NCAA Football season is coming soon!

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
In less than 2 months the 2014 college football season will start. The BCS is dead & gone. The new playoff system (which will hopefully expand) is about to begin.

How about some wild, unfounded, preseason playoff predictions?

I see the 4 teams to make the playoffs as being:

Alabama
Florida State
Oklahoma
Oregon

you mean the league with 588 teams? I'll pass too many to follow

you mean the league with 588 teams? I'll pass too many to follow

Follow who you want. There are only 4 teams in the entire playoff. A grand total of 3 games in the tournament. And there are 126 teams in Division I football.

Sorry if it is too complicated for you.

The University of Washington Huskies have hired arguably one of the best coaches available last fall in Chris Petersen.

He put Boise State on the map. As long as he doesn't try to paint the field blue I am looking forward to some interesting football in Montlake.

Go Dawgs !!!

The University of Washington Huskies have hired arguably one of the best coaches available last fall in Chris Petersen.

He put Boise State on the map. As long as he doesn't try to paint the field blue I am looking forward to some interesting football in Montlake.

Go Dawgs !!!

I agree. I think we'll see some amazing improvement in the Huskies before long.

I can't watch NCAA Footsbawl anymore. Not after the Penn State molestation scandal. When they run out on the field the first thing I think of is "How many of them guys is gettin' molested"?

The Coaches all call them "kids" too. I know they're young but they don't look like "kids" to me.

That and big money ruined football at the collegiate level long ago.

I can't watch NCAA Footsbawl anymore. Not after the Penn State molestation scandal. When they run out on the field the first thing I think of is "How many of them guys is gettin' molested"?

The Coaches all call them "kids" too. I know they're young but they don't look like "kids" to me.

That and big money ruined football at the collegiate level long ago.

Yeah, money has effected the game. But I still think a lot of it is the heart in each college team's play. Sure some of them will play pro ball and make big bucks. But most of them won't. And most of them know it. I can't watch NFL football anymore because it IS all about the money.

And the players ARE kids, to a point. Most are too young to drink legally.

And the Penn State debacle was not about the college players being molested.

And the Penn State debacle was not about the college players being molested.
Oh yeah? What was it about then?

It was about Sandusky molesting young boys on campus. Not the football players for Penn State. He had access to the facilities and held camps and such for youngsters. He founded an organization to help at-risk youth. Then he molested some of them.

One month until Bama's opening game against WVU!!!

Just around the corner from starting our quest for our next National Championship!!

Bama will be much tougher this year than last.

The RBs may be the best trio in college football, and the new OC will certainly make use of Henry (unlike Uselessmeir.

The receivers are talented and deep. The world class tightend, OJ Howard, was under utilized last year. Kiffin will, hopefully, remedy that.

The O Line looks strong and deep.

The defense will be much better. Lost some talent to the NFL, but Saban recruits defensive players like no one else.

One glaring weakness last year was cornerback. One true freshman, Tony Brown (track star) graduated early and has all but earned the starting spot. marlon Humphries will be starting on the other side before the season is done.

Landon Collins took over at safety when Vinnie Sunseri went down with an injury. He filled Vinnie's shoes and then some. I look for him to be a star safety.

The D Line may be the best one Bama has had in recent memory.

Ready for the season to start!!! ROLL TIDE!!

I am seeing a lot of writers that are very high on Auburn. The Coaches Poll has them in the top 10.

All of this is predicated on last season's records, since the one before that was one of the worst in school history.

But Auburn at #4 in the Coaches Poll?

First, they lost to LSU. That, in and of itself is not that bad.

But the win over A&M was as much the injury to manziel as it was anything. And the two victories by fluke are not something to recommend Auburn as a powerhouse.

The GA game ended when a badly thrown pass was tipped but not knocked down.

And the AL game was such a fluke as to have never happened in NCAA history before. Plus, just a bit earlier in the 4th Qtr, Bama hit a FG but had it called back due to a penalty by an O Lineman (one he was prone to make, which is why I am not sad to see him go). Bama missed the subsequent try.

Now I know a team needs a little luck to win the NC. But Auburn had a LOT of luck. And the prognosticators are planning for that luck again?

Sorry, LSU looks to be the #2 team in the SEC West, not auburn.

My prediction on the 4 playoff teams is:
Oregon
Oklahoma
Ohio State
Florida State.

Oregon will be solid.

I think Oklahoma may have gotten more mileage out of beating Alabama than they should have. They were beaten soundly by Texas, and Baylor slaughtered them.

I'm still not sure if Ohio State is the real deal.

FL State will be there.

I see my old homie college of Oklahoma University(1000 in fresh. comp. class) and that was 1982..
Is my fav, but I am sure Alabama will be hot as wiill the other winning teams. OK St. is a 70% win team, Texass 70%
OK 95%
Ala 95%

Forum List

Back