NBC's editorial malpractice on Zimmerman

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
This should be a criminal investigation not an internal investigation.

NBC to do ‘internal investigation’ on Zimmerman segment - Erik Wemple - The Washington Post

As exposed by Fox News and media watchdog site NewsBusters, the “Today” segment took this approach to a key part of the dispatcher call:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

Here’s how the actual conversation went down:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.

Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.

And it’s a falsehood with repercussions. Much of the public discussion over the past week has settled on how conflicting facts and interpretations call into question whether Zimmerman acted justifiably or criminally. That’s a process that’ll continue. But one set of facts in the is ironclad, and that’s the back-and-forth between Zimmerman and the dispatcher. To portray that exchange in a way that wrongs Zimmerman is high editorial malpractice well worthy of the investigation that NBC is now mounting.

I emailed a bunch of media outlets blaiming them for creating racism and violence and I believe all of the media is responsible for getting everyone all riled up over this case.

But the editing of this call is the topper.

it's amazing how all the "mistakes" of the media help leftwing causes and in this case is possible for helping get people hurt, does the media even pretend to look for the truth anymore?

NBC has been a joke for some time now...one wonders how any REAL journalists can stand to stay there.

NBC to do ‘internal investigation’ on Zimmerman segment - Erik Wemple - The Washington Post

As exposed by Fox News and media watchdog site NewsBusters, the “Today” segment took this approach to a key part of the dispatcher call:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.

And it’s a falsehood with repercussions. Much of the public discussion over the past week has settled on how conflicting facts and interpretations call into question whether Zimmerman acted justifiably or criminally. That’s a process that’ll continue. But one set of facts in the is ironclad, and that’s the back-and-forth between Zimmerman and the dispatcher. To portray that exchange in a way that wrongs Zimmerman is high editorial malpractice well worthy of the investigation that NBC is now mounting.

Well, IMNSHO, there needs to be an investigation of our so called PRESIDENT. His comments were inappropriate, inflammatory, and unjust.

That's just nasty.

NBC has no journalistic credibility.

I emailed a bunch of media outlets blaiming them for creating racism and violence and I believe all of the media is responsible for getting everyone all riled up over this case.

But the editing of this call is the topper.

People should email news outlets and call them on bad or irresponsible reporting. I have emailed NBC... but I did so before it became a 'cause'.

Also.... I wonder how many of our liberal posters who used NBC's coverage as 'fact' to back up their claim of racism against Zimmerman will admit their error, and condemn the deliberate lie by NBC?

I also wonder how many times it will have to be pointed out to them when they continue to repeat the lie?

Forum List

Back