Nearly 3/4 of Million Manufacturing Jobs Lost to China Since 2008!!!

good list but don't forget our budgets deficits. If we had Newt's Balanced Budget Amendment the Chinese and Japanese would have had to buy our goods and services because there would have been no deficits to buy with their Walmart dollars.

bullshit!
of course if it was BS you would not be so afraid to say why? What does your fear tell you about the IQ and character of a liberal???

Why? It is obvious to anyone who can think.
There is no connection between a balanced budget ammendment and WalMart.

Tell me why did the republican controlled congress do away with Paygo?

Here is the connection. It causes fiscal instability. Fiscal instability leads to drastic government moves to plug the holes. Higher taxes on businesses (income, corporate, sales, property) and inflation via printing more money (which causes everything that business buys much more expensive).

There is a cause, but the other items I listed are more of the cause.

(2) Unions:
Unions strong arm employers, force them into HORRENDOUS agreements, allow for ZERO flexibility in down economic times, force unsustainable pension plans down their throats and cry about everything when more is expected from them. Private unions have a place, but their power should be much much less than it is. The power of the corrupt Unions drives entire industries over seasons.

You DO realize that your source EPI was funded at it's start by eight labor unions and that the founders were prominent labor economists (including two Secretaries of Labor)with strong union leanings? EPI identifies currency manipulation as the main factor in the job loss, so where are you getting all the other stuff about regulation, taxes,
and so forth?

The USA is still the worlds largest manufacturer of goods in the entire world. Although, China will soon overtake us for that title (or maybe they finally did this year). That's not really a surprise though, since China has well over a billion in population vs the USA's 300 million it is expected that they have not only a larger manufacturing base (people), but also a larger consumer base (people). To really put things in focus, think about the fact that they have 4 times our population and yet we still manufacture more goods than they do.

Might be true, but the manufacturing (industrial sector) only makes up 19.6%! Lowest of the 12 largest GDP countries. Lower than even the UK and France. The is horrendous and a GINORMOUS problem. And service makes up 80%!!! Highest of any of these nations. That is horrendous also!!!

Country Industry, Country Industries, Country Sector, Country Sectors | Economy Watch

Country Industry (%)
Brazil 28.5
Canada 28.4
China 49.2
France 20.3
Germany 30.1
India 29.1
Italy 26.7
Japan 26.4
Russia 41.1
US 19.6
UK 22.8

(2) Unions:
Unions strong arm employers, force them into HORRENDOUS agreements, allow for ZERO flexibility in down economic times, force unsustainable pension plans down their throats and cry about everything when more is expected from them. Private unions have a place, but their power should be much much less than it is. The power of the corrupt Unions drives entire industries over seasons.

You DO realize that your source EPI was funded at it's start by eight labor unions and that the founders were prominent labor economists (including two Secretaries of Labor)with strong union leanings? EPI identifies currency manipulation as the main factor in the job loss, so where are you getting all the other stuff about regulation, taxes,
and so forth?

I work for a large corporation in the legal department. I see the costs and difficult to do business because of them. But it's common knowledge that the ginormous amount of over-regulation puts us at a HUGE disadvantage in the global economy. We need smart regulation not more regulations.

Higher taxes lead to a less attractive place to maintain operations in, that is common sense!

of course if it was BS you would not be so afraid to say why? What does your fear tell you about the IQ and character of a liberal???

Here is the connection. It causes fiscal instability. Fiscal instability leads to drastic government moves to plug the holes. Higher taxes on businesses (income, corporate, sales, property) and inflation via printing more money (which causes everything that business buys much more expensive).

Again it is not WalMart but the multiple corporations importing stuff from China to sell here.
Go in virtually any retailer and see where the bulk of their products for sale are manufactured.
But more than that it is the people like you and I buying Chinese stuff instead of American made stuff thus forcing manufacturing jobs from the USA to China.
Had we not started buying Chinese stuff and remained loyal to US made stuff....

(2) Unions:

and so forth?

I work for a large corporation in the legal department. I see the costs and difficult to do business because of them. But it's common knowledge that the ginormous amount of over-regulation puts us at a HUGE disadvantage in the global economy. We need smart regulation not more regulations.

