NCIS still investigating Yemeni prisoner’s Guantánamo death

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
Torture or Suicide?
I find it hard to believe the navy does not do cell checks to make sure these type of things don't happen.

Navy investigators are still investigating the suicide of a Yemeni prisoner who was found dead of an overdose complicated by acute pneumonia, a military spokesman said Tuesday.

The U.S. repatriated the remains of Adnan Latif, 32, on Saturday, three months after he was found dead at Guantánamo’s maximum-security prison. The military also disclosed Saturday that in addition to a pathologist’s finding that Latif died of a “self-induced overdose” of prescription drugs, “acute pneumonia was a contributing factor in his death.”

Read more here: NCIS still investigating Yemeni prisoner’s Guantánamo death - Guantánamo - MiamiHerald.com

What gives? You didn't get a response the first time you posted this, so you waited about 45 minutes or so and posted it again?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ating-yemeni-prisoner-s-guantanamo-death.html

By any definition...that's called spam...right?

I am have requested that the other thread be removed
so how about that obama and gitmo?

How about Bush and GITMO? Wanna talk about that, or shall we just ignore who first opened the place?

What gives? You didn't get a response the first time you posted this, so you waited about 45 minutes or so and posted it again?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ating-yemeni-prisoner-s-guantanamo-death.html

By any definition...that's called spam...right?

I am have requested that the other thread be removed
so how about that obama and gitmo?

How about Bush and GITMO? Wanna talk about that, or shall we just ignore who first opened the place?

Did anyone die in gitmo? Was bush campaigning to close gitmo? Did bush sign a executive order to close gitmo?

Last edited:
Who died in gitmo while Bush was president?

Nine prisoners have died in Gitmo's detention camp. Five between the time it opened and when Bush departed office. Four since Obama's inauguration.

Link.

"...This death comes nearly one year after the deaths of three men at Guantánamo on June 10, 2006..."

CCR Condemns Death of Fourth Guantanamo Prisoner | Center for Constitutional Rights

Now...you tell me why Obama hasn't been able to close it as promised.

(Hint: I know. Do you?)

Nine prisoners have died in Gitmo's detention camp. Five between the time it opened and when Bush departed office. Four since Obama's inauguration.

Link.

"...This death comes nearly one year after the deaths of three men at Guantánamo on June 10, 2006..."

CCR Condemns Death of Fourth Guantanamo Prisoner | Center for Constitutional Rights

Thanks for the link

Blame Buoooooosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:doubt:

Who died in gitmo while Bush was president?

Link.

Mr. Latif, after all, was the ninth man to die at Guantánamo. More men have died in the prison camp than have been convicted by a civilian court (one) or by the military commissions system in Guantánamo (six). In 2006, Salah al-Salami, a Yemeni, and Yasser al-Zahrani and Mani al-Utaybi, both Saudis, were the first men to die at Guantánamo. Their deaths were called suicides, even though soldiers stationed at the base at the time have raised serious questions about the plausibility of the Defense Department’s account. (Full disclosure: the Center for Constitutional Rights represents the families of two of the men who died.)

According to the government, three more detainees committed suicide and two others died of natural causes. There has been no independent investigation into any of the deaths, however; there has been no accountability for a range of constitutional and human rights violations at Guantánamo.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/14/opinion/life-and-death-at-guantanamo-bay.html

A detainee at Guantánamo was found dead in his cell on Saturday, according to camp officials. He is the ninth person to die at the camp since it was opened more than ten years ago. As former Gitmo guard Brandon Neely pointed out Monday, more detainees have died at the camp (nine) than have been convicted of wrongdoing by its military commissions (six). This is the fourth detainee who has died at the camp since Obama's inauguration.

Another Guantánamo prisoner death highlights Democrats' hypocrisy policy | Glenn Greenwald | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Thanks for the link

Why not? You're blaming Obama!

ps: Can't....or more likely....WON'T answer the question...right?

Thanks for the link

Why not? You're blaming Obama!

ps: Can't....or more likely....WON'T answer the question...right?

I'm blaming obama for following the same policy times ten of bush.

Forum List

Back