ND thriving using policies OPPOSITE of Barack Obama's

And bravo to them for it. :clap2:

Unfortunately, Obama's henchmen at the EPA are out to federalize hydraulic fracturing and ultimately have the practice banned.

And the $40+ billion in new taxes contained in Obama's budget will kill the O & G industries across the board.

This is why Liberals want their Dear Bleeder for another 4 years.

And bravo to them for it. :clap2:

Unfortunately, Obama's henchmen at the EPA are out to federalize hydraulic fracturing and ultimately have the practice banned.

And the $40+ billion in new taxes contained in Obama's budget will kill the O & G industries across the board.

This is why Liberals want their Dear Bleeder for another 4 years.

And this is exactly why Obama is going to get his ass handed to him in November. What's going on in the coal community is truly astounding. Life long, die-hard union democrat workers are all voting Romney because Obama is shutting down coal mines which are the only source of industry in many of these communities.

I've never seen a "leader" that is their own worst enemy and alienates the strongest part of their voting base. The energy issue is the solution to our entire problem. All he has to do is support them and the economy would take off, jobs would be in abundance, and America would be energy independent. He'd have a great chance of re-election, despite all of his countless other shenanigans. Instead, he digs his own political grave because he's mesmorized by the fallacy known as "green energy". :eusa_eh:

Finally North Dakota will not being losing it's population after decades of people leaving that state. Why? Because of the oil and the jobs. Regulations? Have you ever been to Western North Dakota? It's buttfuck ugly and there isn't a whole lot to protect.:eusa_shifty:

Finally North Dakota will not being losing it's population after decades of people leaving that state. Why? Because of the oil and the jobs. Regulations? Have you ever been to Western North Dakota? It's buttfuck ugly and there isn't a whole lot to protect.:eusa_shifty:

western North Dakota is quite nice, in a Great Plains sort of way. Teddy Roosevelt has a nice park and everything.But those jobs everyone is referring to? Right now, they are dependent on the drilling activity, when the drilling activity dies down, so will all the ancillary jobs. Sure..some will remain, small service companies, a few trucking and labor companies, one welltender for every 10 or 20 wells. But beyond that? As the drilling eases down, so will the boom. If oil prices crater along with global oil demand, it won't be "easing" down, it will be falling off a cliff.

western North Dakota is quite nice, in a Great Plains sort of way. Teddy Roosevelt has a nice park and everything.But those jobs everyone is referring to? Right now, they are dependent on the drilling activity, when the drilling activity dies down, so will all the ancillary jobs. Sure..some will remain, small service companies, a few trucking and labor companies, one welltender for every 10 or 20 wells. But beyond that? As the drilling eases down, so will the boom. If oil prices crater along with global oil demand, it won't be "easing" down, it will be falling off a cliff.

That happens with every industry. The economy is constantly changing. One time boom towns during the Gold Rush are ghost towns now. The now Rust Belt was once a thriving manufacturing region of the the country. It's the natural cycle.

Having never seen Western North Dakota, I decided to check it out via a quick web search. Seriously, if this is your idea of "butt fuck ugly", then I've got to see your idea of paradise!

http://www.stoneylonesomephotos.com/p733798778/h3D18803#h3d18803

Last edited:

Having never seen Western North Dakota, I decided to check it out via a quick web search. Seriously, if this is your idea of "butt fuck ugly", then I've got to see your idea of paradise!

Stoney Lonesome Photos | Wildlife Landscapes | Mule Deer Bucks in Western North Dakota-5

I have been to Western North Dakota quite a few times, well to be more accurate, I've driven through the place several times on my way to Seattle from Minneapolis. But I did spend some time in Bismarck when I played in a tennis tournament. Seeing the state and looking at pictures are two different things. Butt-ugly.
Paradise? Capture New Zealand Photography Tours
That's where I was born and where I travel to about every 3-4 years. Or then there's COZUMEL PHOTO TOUR < walks, talks & short courses Which where I go when I don't vacation in New Zealand.
Yea for vacations! :clap2:

I have been to Western North Dakota quite a few times, well to be more accurate, I've driven through the place several times on my way to Seattle from Minneapolis. But I did spend some time in Bismarck when I played in a tennis tournament. Seeing the state and looking at pictures are two different things. Butt-ugly.

Ah...those with no appreciation for wide open spaces and buffalo. Well, certainly some city-folk (or even those raised in less arid areas) have a tough time with the barren beauty of North Dakota, but it is there, even if difficult to see for those just driving through.

There is a reason why Americans are Americans, and part of it has to do with their ability to find beauty in, and conquer, places other people flee from. And reasons why, in the greater scheme of things, America matters, and various other places, don't.

New Zealand is beautiful though. So is the Haul road in Alaska. The Icefields Parkway in Canada. The redwoods. The grand canyon. Mt Rainier. Acadia National Park in Maine. Cape Breton Highlands. The Great Lakes. The Great Plains (ever seen Scotts Bluff in Nebraska?). The Missouri breaks in Montana. The Bighorns! Yeah...New Zealand is okay...a bit small maybe, but beautiful as well. Perhaps the beauty of the Great Plains works best when in comparison to what it is surrounded by, and those differences?

I can understand what you're saying, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's just to this beholder who has done his share of traveling and exploring,,,,North Dakota isn't beautiful. To each his own. :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back