Near to Death Experiences...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lumpy 1, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,857
    I recall, as a young man taking this beautiful young women up the coast of California. This was our third date and I honestly had my fingers crossed on the outcome. :rolleyes:

We stopped at this market along the way for some drinks and munchies. We went and got the supplies and sat down at this picnic bench along a stream, that also had a panoramic view of the ocean. So, we talked some, drank some and ate some.

After a while I decided I go check out the creek, while she cautioned to be careful. At that, I was emboldened to be a typical male show-off and therefore stupid. I started jumping from rock to rock until suddenly, of course, I fell. I was just flaying around and ended up sliding down the creek, over the edge, ended up just catching hold of a root at the last second. There I was, just dangling, with a 40 foot drop to the rocks and the shore below, amids screams of my lady calling for help.

I eventually found a foot hold and climbed back up. I was soaked embarrassed and ego deflated. As I got back to the creek shore and my beautiful young lady, we both just burst into laughter.

That was one of my near death experiences..... you got any?

2. Lumpy 1

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,857
    Oh come on... do you people really lead such boring lives...?

3. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    No, I don't believe in them and only clicked on this link as a mod duty. ;)

4. Lumpy 1

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,857
    Well, that's inspiring...:eusa_eh:

5. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Well hey! At least my post bumped it up for you. :razz:

6. Lumpy 1

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,857
    I suppose, there is that...gee thanks....:lol:

7. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,395
    I tried swimming to a waterfall in the Smokeys, got tired, and went under. I knew I was a gonner. Said a prayer, saw the white light, felt my life pass before me too. It was actually very warm and soothing.

My foot landed on a rock and I could just hold my head up enough to catch my breath and rest. Swam to shore, puked, then started crying like a lil' ol' baby.

The End.

:D

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. alan1

alan1 USMB Mod Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,769
    It was 30th birthday and as a b-day present to myself, I decided to go skydiving.
    I spent 6 hours in the accelerated free-fall class so that I could jump from 12,000 feet, experience a free-fall and not do via a tandem jump.
    We boarded the plane, rose to 12,000 feet and I jumped.
    My parachute failed to completely open. It did come out of the pack, but since it didn't actually open it only slowed my descent enough to keep me from reaching terminal velocity.
    As I hurtled towards the ground (and imminent death), good fortune smiled upon me. Another plane that had just taken off with the next load of skydivers intersected with my descent when I was merely 200 feet from the ground.
    My unopened chute became entangled in the planes rudder. This halted my rapid falling towards immediate death. It also caused the pilot of the plane to lose some control, as he was now dragging my terrified self from the rudder of his plane. The plane dropped in altitude as the pilot tried to gain control. At about 50 feet above the ground, my chute gave way and I broke loose from the rudder of the plane. I was now falling without the chute attached to me. For about 20 feet anyway.
    I crashed into a tree which kept me from impacting the solid earth and breaking every bone in my body. However as I fell through the branches of the tree I managed to hit quite a few of them on the way down and still suffer numerous cuts, abrasions and some broken bones. As I careened off the last branch of the tree, fortune smiled upon me again and I splash landed into the lake at the base of the tree.
    The weight of my jumpsuit and parachute pack caused me to sink quite rapidly, and my broken arms were of no use to attempt to swim to the surface of the lake. Eventually I could hold my breath no longer, and as i started to drown I passed out. I can't remember the rest of what happened, so I rely upon the people that told it to me.
    A hunter that had seen me fall from the second plane and had rushed over to see if he could help me saw an alligator drag me out of the lake and begin to start eating me. He shot and killed the alligator, then began CPR on my lifeless body until the paramedics arrived.

Now that's a near death experience.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,395
    More like 4 near-deaths in one. Oofah!

10. Lumpy 1

Thanks Received:
    Ratings: