NC Mom discharged from Military

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
NC mom recalled to Army duty will be discharged

RALEIGH, N.C. – The North Carolina mother who reported for Army duty with her two young children will be discharged from the military, her attorney said Monday. Attorney Mark Waple of Fayetteville said it wasn't yet clear if Lisa Pagan would receive an honorable discharge or a general discharge under honorable conditions. It also wasn't certain when she would be discharged.

The reason for the discharge will be that she doesn't have, and cannot have, an adequate family care for her two young children, he said.

"There is definitely some feeling of relief, especially since she has been led to believe that the command at Fort Benning is going to do everything to expedite this so she can return to Charlotte, North Carolina, with her children," Waple said of Pagan's reaction to the decision.

I call bullshit on this nonsense. Girlfriend needs to grow the fuck up. If women want to be equals, they have to step up and be equals, even when it is difficult and challenging.

There have been a lot of times in my life when finding childcare was difficult. I worked it out.

I wish the military had not caved in this situation. It sets a dangerous precedent.

You think it's perfectly acceptable to just walk away from your responsibilities without repercussions? And would you be saying the same if she just up and walked away from her kids because raising them was too much trouble?

You think it's perfectly acceptable to just walk away from your responsibilities without repercussions? And would you be saying the same if she just up and walked away from her kids because raising them was too much trouble?

I don't know enough about this story to make a judgment yet. What if her husband is also in Iraq, or got killed in the service of his country? She may have had suitable arrangements before she entered the service and something happened to stop that. Perhaps both her parents died? How do you leave your kids with a stranger and what kind of stranger would you leave them with, heck what kind of stranger would take them?

Besides, she was "recalled" to the army, that's means she's already served her term once....how many terms is a mother suppose to find childcare for?

Last edited:

Not perfectly acceptable.. Just acceptable in an imperfect world. Men walk away from their responsiblities and obligations every day of the week, I kind of like it hat this mom thinks of her children first. , This little soldier served her active duty time even went to Iraq I think.. She became inactive and circumstances changed.. So I think the right decision was made.

Last edited:

I don't know enough about this story to make a judgment yet. What if her husband is also in Iraq, or got killed in the service of his country? She may have had suitable arrangements before she entered the service and something happened to stop that. Perhaps both her parents died? How do you leave your kids with a stranger and what kind of stranger would you leave them with, heck what kind of stranger would take them?

Besides, she was "recalled" to the army, that's means she's already served her term once....how many terms is a mother suppose to find childcare for?

You sign those papers knowing full well that once you're discharged, or retire, you're still subject to recall for X number of years. You have plans in place at all times. PERIOD. If something happens and one plan falls through, you make another, just in case. And another. None of this is hidden from you when you join - it's all stated up front. Anyone existing on the "It'll never happen to me." mentality is just stupid.

So, again.. would Truth be saying "Good!" if she just decided childrearing was too difficult? Or, is it just "other" responsibilities, and contracts you sign that are just ok to walk away from because they get inconvenient?

Not perfectly acceptable.. Just acceptable in an imperfect world. Men walk away from their responsiblities and obligations every day of the week, I kind of like it hat this mom thinks of her children first. , This little soldier served her active duty time even went to Iraq I think.. She became inactive and circumstances changed.. So I think the right decision was made.

She isn't "done" serving until approx. 7-10 years (I forget how many exactly) of non-recall after her discharge.

So, you're incorrect. She hasn't served her term yet. It's not complete.

• Banned
I don't know enough about this story to make a judgment yet. What if her husband is also in Iraq, or got killed in the service of his country?

Her husband travels for his job, but lives in the states.

I don't know. How many terms are fathers supposed to do this?

Why have a different standard for women than for men? I call bullshit.

You sign those papers knowing full well that once you're discharged, or retire, you're still subject to recall for X number of years. You have plans in place at all times. PERIOD. If something happens and one plan falls through, you make another, just in case. And another. None of this is hidden from you when you join - it's all stated up front. Anyone existing on the "It'll never happen to me." mentality is just stupid.

So, again.. would Truth be saying "Good!" if she just decided childrearing was too difficult? Or, is it just "other" responsibilities, and contracts you sign that are just ok to walk away from because they get inconvenient?

Again, we don't know the whole story, who do you suggest she leave her kids with?

She showed up for duty did she not? why yes I think she did.

Hopefully they give her a dishonorable discharge. What a bubble head. Or maybe she's a coward...she should have taken that other guy's approach and claimed Obama wasn't really president.

Again, we don't know the whole story, who do you suggest she leave her kids with?

How about the father?

Since when have childcare arrangements become the responsibility of the employer? I know plenty of single parents who have been activated to serve in Iraq.

I don't know enough about this story to make a judgment yet. What if her husband is also in Iraq, or got killed in the service of his country?

Her husband travels for his job, but lives in the states.

I don't know. How many terms are fathers supposed to do this?

Why have a different standard for women than for men? I call bullshit.

If a man showed up with his kids, I would expect them to show him the same treatment they are showing her. The difference is, men don't often get custody of their children. I would like to see that change. Give men custody 50% of the time and the number of single parents will dwindle overnight.

That isn't anyones problem but hers.. Like I said.. She knew full well she could be recalled at any time. SHE didn't have a backup plan in place. She just assumed she was done, regardless of the contract she signed stating otherwise.

Easy to see who would shirk any responsibility they don't like, however... Things get too difficult, just sweep the problem under the rug and call it a day..

She isn't "done" serving until approx. 7-10 years (I forget how many exactly) of non-recall after her discharge.

So, you're incorrect. She hasn't served her term yet. It's not complete.

Oh! I'm quite sorry,, I must have read the "she's been discharged" part wrong,, I always thought discharged was done...

If a man showed up with his kids, I would expect them to show him the same treatment they are showing her. The difference is, men don't often get custody of their children. I would like to see that change. Give men custody 50% of the time and the number of single parents will dwindle overnight.

My brother was a single dad in the Navy. He went out to sea six months of every year until his term was ended. It was part of his job.

This woman wants special treatment because she has an active vagina. I hate women who pull this shit. They set the rest of us back 100 years.

Witness Sunni's comments...

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Hopefully they give her a dishonorable discharge. What a bubble head. Or maybe she's a coward...she should have taken that other guy's approach and claimed Obama wasn't really president.

you always wish the worst things on people..

How about the father?

Since when have childcare arrangements become the responsibility of the employer? I know plenty of single parents who have been activated to serve in Iraq.

Like I said, we don't know the whole story, what if the father is already serving in the armed forces? What if he got killed? What if her parents died? I just would like to know more before I can make a determination if what she did was wrong or not.

I will say one thing, I don't think they should be able to force people to do tour after tour after tour. When I was a kid, you signed up for one tour and that was it, you got to go home, unless YOU chose to make it your career.

Forum List

Back