NC governor recommends suspending elections for years to focus on jobs

I don't go along the governor's recommendation, however I can understand the frustration. Congress is doing nothing. Every proposal is blocked by the opposition with little regard for the content.

The Republicans have a single aim, winning in 2012. If the country goes to hell between now and then, they blame it on the Democrats.

I only hope that after Obama wins in 2012, they back off for the betterment of this country. He will be in until 2016 and finally when they admit this to themselves, we can stop the history making, record breaking filibusters.

The day after the elections will be so much fun in here and finally, this country can start to heal from those horrible horrible 8 years of bush. Do you realize how close we came to another depression after Bush. OBama picked a hell of a time to run but thank god he did. He saved this country from going down the depression road.

Thanks, I haven't laughed this hard in a month.

I don't go along the governor's recommendation, however I can understand the frustration. Congress is doing nothing. Every proposal is blocked by the opposition with little regard for the content.

The Republicans have a single aim, winning in 2012. If the country goes to hell between now and then, they blame it on the Democrats.

I only hope that after Obama wins in 2012, they back off for the betterment of this country. He will be in until 2016 and finally when they admit this to themselves, we can stop the history making, record breaking filibusters.

The day after the elections will be so much fun in here and finally, this country can start to heal from those horrible horrible 8 years of bush. Do you realize how close we came to another depression after Bush. OBama picked a hell of a time to run but thank god he did. He saved this country from going down the depression road.

:eusa_eh:

:cuckoo:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol:

WHAT A FUCKING RETARD!!!!

CaféAuLait;4198315 said:

As a way to solve the national debt crisis, North Carolina Democratic Gov. Beverly Perdue recommends suspending congressional elections for the next couple of years.

“I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won’t hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover,” Perdue said at a rotary club event in Cary, North Carolina, according to the Raleigh News & Observer. “I really hope that someone can agree with me on that.”

Perdue said she thinks that temporarily halting elections would allow members of Congress to focus on the economy. “You have to have more ability from Congress, I think, to work together and to get over the partisan bickering and focus on fixing things,” Perdue said.

Read more: Bev Perdue | NC Governor | Suspend Elections | Jobs | The Daily Caller

What a novel idea... :eusa_eh:

Yeah, right. The fact that Democrats are going to get slaughtered in the next election wouldn't have anything to do with it, do you suppose?

Beverly Perdue appears to be little more than a goose stepping fascist who wants to impose a dictatorship on this country.

Where do Dims find these despicable weasels?

Purdue owes obama because if it wasn't for obama winning and the fact most democrats vote straight ticket that's why she won. However she will not be re-elected in 2012 that you can take to the bank.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol:

:lol: :lol:

man oh man..OBAMA is sitting at 36% APPROVAL in LESS than THREE YEARS.
Just what do you see happening in a year that is going to get him reelected? He really is going to part the seas???

And he SAVED us from a depression. I'd say ONLY you in that 36% seem to think that CRAP.

Last edited:
welcome-to-the-next-police-state.gif

Just what do you see happening in a year that is going to get him reelected? He really is going to part the seas???

And he SAVED us from a depression. I'd say ONLY you in that 36% seem to think that CRAP.
who has him at 36%

who has him at 36%

Obama

Kind of high is you ask me.

Last edited:
Nothing says "I have failed and now with to cling to what shreds of power I have left" like suspending elections ... Someone needs to let her know, we have the right to bare arms.

Our voice will not be silenced

“I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won’t hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover,” Perdue said at a rotary club event in Cary, North Carolina, according to the Raleigh News & Observer. “I really hope that someone can agree with me on that.”

Idiocy – that’s how dictatorships start.

However tempting it may be to compel lawmakers to ‘do the right thing,’ with term limits and the like, it’s still voters’ responsibility to hold lawmakers accountable. There is no quick fix or easy answer.

CaféAuLait;4198315 said:

As a way to solve the national debt crisis, North Carolina Democratic Gov. Beverly Perdue recommends suspending congressional elections for the next couple of years.

