NE Pats defense is terrible

Discussion in 'Sports' started by ginscpy, Dec 20, 2012.

1. ginscpy

ginscpy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +216
    They are slow, old and unathletic.

At least that is how they looked against the Niners.

No way do they make it to the SB.

2. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    They won't have to play the Niners again until maybe sometime next fall. I haven't seen the schedule.

They can tune in Sunday night to see and learn how it's done.

:lol:

3. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    actually, it's the youngest team bellichick has had since he started here.

4. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,156
    The Niners and NE might meet next month in NOLA.

5. HUGGY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    Nope...not gonna happen! We will have their "new" number after Sunday ...I welcome the Pats to NO we( the Seahawks) have already beat them once this year in Seattle... NBD to play em again in Olleeeeaaaanz.

6. Wry Catcher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,156
    I look forward to Sunday night but don't expect a blowout. Both team have strong D's and good running games. Knowing Seattle the weather will suck so line play will in my opinion be the decider, unless the Niners continue to miss field goals.

7. HUGGY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    It'll be mid thirties.. a very cold rain..swirling 10 mph winds ..nasty ...cold and wet to the bone..

I agree it won't be a blowout unless our very high scoring defense and special teams has a good day like they've had lately. Those 50 plus last two Seahawk games the offense only accounted for about two thirds of the score.

I predict two TD passes and two running TD's from Wilson. If Lynch goes "Beast mode" you can add 100 plus yards and 1 or two TD's from him. I doubt Wilson will throw one of his rare ints. So what I'm guessing is 35 pts from the Seahawk offense and whatever the defense kicks in in turnovers...pretty much like we have been doing lately.

SF is no slouch team ...they have pride.. but we actually do have the best defense not them as has been thrown around in the media. Especially at home. My guess having seen them play in NE is 27 pts.. and THAT is generous. 3 TD's none from Gore and two FG's out of 4 attempts.

That's my call and I'm sticking with it.

8. Wry Catcher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,156
    The Niners rarely give up 30 + points. My call: Niners 20; Hawks 17; Gore 108 on 19 carries; Lynch 78 on 24 carries. James will run a Seattle kickoff back 105 yards just to put the !!! mark on the game for the Duck fans in Eugene and add 68 yards on 'O' when spotting for Gore. Did I mention #7 will have his third 50 yard scramble in the 3rd Qtr?

9. HUGGY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    Seattle doesn't fly around like they do for 60 minutes on press clippings. They are used to this weather..they live in this energy draining weather..shall I say they are "weatherized"?

Why do you think the Pats were able to sting up 4 TD's in the second half last weekend? ...and almost pull off one of the great comebacks of all time? I'll tell ya what happened..in almost identical conditions...The 9ers got cold... mentally and physically and their performance suffered. Their concentration suffered which is the first thing to go when someone is hypothermic. I live in this shit also. The 9ers do not. If they were not lucky to get a very long KO return and a fortunate pass reception in NE at the very end of the game the 9ers at the very least were headed for overtime. The Seahawks NEVER allow even average KO returns and long passes are extremely rare because they frequently get intercepted. I will be astonished if Krumpernicle runs for more than 30 total yards.

My call revised... Sehawks defense and Special teams 17 pts and SF 20 pts and Seahawk Offense 35 pts.

Oh and I predict that several SF players go deaf from the crowd noise. I hear we got a double shipment in this week to "pump" out onto the field...:lol:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  10. Plasmaball

Plasmaball Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,904
    yes the game the seahawks didnt win because of the refs really.

furthermore the Defense isnt bad. They did allow NE to comeback you know. Then in the end they just failed ala like the superbowl with the giants. It was just stupid. The 49ers are good, but NE could have won.