NBC Skips Islamic Conversion of Shooter, Trip to Yemen

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
Tuesday's "Today" show completely ignored two facts about a man who murdered a soldier at an Army recruiting station in Arkansas: He had just converted to Islam and was being investigated by the FBI for a trip to Yemen. Instead, NBC's Ann Curry, in anchor briefs throughout the show, vaguely explained that Abdulhakim Muhammad was "upset with the military." Both ABC and CBS mentioned the conversion and the Yemen trip.

In the 8am hour, Curry confirmed, "Police say the suspect had political and religious motives." (What kind? She didn't say.) The reporter did note that the alleged shooter would be charged "with an act of terrorism," but the rest of her comments were so vague as to be confusing. (The network journalist also never used the individual's name.) "Good Morning America" reporter Pierre Thomas, however, very clearly defined the situation. He pointed out that police say Muhammad is "a Muslim convert" and "was specifically hunting U.S. soldiers." Thomas added, "Sources tell us Muhammad had traveled to Yemen and had been arrested for allegedly carrying a fake Somali passport. Both countries are considered hotbeds of al Qaeda-inspired radical Islam."
NBC Skips Islamic Conversion of Shooter, Trip to Yemen | NewsBusters.org

Tuesday's "Today" show completely ignored two facts about a man who murdered a soldier at an Army recruiting station in Arkansas: He had just converted to Islam and was being investigated by the FBI for a trip to Yemen. Instead, NBC's Ann Curry, in anchor briefs throughout the show, vaguely explained that Abdulhakim Muhammad was "upset with the military." Both ABC and CBS mentioned the conversion and the Yemen trip.

In the 8am hour, Curry confirmed, "Police say the suspect had political and religious motives." (What kind? She didn't say.) The reporter did note that the alleged shooter would be charged "with an act of terrorism," but the rest of her comments were so vague as to be confusing. (The network journalist also never used the individual's name.) "Good Morning America" reporter Pierre Thomas, however, very clearly defined the situation. He pointed out that police say Muhammad is "a Muslim convert" and "was specifically hunting U.S. soldiers." Thomas added, "Sources tell us Muhammad had traveled to Yemen and had been arrested for allegedly carrying a fake Somali passport. Both countries are considered hotbeds of al Qaeda-inspired radical Islam."
NBC Skips Islamic Conversion of Shooter, Trip to Yemen | NewsBusters.org

wonder why he was upset with the military? could it be that MSNBC pounds the militiary atrocities nightly??? hummmmm????

How about the fact that IsLAME is a fucked up demonic theology? Allah is a fucking 'tard, may his name FOREVER be a curse.......ptooie.........

Additionally, let's look at the track record of that fucked up ideology called IsLAME. Not only do they denigrate women, but they kill themselves, as well as others, saying that there is only 1 way to God and they are the only right ones.

There are many ways to God. But killing and murder and lying are NOT the ways to go.

Many Africans in America are attracted to the Muslims beliefs.

But they didn't hesitate to cover the killing of Dr. George Tiller. He's practically being hailed as a hero.

But they didn't hesitate to cover the killing of Dr. George Tiller. He's practically being hailed as a hero.

I don't know if you noticed this or not,, but the WH issued a formal statement regarding the killing of Dr. Tiller.. None for the Soldier!

What I'm hearing is that the guy wasa recent Moslem convert who targeted victims based on that recent radical coversion.

You think there's some kind of conspiracy to black that out?

I don't know why you do, if that is the case.

It's all over the news.

I don't know why Tiller was important but the recruit was not? You have any idea? They happened within one day of each other,, both extremist acts of murder,, both founded on religious grievience and inflammatory speech about abortion and the atrocieties by American soldiers,, etc etc etc,, so you tell me why one got sympathy and the other didn't!

What I'm hearing is that the guy wasa recent Moslem convert who targeted victims based on that recent radical coversion.

You think there's some kind of conspiracy to black that out?

I don't know why you do, if that is the case.

It's all over the news.
who is claiming it's a conspiracy?
just shows the lack of respect towards the military that has been well known from many on the left

this is all most are saying

NO sane mind can deny the complete and utter bias of NBC/MSNBC on this story. An American Muslim convert kills a U.S. soldier - the story received minimal coverage, and pertinent details as to motivation were all be eliminated from the presentation.

Word is, ABC in particular is moving just a shade to center now in an attempt to be the anti-NBC network news program - ie, ABC will actually report some factual news.

Forum List

Back