Nearly 9 Million Signed Up for Obamacare Despite Trump's War Against It.

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Nearly 9 Million Signed Up for Obamacare Despite Trump's War Against It. Here's Why

Obamacare enrollment through federal websites reached 8.8 million this year, the Trump administration said on Thursday, just shy of the number who signed up in 2016 when the enrollment period was twice as long.

This year’s strong enrollment came despite a GOP-led effort to repeal or gut the program including slashing advertising by 90%. Senior officials at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) barely acknowledged even the shortened open enrollment period, which ran from Nov. 1-Dec.15 in most states.
------------------------------------

I liked this comment:
I confess to being very surprised that ACA marketplace enrollment is down only slightly. That didn't seem possible with a 90% reduction in outreach, an enrollment period cut in half, and a constant refrain that the program is dead.

-------------

That 9 million are just those who signed up with the government exchange. Doesn't include all those who signed up on the states exchange.
All those people despite cutting enrollment time in half and slashing advertisement by 90%.

Gee, I wonder who all those millions will vote for? Don't you?

• Banned
Why do USMB Republicans think they don't need healthcare?

Why do USMB Republicans think they don't need healthcare?

Maybe because they have healthcare?
7.3 million of the 8.8 million consumers signed up so far for next year come from states Trump won in the 2016 presidential election. The four states with the highest number of sign-ups — Florida, Texas, North Carolina and Georgia, accounting for nearly 3.9 million customers — were all Trump states.

Forum List

Back