NEA 'attack' on homeschoolers blasted as 'outrageous'

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
The NEA is a Stalinist organization. Public schools teachers should not be allowed to loin it.

The National Education Association has launched an attack on the practice of homeschooling, and one leading education expert is not taking it lying down. “The National Education Association’s radical attacks on constitutionally protected liberties and homeschooling families in particular are outrageous and should be vehemently denounced by every real educator and every real American,” internationalist journalist and educator Alex Newman declared.

The NEA’s 2014-2015 resolution on homeschooling begins like this: “The National Education Association believes that home schooling programs based on parental choice cannot provide the student with a comprehensive education experience.” Freelance writer Patrice Lewis, who homeschools her children, seethed at that line.

“Who has the authority to define ‘comprehensive?’” Lewis asked. “The NEA? Why should they be the ones to define comprehensive and not the parents? Each family may define a ‘comprehensive’ education differently, and each parent should have the right to choose how they want their children educated.

“‘Comprehensive’ as defined by a far-left progressive agenda-driven union and special interest-supported legislators and bureaucrats is almost guaranteed to fly in the face of the morals, values and traditions of parents who don’t have similarly leftwing progressive agenda-driven views.”

Newman, who co-authored the book “Crimes of the Educators: How Utopians Are Using Government Schools to Destroy America’s Children,” pointed out that if homeschooled children weren’t getting a good enough education, they wouldn’t be beating public school students like they are now...

I wouldn't dream of sending my children to a public school. They are churning out idiots that are perpetually offended, and believe nirvana is right around the corner, and it's free. They can't even write! Too hard. Not necessary.
It's stunning to see where we place on the world level of educated young adults.
Public schools don't teach anymore. They indoctrinate. Homeschoolers teach math, and science and stuff........

“The National Education Association believes that home schooling programs based on parental choice cannot provide the student with a comprehensive education experience.”

TRANSLATION: "We are unable to indoctrinate homeschooled students with nonsensical useless rubbish that will turn them into EBT card addicts and therefore, assured votes for Democrats."

“The National Education Association believes that home schooling programs based on parental choice cannot provide the student with a comprehensive education experience.”

TRANSLATION: "We are unable to indoctrinate homeschooled students with nonsensical useless rubbish that will turn them into EBT card addicts and therefore, assured votes for Democrats."

BINGO!

Some people just believe the craziest shit about the public educational system...it's actually amusing that they think they're smarter than others when they're completely ignorant about what actually goes on. Also, it's even more amusing if you call them ignorant-and they see the word "ignorant" as having a negative connotation.

I wonder if most people realize that the majority (not all) of the people who blame the public educational system are the unsuccessful people at life who need a scapegoat to blame all of their failures on, and their school(s) are an easy target. It's actually kind of sad and pathetic when you really think about it.

PS: I'm a teacher who did NOT vote for Obama, believes in the 2nd amendment, capitalism, ending abortion...but I guess I'm just a radical liberal teacher right? Such ignorance. :rofl:

The resources available today for the homeschooling parent have never been better. Start with the internet, obviously. The internet age has made it easier for parents to share lesson plans and ideas and also for students to collaborate. Also, there are a wide spectrum of inexpensive texts that you can order on all the basics, plus tons of other interesting subjects.

Add to that all the sports clubs (soccer, rec league basketball, AAU, youth football, etc.) and private music/art organizations your kid can join. Seems like there's more sports opportunities for the home student than ever.

The NEA is a lobby group, like any other lobby, but they seem to be extremely aggressive and Machiavellian in their tactics.

Some people just believe the craziest shit about the public educational system

One judges it by the product it produces. In the world, the US ranks 27th in Math, 24th in Science.

Has a fine record in diversity and multiculturalism, though. :uhh:

One judges it by the product it produces. In the world, the US ranks 27th in Math, 24th in Science.

Yes that is true, but I think it's a cultural problem and not necessarily a problem with the system. Are there teachers who shouldn't be there? Absolutely. But our culture has changed, every year I get more and more parents asking me why their kids didn't get A's. I explain to them that little Johnny did "C" work, so he earned a "C". The parent gets mad and goes to my principal. I then pull out Johnny's work and show it to the parent.

The kids are spoon-fed nowadays both in and outside of school. They're being coddled--why should they actually try at school if they're taught that they'll be just fine. They're living in a time when everybody gets a trophy for trying, they get endless "second" chances, and they're not held accountable for their actions. People wonder why we perform so low? It's because this school year I had a student who had a 9%--that's not a typo a 9% come up to me the second to last week of school and ask me how he could get a "C" (70%). I told him that to be honest with him he couldn't get a C. So his mom went to the assistant principal and complained that I was holding her son back (who did exactly ZERO assignments all year-he got a few questions right randomly on tests which is where he got some credit). The AP told me to allow the kid to hand in work late and to give credit for it.

So this kid does NOTHING for 8 weeks, has his mom complain and he's forgiven and can hand in his work late--no consequences.

This happened in all of his classes. What did that kid learn? He learned (incorrectly) that deadlines don't matter, he can lazy and get away with sliding by, doing your work and trying doesn't matter-he'll still be "just fine". What he doesn't fully realize is that the "real world" is coming very sooon for him--and with that attitude the world is going to chew him up and spit him out. Some people might see my position as being "mean"....but the truth is by holding him accountable to his actions, or lack of actions, it would be teaching him a very important lesson.

The worst part? I gave this kid the stack of papers of make-up work. It was a lot. Does anybody think he complete any of the work? Nope.

The sad part is that this isn't uncommon whatsoever.

So while the system does to be tweaked...we as a nation need to address the real reason, and the real reason isn't PC so we gloss over it. We are coddling our children in this country, and it breeds apathy, lack of personal responsibility, and poor results.

The point is made. "Which students" is irrelevant. Nations were compared, not students.

While home schooled kids outperform public school kids across the board with average standardized test scores in the 80th percentile

Last edited:
The thing that really got my attention about our public schools?
When I'm told that we must import tech workers because we dont have enough of them...yet we have how many Americans out of work?
Public schools are failing America.

Forum List

Back