NC Mom discharged from Military

both situations extend from not having enough soldiers in our armed services....after reading Cafe's situation with her husband, and his time spent in Iraq and away from his children and wife, that is equally as sad as the woman wanting to stay home and rear her kids.

My honest sympathy is with you Cafe.

We need to up our troop levels, as much as I hate to say something like this, being that I am a Pacifist from head to toe, pure blooded DOVE.

Cafe's husband and other men and women should not have to serve more than 1 tour in Iraq in my opinion....that's all they had to serve in VietNam was a year....granted it wasn't an all volunteer service.... :(

Anyway, if this warring continues, only in Afghanistan, we really need to up our troops, and it takes years to prep the new ones, but we need to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best and our military men and women that have served in Iraq have given enough to their country....the chance of being blown up, the times missed of children's birthdays, graduations, Christmas's etc...and the time away, also cuts in to his and his wifes reproduction time, which to me, is a Right given to us by our Creator, whether it be Nature or God, and quite honestly, they are tired!

i was petrified, on 9/11, a little less than 100 miles away... I can't imagine the mental strain and fatigue that comes with being in a War zone... :( for the spouse as well....i would be sickened 24/ if my husband were in one....no question on that and he might have even lived through it, but i would have worried myself to death!!!

Takes A LOT being the wife and child of a military man during wartime!

MORE than the average person can handle, imo.

care

Forum List

Back