nc police want medical records...

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
Sheriffs in North Carolina want access to state computer records identifying anyone with prescriptions for powerful painkillers and other controlled substances.

The state sheriff's association pushed the idea Tuesday, saying the move would help them make drug arrests and curb a growing problem of prescription drug abuse. But patient advocates say opening up people's medicine cabinets to law enforcement would deal a devastating blow to privacy rights.

Allowing sheriffs' offices and other law enforcement officials to use the state's computerized list would vastly widen the circle of people with access to information on prescriptions written for millions of people. As it stands now, doctors and pharmacists are the main users.

Read more: Sheriffs want lists of patients using painkillers - Crime/Safety - NewsObserver.com

perhaps they should look at the doctors who do nothing but prescript pain killers

Perhaps this sheriff ought to go back to cop school, for a remedial due process class. If he needs to see medical records, all he has to do is swear out a warrant, stating probable cause, and have a judge sign it.

such bull crap....I am ready to get rid of all drug laws, especially if the gvt keeps pursuing this kind of crud....

See what happens when you have a "Living breathing" Constitution?

Yeah, South Carolina spits on it. I hadn't noticed that the Supreme Court ruled on this boneheaded sheriff's request, though, so wonder why you made that statement that makes no sense?

Sure why not, the war on drugs is a war of freedom .
FreedomGoToHell.gif

Perhaps this sheriff ought to go back to cop school, for a remedial due process class. If he needs to see medical records, all he has to do is swear out a warrant, stating probable cause, and have a judge sign it.

What's the difference between him getting the records or the federal government establishing a national database for all medical records?

Yeah, South Carolina spits on it. I hadn't noticed that the Supreme Court ruled on this boneheaded sheriff's request, though, so wonder why you made that statement that makes no sense?

If you weren't such a fucking retard I might answer you directly. But, here's my answer, find someone to read it to you.

This is what happens when we have a government that has no respect for founding principles of limited, Constitutionally directed government and uses the Commerce Clause and Taxation power to pass any and all legislation, no matter how Unconstitutional or invasive.

the National Database is for the patient's and Doctor's use, not the Police.....

there is a big difference....Doctors can't arrest you, take away your freedom, and put you away.

the National Database is for the patient's and Doctor's use, not the Police.....

there is a big difference....Doctors can't arrest you, take away your freedom, and put you away.

Um, if its just for the patient and doctor, um, er, then why include anyone else besides the patient and doctor?

If you weren't such a fucking retard I might answer you directly. But, here's my answer, find someone to read it to you.

This is what happens when we have a government that has no respect for founding principles of limited, Constitutionally directed government and uses the Commerce Clause and Taxation power to pass any and all legislation, no matter how Unconstitutional or invasive.

You mean like the Civil Rights Acts?

You mean like the Civil Rights Acts?

:confused:

:doubt:

:eusa_eh:

Yeah, I'm not understanding your "point" at all.

So how come Progressives don't have a problem with the Federal Gubbamint getting the exact same information?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Forum List

Back