Perdue said she thinks that temporarily halting elections would allow members of Congress to focus on the economy. “You have to have more ability from Congress, I think, to work together and to get over the partisan bickering and focus on fixing things,” Perdue said.

Read more: Bev Perdue | NC Governor | Suspend Elections | Jobs | The Daily Caller

What a novel idea... :eusa_eh:

What can we expect coming from a democrat. TERM LIMITS would work much better.

In last nine months Congress has passed the Patriot Act Extension, Budget bill, and a number of bills that extend funding, mostly mandatory. Then a dozen or so bills like the following. For this we have to pay 535 congressmen, aids, staff, consultants, and other personnel 5.35 billion dollars an increase of 87% in 10 years. In 1940 the whole budget was only 20 billion. To top it off, House members have admitted that they spend half of their time campaigning. It is hard to imagine a more ineffective bunch.

To provide for an additional temporary extension of programs under the Small Business Act and the Small Business Investment Act of 1958.

To designate the United States courthouse under construction at 98 West First Street, Yuma, Arizona, as the "John M. Roll United States Courthouse". (1 page)

To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 217 West King Street, Martinsburg, West Virginia, as the "W. Craig Broadwater Federal Building and United States Courthouse".

Providing for the appointment of Stephen M. Case as a citizen regent of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution.

To amend the Ronald Reagan Centennial Commission Act to extend the termination date for the Commission, and for other purposes.

Providing for the reappointment of Shirley Ann Jackson as a citizen regent of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution.

Providing for the reappointment of Robert P. Kogod as a citizen regent of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution.

To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4865 Tallmadge Road in Rootstown, Ohio, as the "Marine Sgt. Jeremy E. Murray Post Office".

To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 95 Dogwood Street in Cary, Mississippi, as the "Spencer Byrd Powers, Jr. Post Office".

A bill to extend the term of the incumbent Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

To provide the Consumer Product Safety Commission with greater authority and discretion in enforcing the consumer product safety laws, and for other purposes.

www.congress-summary.com - Laws Passed by the 112th Congress

CNC Story | Congress' Operating Costs Skyrocket | Capitol News Connection

In last nine months Congress has passed the Patriot Act Extension, Budget bill, and a number of bills that extend funding, mostly mandatory. Then a dozen or so bills like the following. For this we have to pay 535 congressmen, aids, staff, consultants, and other personnel 5.35 billion dollars an increase of 87% in 10 years. In 1940 the whole budget was only 20 billion. To top it off, House members have admitted that they spend half of their time campaigning. It is hard to imagine a more ineffective bunch.

To provide for an additional temporary extension of programs under the Small Business Act and the Small Business Investment Act of 1958.

To designate the United States courthouse under construction at 98 West First Street, Yuma, Arizona, as the "John M. Roll United States Courthouse". (1 page)

To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 217 West King Street, Martinsburg, West Virginia, as the "W. Craig Broadwater Federal Building and United States Courthouse".

Providing for the appointment of Stephen M. Case as a citizen regent of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution.

To amend the Ronald Reagan Centennial Commission Act to extend the termination date for the Commission, and for other purposes.

Providing for the reappointment of Shirley Ann Jackson as a citizen regent of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution.

Providing for the reappointment of Robert P. Kogod as a citizen regent of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution.

To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4865 Tallmadge Road in Rootstown, Ohio, as the "Marine Sgt. Jeremy E. Murray Post Office".

To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 95 Dogwood Street in Cary, Mississippi, as the "Spencer Byrd Powers, Jr. Post Office".

A bill to extend the term of the incumbent Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

To provide the Consumer Product Safety Commission with greater authority and discretion in enforcing the consumer product safety laws, and for other purposes.

www.congress-summary.com - Laws Passed by the 112th Congress

CNC Story | Congress' Operating Costs Skyrocket | Capitol News Connection

The previous bunch was pretty ineffective in their own right also. The most effective congress would be a bunch that runs on repealing 90 percent of our worthless legislation.

Forum List

Back