Near to Death Experiences...

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I recall, as a young man taking this beautiful young women up the coast of California. This was our third date and I honestly had my fingers crossed on the outcome. :rolleyes:

We stopped at this market along the way for some drinks and munchies. We went and got the supplies and sat down at this picnic bench along a stream, that also had a panoramic view of the ocean. So, we talked some, drank some and ate some.

After a while I decided I go check out the creek, while she cautioned to be careful. At that, I was emboldened to be a typical male show-off and therefore stupid. I started jumping from rock to rock until suddenly, of course, I fell. I was just flaying around and ended up sliding down the creek, over the edge, ended up just catching hold of a root at the last second. There I was, just dangling, with a 40 foot drop to the rocks and the shore below, amids screams of my lady calling for help.

I eventually found a foot hold and climbed back up. I was soaked embarrassed and ego deflated. As I got back to the creek shore and my beautiful young lady, we both just burst into laughter.

That was one of my near death experiences..... you got any?

Oh come on... do you people really lead such boring lives...?

I tried swimming to a waterfall in the Smokeys, got tired, and went under. I knew I was a gonner. Said a prayer, saw the white light, felt my life pass before me too. It was actually very warm and soothing.

My foot landed on a rock and I could just hold my head up enough to catch my breath and rest. Swam to shore, puked, then started crying like a lil' ol' baby.

The End.

:D

It was 30th birthday and as a b-day present to myself, I decided to go skydiving.
I spent 6 hours in the accelerated free-fall class so that I could jump from 12,000 feet, experience a free-fall and not do via a tandem jump.
We boarded the plane, rose to 12,000 feet and I jumped.
My parachute failed to completely open. It did come out of the pack, but since it didn't actually open it only slowed my descent enough to keep me from reaching terminal velocity.
As I hurtled towards the ground (and imminent death), good fortune smiled upon me. Another plane that had just taken off with the next load of skydivers intersected with my descent when I was merely 200 feet from the ground.
My unopened chute became entangled in the planes rudder. This halted my rapid falling towards immediate death. It also caused the pilot of the plane to lose some control, as he was now dragging my terrified self from the rudder of his plane. The plane dropped in altitude as the pilot tried to gain control. At about 50 feet above the ground, my chute gave way and I broke loose from the rudder of the plane. I was now falling without the chute attached to me. For about 20 feet anyway.
I crashed into a tree which kept me from impacting the solid earth and breaking every bone in my body. However as I fell through the branches of the tree I managed to hit quite a few of them on the way down and still suffer numerous cuts, abrasions and some broken bones. As I careened off the last branch of the tree, fortune smiled upon me again and I splash landed into the lake at the base of the tree.
The weight of my jumpsuit and parachute pack caused me to sink quite rapidly, and my broken arms were of no use to attempt to swim to the surface of the lake. Eventually I could hold my breath no longer, and as i started to drown I passed out. I can't remember the rest of what happened, so I rely upon the people that told it to me.
A hunter that had seen me fall from the second plane and had rushed over to see if he could help me saw an alligator drag me out of the lake and begin to start eating me. He shot and killed the alligator, then began CPR on my lifeless body until the paramedics arrived.

Now that's a near death experience.

It was 30th birthday and as a b-day present to myself, I decided to go skydiving.
I spent 6 hours in the accelerated free-fall class so that I could jump from 12,000 feet, experience a free-fall and not do via a tandem jump.
My parachute failed to completely open. It did come out of the pack, but since it didn't actually open it only slowed my descent enough to keep me from reaching terminal velocity.
As I hurtled towards the ground (and imminent death), good fortune smiled upon me. Another plane that had just taken off with the next load of skydivers intersected with my descent when I was merely 200 feet from the ground.
My unopened chute became entangled in the planes rudder. This halted my rapid falling towards immediate death. It also caused the pilot of the plane to lose some control, as he was now dragging my terrified self from the rudder of his plane. The plane dropped in altitude as the pilot tried to gain control. At about 50 feet above the ground, my chute gave way and I broke loose from the rudder of the plane. I was now falling without the chute attached to me. For about 20 feet anyway.
I crashed into a tree which kept me from impacting the solid earth and breaking every bone in my body. However as I fell through the branches of the tree I managed to hit quite a few of them on the way down and still suffer numerous cuts, abrasions and some broken bones. As I careened off the last branch of the tree, fortune smiled upon me again and I splash landed into the lake at the base of the tree.
The weight of my jumpsuit and parachute pack caused me to sink quite rapidly, and my broken arms were of no use to attempt to swim to the surface of the lake. Eventually I could hold my breath no longer, and as i started to drown I passed out. I can't remember the rest of what happened, so I rely upon the people that told it to me.
A hunter that had seen me fall from the second plane and had rushed over to see if he could help me saw an alligator drag me out of the lake and begin to start eating me. He shot and killed the alligator, then began CPR on my lifeless body until the paramedics arrived.

Damn, makes dangling over cliff pretty tame...:eusa_eh:

But did you go through the tunnel, see the bright light and all that? :eusa_think:

15 (yes) mother made me drive her car (69 caddy) to the store. I told her I didn't have a license she still insisted to go because I knew how to drive. Anyway. We lived on a T shaped street of about 25 houses on each side, ending with houses at the top of that "T" behind those houses swamp with gators. As I turned to just enter our street the car wouldn't go, it was sputtering, like if the spark plugs were missing. I gave it more gas, nothing, then I floored the gas. At that point the car took off and wouldn't stop. I did everything except what I should have done which was to put the car in neutral and turn the key off.

