Nearly all members of National Park Service advisory panel resign in frustration

Nearly all members of National Park Service advisory panel resign in frustration

A bit interesting, this. It seems conservation of our natural Parks is not a big priority.

I guess..these aren't right types of Conservatives in power..Lol!

"Three-quarters of the members of a federally chartered board advising the National Park Service abruptly quit Monday night out of frustration that Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke had refused to meet with them or convene a single meeting last year.

The resignation of nine out of 12 National Park System Advisory Board members leaves the federal government without a functioning body to designate national historic or natural landmarks. It also underscores the extent to which federal advisory bodies have become marginalized under the Trump administration. In May 2017, Zinke suspended all outside committees while his staff reviewed their composition and work.

In a letter to the secretary, departing board chairman Tony Knowles, a former Alaska governor, wrote that he and eight other members “have stood by waiting for the chance to meet and continue the partnership . . . as prescribed by law.” All of the signatories had terms set to expire in May.

“We understand the complexity of transition but our requests to engage have been ignored and the matters on which we wanted to brief the new Department team are clearly not part of its agenda,” Knowles wrote. “I wish the National Park System and Service well and will always be dedicated to their success.”

In an email earlier this month inquiring about the status of the more than 200 boards that had come under review, Interior spokeswoman Heather Swift said, “Boards have restarted.” She did not provide any further details and did not respond to an inquiry Tuesday."

Good. The last thing we need is more national parks or monuments.

If Trump is out of the loop what is the purpose of this thread?

The hilarious thing with leftism is your lies always come back to bite you in the ass, and we love watching you do it.
The hilarious thing with the alt/right is their continued willful blindness to those who oppose them. For example...I'm not a Lefty, by any means.

And Trump, AFAIK, had nothing to do with this mass resignation..Zinke, the Interior Sec. would be the guy for that. It seems that you think that unless Trump is involved, there is no point to the thread?
What an odd point of view.
You're not a lefty!?
You are a lousy liar, that is for sure.
Bad bet..that's the Trump base...Trailer park trash and redneck inbreeds.
You continue to be, as adverted, an idiot. You just cannot comprehend that someone can be issue driven---and not adhere to either the Left or the Right. It's amusing that I'll post on the 2nd amendment or immigration..and all of a sudden I'm a Righty, according to the Lefty knee-jerks on the site.
That quote? You really think that makes me a LIb??

Or...could it be that I despise the alt/right and Trump? Without being a lib? Is it possible? Not in your world..but in the RW--yeah..people can defy labeling.

The language you use when you disparage the trump supporters shows you to be a left wing hack. Just sayin...
In your opinion..which is worth what again? I'm sorry if someone with a nuanced point of view...has you troubled as to what category you put me in..1 of 2, right?
I guess in the lexicon of the far right..you can call me a cuck..not a RINO..as I've left the party. But left-wing? Nah...not in any sane universe. Now..here..on this site---I can see someone getting that idea---since many here call Jeff Flake a 'left-wing hack'--when Trump is Left of Flake--in many ways. If I'm anything..it's a political pragmatist--fond of compromise and distrustful of ANY ideological imperative.

So, whatever--I maintain..that Moderates are not traitors..and that ideological extremists on either side are a far greater existential threat to The United States than Islamic terrorism will ever be.

Plus....the tin-foil hat crowd is pure comedy gold.

iu

Where is Trump left of Flake?

Forum List

Back