Nearly One Million Children in U.S. Potentially Misdiagnosed With ADHD, Study Finds

ADHD is the biggest non disease ever invented by so called mental health professionals.

Fix everything with a pill.

Keep big pharma's profits up.

Yes parenting is hard but it is the way to go.

Generally the most difficult path is the most correct one.

If you want to solve ADHD in your child, turn the f'ing video games off, and limit their television use.
My friends brother supposedly has ADHD, but his parents don't do anything, and he plays video games all day. He is thirteen and 200lb, and at night he takes six behavioral meds, three at 630 and three at 830. All the kid needs is his parents to act like parents, and maybe boot camp.

This same kid pushed his teacher down, but since he was in a "special" class he was only suspended. His parents only punishment, was he couldn't play games or go on the computer during school hours. If I had done that, I would have been put in a convent or something, after my mom kicked my ass. The kid is genius, so he knows how to play the system.

I remember when my kids were three my son (the submissive twin) was shy and reticent, had a moderate tactile sensitivity that was responding well to behavioral therapy and slightly but not overly behind in "some" motor skills. He was seen regualrly by his ped (he's also asthmatic, another thing he's pretty much grown out of) and by the therapist I was working with, both of whom said there was absolutely nothing wrong with him.

But the kids' daycare started hounding me about having him tested for autism of all things. They even went so far as to call social services to complain. Needless to say, I switched providers ASAP. And he's perfectly fine, outgoing and normal at this age with only an occasional problem with things like tags in his shirts bugging him. But it makes me wonder, how many parents would have given in and allowed somebody to mislablel their child out of ignorance, fear or convenience?

Last edited:
Too many parents expect the world to raise their child for them.
And then blame the world for their own failure.
and this is not a partisan thing.

No it isn't!

My son is a very active two and half year old, and I don't expect anyone to raise him but me. If I take him somewhere, I am with him the whole time. I for one don't trust him. :lol:
I do think help is good, but to a point, and I mean family help. His dad isn't around, so my dad has stepped into the role of father, and my mother is mom when I am at work.

I recently watched a show on parents of adha children.. The majority were overweight single woman with a male child...and several independently said the best part of the diagnoses was not the changes the drugs made...but the knowledge ..it was not their fault

fix everything with a pill.

Keep big pharma's profits up.

fyi: Methylphenidate (generic for ritalin) is inexpensive. No one is making a profit on that med.

what a load of bullshit that is ...of course there is profit in the drug, not to mention all the useless programs and benefits through insurance available with a diagnoses ..how can you say there is no profit in this scam ???...lol

Parents and Teachers who want the students tested for ADHD, or ADD, can be lazy. Why?

They aren't willing to work with various behavior modification plans, and like Luissa said, want the T.V, Computer, and Video Games to take over for them, instead of spending time with them or taking them on bike rides, to the park, play ball, etc.
The teachers want them to fit in the same "box" to be like robots in the classroom, instead of using strategies to keep them focused and engaged in the classroom.

And yes, more boys by far are diagnosed than girls for ADD and ADHD.

adhd diagnosis also fucks up a lot of kids b/c adhd is a cop out and they don't get treatment for real issues they have.

It is interesting that ever since adhd came around, the number of kids with the serious issue of FAS (from mom's who drink during pregnancy) has magically gone down...... Either mom's aren't drinking while pregnant anymore or kids are being misdiagnosed. which do you think it is?

My friends brother supposedly has ADHD, but his parents don't do anything, and he plays video games all day. He is thirteen and 200lb, and at night he takes six behavioral meds, three at 630 and three at 830. All the kid needs is his parents to act like parents, and maybe boot camp.

:eek::eek::eek: Six meds?!

Where is the attention deficit if he can play a video game for hours on end? We're effing up our kids with drugs (primarily speed), and few seem to even give it a second thought.

Last edited:
You can solve a lot of your problems with a healthy diet filled with fresh foods and less processed foods.

After all, you are what you eat.

Forum List

Back