NBC/WSJ Poll: Don’t Look Now, But … Here Comes Trump

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
To paraphrase Rush in his interview with Hannity, the election outcome will be affected by things that haven’t happened yet. That being said, if we’ve peaked, we peaked just when early voting (a democrat invention) started. I don’t know whose idea the migrant “caravan” was, but it was an exquisitely awful idea if you’re rooting for the democrats. Not sure what they’re thinking on the blue side, but I hope they keep up the good work!

Remember when Donald Trump’s widespread unpopularity would fuel a blue wave in the midterms? Trump’s still underwater on job approval, but a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll puts Trump at his best rating as president yet, 47/49. Republican interest in the election continues to rise, with both parties hitting a new record for midterm engagement:

The Kavanaugh effect seems pretty well established now. Not only did it provide a catalyst for GOP enthusiasm, that burst hasn’t subsided with Kavanaugh’s confirmation, either. On top of that, Republicans now have a +15 advantage on the economy, the highest level ever for the GOP. Those numbers can’t look good for Democrats who have been campaigning in this cycle to make the midterms a referendum on Trump.

Even the good news for Democrats turns out to be something else, as when the WSJ notes that they’re still up by nine on the generic ballot. That turns out to be location dependent:

This mirrors a poll last week from the Washington Post and ABC News. Their poll put Democrats up 11 points on the generic ballot, but Republicans at +1 in the 66 battleground districts, also a big swing from their earlier polling. That suggests that Democratic enthusiasm intensified in districts where they were already safe, and that Republican enthusiasm has changed the election where the House majority will be determined.

(Excerpt) Read more at hotair.com ...

It was just 2 short years ago that the Dems were beating their collective chest as they recited poll results......and we know how that turned out for them. Now the Repubs are falling into the same trap. I have posted on this forum several times- the Dems will take back congress and make gains in the Senate. I stake my reputation as a Election prognosticator on it. BTW- I picked the pantsuit bulldyke to beat the giant orange clown.

Forum List

Back