NBC/WSJ poll: Obama bouncing back

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
But after a five-week stretch that included bipartisan legislative achievements in the lame-duck session of Congress, mostly positive economic news and Obama’s well-received speech honoring the victims of the tragic shootings in Arizona, the political world has taken an abrupt turn in direction.

According to the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, Obama’s approval rating has surged above 50 percent; confidence in the economy also has spiked; and the Democratic Party — but not the GOP — now enjoys a net-positive rating from the American public.

Hmmmm...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41161439/ns/politics-more_politics/

Yup.....it is what it is, no dead-cat bounce here, hes made some real numbers back.

Hes triangulating- the reps fell for it and he got his Oklahoma city.....he gets the bump and that's the game yo, hes done well.

But after a five-week stretch that included bipartisan legislative achievements in the lame-duck session of Congress, mostly positive economic news and Obama’s well-received speech honoring the victims of the tragic shootings in Arizona, the political world has taken an abrupt turn in direction.

According to the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, Obama’s approval rating has surged above 50 percent; confidence in the economy also has spiked; and the Democratic Party — but not the GOP — now enjoys a net-positive rating from the American public.

Hmmmm...

NBC/WSJ poll: Obama bouncing back - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

why hmmm?

He proved to be a great head of state as it pertained to a national tragedy.
Now without a double majority, he is ablke to govern all of the people.
He gets a favorable rating from me whereas he didnt before November 2010
My vote in 2012? Depends on his opponent and it depends on the prediction of the house majorities....

More evidence that the election wasn't a rejection of Obama policy, Democratic policy, liberalism, or anything of the sort. It was a vote against the slowness of the economic recovery.

That is how you see it.

I see it as the election actually woke him up and he is now proving to independants and some republicans that he CAN triangulate.

I believe Reid and Pelosi COMBINED was the worst thing for him.

With one out of a position of control, Obama now has the lead...as he should have since his first day.

More evidence that the election wasn't a rejection of Obama policy, Democratic policy, liberalism, or anything of the sort. It was a vote against the slowness of the economic recovery.

That is how you see it.

I see it as the election actually woke him up and he is now proving to independants and some republicans that he CAN triangulate.

I believe Reid and Pelosi COMBINED was the worst thing for him.

With one out of a position of control, Obama now has the lead...as he should have since his first day.

I agree BUT, I think he gave them control and set them up....

uhm how did you get there?

Because MOST Americans aren't as ideological as the screaming pundits would have you believe. Not everyone has abandoned his own ability to reason and given that task to beck and Limbaugh.

People always vote their wallets. This mid term was all economy, not all ideology.

Hmmmm...

NBC/WSJ poll: Obama bouncing back - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

why hmmm?

He proved to be a great head of state as it pertained to a national tragedy.
Now without a double majority, he is ablke to govern all of the people.
He gets a favorable rating from me whereas he didnt before November 2010
My vote in 2012? Depends on his opponent and it depends on the prediction of the house majorities....

"Hmmmm" on my part, because with all of the cheering and backslapping happening on the right, I wouldn't have expected this significant of a bounce for Obama. ESPECIALLY, after he conceded to their wishes on extending the Bush tax cuts.

ABC/WashingtonPost, also:

2806squ.png

Last edited:
The hardest part for the Republicans is they lack a viable candidate for 2012. They will run a sacraficial candidate (Huckabee or Romney) in 2012 and hold back their better candidates (Rubio, Christie, Brown) for 2016.

The interesting contest will be the House and Senate

The hardest part for the Republicans is they lack a viable candidate for 2012. They will run a sacraficial candidate (Huckabee or Romney) in 2012 and hold back their better candidates (Rubio, Christie, Brown) for 2016.

If Obama cuts government spending and signs ObamaCare repeal I'll vote for him in 2012.

If Obama cuts government spending and signs ObamaCare repeal I'll vote for him in 2012.

Well, there's at least ONE vote for Palin in 2012, then.

First of all.....neither side wants to cut government spending....it just makes a good bumper sticker

No way ObamaCare will be repealed

Gunna miss your vote:eusa_whistle:

Obama came out of nowhere to bamboozle everyone......

uhm how did you get there?

Because MOST Americans aren't as ideological as the screaming pundits would have you believe. Not everyone has abandoned his own ability to reason and given that task to beck and Limbaugh.

People always vote their wallets. This mid term was all economy, not all ideology.

Naw.

It was a mixed bag.

Some ideology and some economy.

Forum List

Back