigrants.

I don't get this.

Isn't this already the federal law? An employer must have all of their employee's documentations on file. They would be in violation if they do not have the documentation.

So, I don't know why a city needs to do anything.

A city in the US state of Nebraska is to vote on whether to ban local businesses and landlords from hiring or renting to illegal immigrants.

I don't get this.

Isn't this already the federal law? An employer must have all of their employee's documentations on file. They would be in violation if they do not have the documentation.

So, I don't know why a city needs to do anything.

Because the federal government isn't enforcing their laws.

Forum List

Back