NC Legislature screws up

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
In the past a life sentence was 80 years. Then sometime between the 70's and now some pea brained legislature of NC changed it to 40 years. It has sense been changed to something else.

Well 20 very bad people will be released from prison on 29 Oct because when they were sentenced to Life or the death penalty ( later changed to life) they fell under those old laws. The current legislature and our Governor are all upset. Vowing to do something about it. Unfortunately for them, the Supreme Court of the State won't even hear the case as it is so cut and dried.

This State has not had a republican Legislature since Reconstruction days. So the Dems that are all hot and bothered are the same people that probably made the IGNORANT decision to change a life sentence to 40 years to begin with. Talk about moronic, what sane person could ever vote to authorize a life sentence to be 40 years? Liberals of course.

I did not look this up on the Internet, it was in the paper. I am sure if you MUST have a link you can find one.

In the past a life sentence was 80 years. Then sometime between the 70's and now some pea brained legislature of NC changed it to 40 years. It has sense been changed to something else.

Well 20 very bad people will be released from prison on 29 Oct because when they were sentenced to Life or the death penalty ( later changed to life) they fell under those old laws. The current legislature and our Governor are all upset. Vowing to do something about it. Unfortunately for them, the Supreme Court of the State won't even hear the case as it is so cut and dried.

This State has not had a republican Legislature since Reconstruction days. So the Dems that are all hot and bothered are the same people that probably made the IGNORANT decision to change a life sentence to 40 years to begin with. Talk about moronic, what sane person could ever vote to authorize a life sentence to be 40 years? Liberals of course.

I did not look this up on the Internet, it was in the paper. I am sure if you MUST have a link you can find one.

Pfffth too badm Gunny- thats the law. Deal.

gysgt....no need for a link. Take it from someone that lives in the great state of NC....it's true. You just about can't go anywhere today and not here someone talking about it. And if you're expecting Bev to do anything that might make her look bad with the rest of her party you're going to be sorely disappointed. I have regretted that particular vote since a week after I did it. All I could think of was anyone had to be better than Easley. Man was I wrong.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back