Higher taxes lead to a less attractive place to maintain operations in, that is common sense!

Under regualtion leads to a less attractive/safe place to live and work in.

Again it is not WalMart but the multiple corporations importing stuff from China to sell here.
Go in virtually any retailer and see where the bulk of their products for sale are manufactured.
But more than that it is the people like you and I buying Chinese stuff instead of American made stuff thus forcing manufacturing jobs from the USA to China.
Had we not started buying Chinese stuff and remained loyal to US made stuff....

When did I point only to Walmart? :confused:

Loyalty had little to do with it. The consumer is not to blame. In the end they/we had little choice! Blame is on the environment that made off-shoring the only way to go!

No matter who the President is, things won't get better if they don't increase the workforce share in the industrial/manufacturing sector! Look at China they are 50%, Russia is 40% and Brazil and India and Canada are close to 30% and Germany is over 30%!!! These are considered some of the most success economies in the world (BRIC - Brazil, Russia, India, China). Anything less than 30% in the industrial sector is tragic. It should be closer to 40%!!!

and so forth?

Under regualtion leads to a less attractive/safe place to live and work in.

So naive! That is always the liberal comeback and it's untrue. Many times overregulation doesn't have near the outcome one would want. Simplify the code, create SMART regulation and then the outcome will be much better. First, people who scream for State rights all the time down deal with mulitstate corps that have to please all 50 state, plus DC and the Fed, it creates more issues than what it's worth. The interstate commerce clause and dormant commerce clause are in the constitution for a reason! Second, 1000s (or even 100s) page laws do NOTHING for anyone. The constitution was the best law every written and it was very condensed. What was it 18-20 pages? Make the <20 pages the norm. Make up 50 pages for ONLY a good reason (requiring 30 days unmolested viewing by the public and Congress before a vote on it)! And automatically reject all statutes over 50 pages. If it needs to be over 50 pages, them it should separate laws.

I bet you think the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform Act is going to protect you. I have been working on it. It's going to do little if any to prevent another meltdown! It will created a ton of extra costs throughout the financial sector which will lead to less money to lend, less jobs and even off-shoring!

The USA is still the worlds largest manufacturer of goods in the entire world. Although, China will soon overtake us for that title (or maybe they finally did this year). That's not really a surprise though, since China has well over a billion in population vs the USA's 300 million it is expected that they have not only a larger manufacturing base (people), but also a larger consumer base (people). To really put things in focus, think about the fact that they have 4 times our population and yet we still manufacture more goods than they do.

Might be true, but the manufacturing (industrial sector) only makes up 19.6%! Lowest of the 12 largest GDP countries. Lower than even the UK and France. The is horrendous and a GINORMOUS problem. And service makes up 80%!!! Highest of any of these nations. That is horrendous also!!!

Country Industry, Country Industries, Country Sector, Country Sectors | Economy Watch

Country Industry (%)
Brazil 28.5
Canada 28.4
China 49.2
France 20.3
Germany 30.1
India 29.1
Italy 26.7
Japan 26.4
Russia 41.1
US 19.6
UK 22.8
You tell me,
would you rather have your children working in a manufacturing plant making say.... computer motherboards?, or would you rather have your children working in a service job like say..... medical profession?
I'm not sure why you seem to think the manufacturing industry is better employment than the service industry. Do you know any politicians that want their children to "get a good manufacturing job" operating a machine in a factory that makes textiles? Or are those just "good jobs" for other people?

do you have any idea what your subject is????????????????????
A liberal will always try to change the subject rather than face his ignorance and then learn! Ignorance is the very essence of liberalism

Thread title, "Nearly 3/4 of Million Manufacturing Jobs Lost to China Since 2008!!! "

My post addressed manufacturing jobs as they related to the thread title.
What part did you not understand?

do you have any idea what your subject is????????????????????
A liberal will always try to change the subject rather than face his ignorance and then learn! Ignorance is the very essence of liberalism

Thread title, "Nearly 3/4 of Million Manufacturing Jobs Lost to China Since 2008!!! "

My post addressed manufacturing jobs as they related to the thread title.
What part did you not understand?

I did not understand what your point was. Can you say what your point was??

Forum List

Back