neat analogy

S

SmarterThanYou

Democracy is two wolves & 1 sheep voting on what's for dinner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Constitutional Republic: Voting on dinner is expressly forbidden, and the sheep are armed.

SmarterThanYou said:
Democracy is two wolves & 1 sheep voting on what's for dinner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Constitutional Republic: Voting on dinner is expressly forbidden, and the sheep are armed.
What kind of govt is it called when 1 sheep can tell 100 wolves to fuck off?

SmarterThanYou said:

The impression that I'm getting is that you would like a form of govt that is SO polar that it is non functional and personal freedom is the order of the day.

dilloduck said:
The impression that I'm getting is that you would like a form of govt that is SO polar that it is non functional and personal freedom is the order of the day.
not what i'm trying to put out there.

gop_jeff said:
I still don't understand what the no voting, sheep are armed thing means... sorry. I have heard the democracy analogy though! :D
"Constitutional rights may not be infringed simply because the majority of the people choose that they be." -U.S. Supreme Court in Westbrook v. Mihaly 2 C3d 756

part of those constitutional rights are representation. Whats gone on the last 16 years has been nothing short of ignoring the rights of the minority. It's what sets off civil wars.

dilloduck said:
just a constant defender of the under dog types are ya ?
nobodies rights should be ignored just because they are in the minority.

SmarterThanYou said:
nobodies rights should be ignored just because they are in the minority.

I think what keeps things in check is that everyone is one vote away from being a minority and they know that paybacks can be a bitch.

SmarterThanYou said:
"Constitutional rights may not be infringed simply because the majority of the people choose that they be." -U.S. Supreme Court in Westbrook v. Mihaly 2 C3d 756

part of those constitutional rights are representation. Whats gone on the last 16 years has been nothing short of ignoring the rights of the minority. It's what sets off civil wars.

Exactly which Constitutional rights of the minorty have been ignored?

A simple bullet point list of the top five would suffice.

manu1959 said:

I'd even settle for a description of who this mistreated minority is!

manu1959 said:

every time an amendment is summarily voted down along party lines with no compromise or 'give and take', every time the party in power pushes through it's agenda with no thought to the minority, thats when the minority rights are ignored. To claim that the minority still has representation when the majority does everything their way is the purest form of tyranny.

dilloduck said:
I'd even settle for a description of who this mistreated minority is!
in certain cases, I am. theres your description.

SmarterThanYou said:
every time an amendment is summarily voted down along party lines with no compromise or 'give and take', every time the party in power pushes through it's agenda with no thought to the minority, thats when the minority rights are ignored. To claim that the minority still has representation when the majority does everything their way is the purest form of tyranny.

While I understand your frustration (I live in WA, run entirely by the Democrats), I disagree with your conclusion. The fact is that every American is represented in the House of Representatives and the Senate (twice). And if the majority party has more seats, then the minority party better figure out how to get elected.

Forum List

Back