NBC....Unintentional Humor

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. "Fear Factor's" intended finale episode recently vanished from TV listings. Monday night's primetime lineup originally included "Hee Haw! Hee Haw!" a season sendoff said to feature a challenge in which contestants were asked to consume -- brace yourself -- donkey semen, ..."
The Clicker - NBC pulls 'Fear Factor's' donkey semen episode

And, in a related tale....

2. "A USA Today article quotes a statement Brokaw made via NBC in response to Mitt Romney's new "History Lesson" ad. The TV spot, which began running in Florida this weekend, is mostly footage from a 1997 Nightly News report on Newt Gingrich's ethics violation. And while Brokaw is admittedly rather sassy in the footage, he doesn't appreciate having it used out of context in a campaign attack ad.

I am extremely uncomfortable with the extended use of my personal image in this political ad. I do not want my role as a journalist compromised for political gain by any campaign.

Meanwhile NBC spokesperson Lauren Kapp claims the campaign was, in fact, sent a letter demanding removal of all NBC News material from its ads. While these two play "he said, she said," perhaps Brokaw himself will somehow put a stop to this madness. If you've seen how sour this man's face gets, you know he means business.

And you do not fuck with Tom Brokaw's journalistic integrity."
New Romney Ad Makes Tom Brokaw "Extremely Uncomfortable"

3. Then there was this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzMas1bVidw]Brokaw and Rose Admit They Don't Know Much About Obama. - YouTube[/ame]

Brokaw and Rose...two of the journalism class and they didn't know squat about the ding-dong from Chicago. Nice job, fellas.

You mean "class journalism", don't you? Sort of puts the lie to the "liberal media" all being Obama cheerleaders, doesn't it?

I never really watched the show but from just watching the commercials, maybe "Fear Factor" should be re-named "Gross Out Factor"! :puke:

Brokaw and Rose...two of the journalism class and they didn't know squat about the ding-dong from Chicago. Nice job, fellas.

You mean "class journalism", don't you? Sort of puts the lie to the "liberal media" all being Obama cheerleaders, doesn't it?

Konny, you could be the poster boy for 'Political Ignorance."

The conversation in question took place October 30, 2008

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|0...harlie_Rose_and_Tom_Brokaw.mp3|0|R~0|0|0|File not found. (e029a7af)

Now, ask your social studies teacher the date of the election.

On PBS, as a 'cya' conversation....somewhat akin to the NYTimes putting retractions on page B26....

So, what your post actually proves is the gullibility of (insert your name here), and some of the public.

Our first Republican President must have had you in mind when he said:
"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

Quite the contrary. Bozos like these two, and others, knew virtually nothing about this jerk yet willingly carried his water for months. Granted, maybe some of them were concentrating too hard trying to ignore the National Enquirer's yellow brick road to John Edwards, his babe, and their bastard, so they just didn't have time to think up any who-is-this-guy questions for a relative nobody running for president.

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|0...harlie_Rose_and_Tom_Brokaw.mp3|0|R~0|0|0|File not found. (e029a7af)

On PBS, as a 'cya' conversation....somewhat akin to the NYTimes putting retractions on page B26....

So, what your post actually proves is the gullibility of (insert your name here), and some of the public.

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

Konny fainted when he read about "Donkey semen"

Absolutely wonderful post. there were so many ideas that I got from you and now I will have to happily and excitedly re-purpose my future discussion. Very well done and thank you so much for sharing such n important post. I also appreciated all the comments made by other members.

What does the date have to do with it? Maybe you're just not as smart as you think you are. If the media is as relentlessly liberal as claimed, wouldn't they be touting Obama instead? Tell me, what am I getting fooled about? I feel like I'm pointing out how others have been fooled by blanket condemnations of the media.

What does the date have to do with it? Maybe you're just not as smart as you think you are. If the media is as relentlessly liberal as claimed, wouldn't they be touting Obama instead? Tell me, what am I getting fooled about? I feel like I'm pointing out how others have been fooled by blanket condemnations of the media.

1. "What does the date have to do with it?"
They waited 'til one week before the election, and revealed that they had not vetted Barack Obama in the entire pre-election period.
Get it now?

2. "Maybe you're just not as smart as you think you are."
Not sure how smart you think I think I am....I'm merely somewhere between smart and you.

3. "If the media is as relentlessly liberal as claimed, wouldn't they be touting Obama instead?"
Who do you suppose they cheered for?

a. Newsweek editor Evan Thomas is seen by some to confirm the lack of objectivity and tendency to give undue exaltation they see the main stream media often displaying toward the new leader of the United states. Referring to his perception of the President after his recent speeches overseas, Thomas stated,
"I mean, in a way Obama's standing above the country, above the world. He's sort of God."
A Breeding Ground for Indoctrination: The American Campus

b. the Associated Press assigned 11 people to fact check all 432 pages of Sarah Palin's new book Going Rogue. The core of good journalism is holding public figures accountable. Yet, the AP did no such fact checking of books by Joe Biden, Barack Obama, Hillary and Bill Clinton, and the late Senator Ted Kennedy.
AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check', FoxNews, November 17, 2009

c. ■ More than four-fifths of surveyed journalists voted for the Democratic presidential candidate in every election between 1964 and 1976.

■ More than three-fourths of “elite journalists” (76%) said they voted for Michael Dukakis in 1988.

■ 89% of Washington-based reporters said they voted for Bill Clinton in 1992. Only seven percent voted for George Bush, with two percent choosing Ross Perot.

■ An informal survey of Washington-based journalists in the summer of 2004 found them backing John Kerry over George W. Bush by a 12-to-1 margin.

■ In 2008, 96% of staffers at the online Slate magazine said they were supporting Barack Obama for president.
Documenting the Media's Lopsided Liberal Slant

4. " I'm pointing out how others have been fooled by blanket condemnations of the media."
Perhaps you should educate yourself.

"Under the recent headline “Why McCain Is Getting Hosed in the Press,” Politico editors John F. Harris and Jim Vandehei opined:

OK, let’s just get this over with: Yes, in the closing weeks of this election, John McCain and Sarah Palin are getting hosed in the press, and at Politico. And, yes, based on a combined 35 years in the news business we’d take an educated guess — nothing so scientific as a Pew study — that Obama will win the votes of probably 80 percent or more of journalists covering the 2008 election."
Media Credibility - NYTimes.com

Last edited:

Forum List

Back