I was in major panic mode, I was coming to the end of the street and out of options. I put both feet on the break, hit the emergency break, threw it in park, and tried to take the turn. I was half way into that turn when the car popped in reverse, I went backwards into the house that was in-front of that swamp.

Thank goodness nobody was home but the car was all the way in the house when it came to a stop. Beams hanging down, and the back wheels were lifted off the ground, white fumed smoke everywhere. My door wouldn't open, but the window was open. I got out and as I was leaving I noticed blood every where. I saw my mother and another man running towards me. My mom said GO HOME. (gee thanks mommy dearest)

The cops showed up to my house and my mother had told them that she was driving and they wanted to see how I was. I had a cut on a vein that is why all the blood but it had stopped by this time. Later the investigation revealed that on impact I was doing 83.6 mph. The motor mount broke, the engine was leaning, this is why the accelerator got stuck.

Do I believe in God? You bet your sweet bippie I do

Last edited:
15 (yes) mother made me drive her car (69 caddy) to the store. I told her I didn't have a license she still insisted to go because I knew how to drive. Anyway. We lived on a T shaped street of about 25 houses on each side, ending with houses at the top of that "T" behind those houses swamp with gators. As I turned to just enter our street the car wouldn't go, it was sputtering, like if the spark plugs were missing. I gave it more gas, nothing, then I floored the gas. At that point the car took off and wouldn't stop. I did everything except what I should have done which was to put the car in neutral and turn the key off.

I was in major panic mode, I was coming to the end of the street and out of options. I put both feet on the break, hit the emergency break, threw it in park, and tried to take the turn. I was half way into that turn when the car popped in reverse, I went backwards into the house that was in-front of that swamp.

Thank goodness nobody was home but the car was all the way in the house when it came to a stop. Beams hanging down, and the back wheels were lifted off the ground, white fumed smoke everywhere. My door wouldn't open, but the window was open. I got out and as I was leaving I noticed blood every where. I saw my mother and another man running towards me. My mom said GO HOME. (gee thanks mommy dearest)

The cops showed up to my house and my mother had told them that she was driving and they wanted to see how I was. I had a cut on a vein that is why all the blood but it had stopped by this time. Later the investigation revealed that on impact I was doing 83.6 mph. The motor mount broke, the engine was leaning, this is why the accelerator got stuck.

Wow. I believe as well only I feel angels around me. I've always been looking for concrete evidence of what I feel to be true in this area.

Thank God you were ok.

Wow. I believe as well only I feel angels around me. I've always been looking for concrete evidence of what I feel to be true in this area.

Thank God you were ok.
Someone was watching over me for sure because even the Cops couldn't believe I survived it. My mother told the cops that I was in the passenger seat. The cops said to her, no way a big chandilear came crashing in that passenger window...then my Mom said, Oh I had her crawl down on the floor. :rolleyes:

I've had some vivid dreams on the wild side with I think so called angles. Pretty freaking dream. I tell you in short. I was 8 months pregnant with 3rd child. I dreamed I was inside the womb with my baby. He was scared and didn't want to come out. I kept telling him it was ok, then an angle appeared and smiled down on both of us, and left. That is when I woke up.

Guess what? During that birth the baby kept crowning and go back up. I had a lot of doctors in my room that said they have never seen anything like it. They have seen this with a baby doing it a few times but not 3 hours long. They were about to go in C-Section when he finally came out. FREAKED ME OUT. :lol:

Thank God you were ok.
Someone was watching over me for sure because even the Cops couldn't believe I survived it. My mother told the cops that I was in the passenger seat. The cops said to her, no way a big chandilear came crashing in that passenger window...then my Mom said, Oh I had her crawl down on the floor. :rolleyes:

I've had some vivid dreams on the wild side with I think so called angles. Pretty freaking dream. I tell you in short. I was 8 months pregnant with 3rd child. I dreamed I was inside the womb with my baby. He was scared and didn't want to come out. I kept telling him it was ok, then an angle appeared and smiled down on both of us, and left. That is when I woke up.

Guess what? During that birth the baby kept crowning and go back up. I had a lot of doctors in my room that said they have never seen anything like it. They have seen this with a baby doing it a few times but not 3 hours long. They were about to go in C-Section when he finally came out. FREAKED ME OUT. :lol:

Aww. Do you tell him that story? I tell my daughter the story about the day she was born every year on her birthday. She always rolls her eyes when she knows it's coming but she loves it really.

Mothers were different back then, I feel like mine did a lot of stupid things as well. They weren't all Mrs. Cleaver, were they. My aunt one time sent her daughter and me to the store with a bad check she wrote. Can you imagine?

I don't think I have ever told him that before. I think my husband was freaking out more then anyone because I had told him about the dream I had before the birth. He was like..OMG your dream..OMG it's real. LOL

Oh I have many horrible examples of how not to be a mother. My mom since I can remember 4 or 5 years old, had me light her cigarettes which were Pall Mall non filter

Last edited:
I don't think I have ever told him that before. I think my husband was freaking out more then anyone because I had told him about the dream I had before the birth. He was like..OMG your dream..OMG it's real. LOL

:lol: You'll have to tell him about that.

I don't know Sarah, I think it might give him reason to try and have me committed a few years from now. LOL

Forum List

Back