NBC Report On Violent Students and the Ubiquitous "Room Clear"

Can soldiers sue drill instructors for hurting their feels?

Can they?

How often do you think kids are suing teachers over hurt feelings?

Hey, funny thing, you aren't going to see a Drill instructor use racist or misogynistic language, which is what actually IS getting some of these bad teachers in trouble.

So are these drill instructor teachers going to beat the ever loving shit out of misbehaving kids or just yell at them until they shape up? Cuz either way, the PC rules that govern our institutions won't allow for either tactic.

I agree that drugging kids is a huge problem but I don't see how higher salaries for teachers is going to improve the behavior of kids who have shit parents.

Well, you might get a higher caliber of teacher that way other than a glorified Day-Care worker like Sue.

Sue seems like a nice lady. Nice ladies are the type most likely to want to be teachers in the first place. Should we replace them with army drill instructors?

I try to be a nice lady, thank you. Joe makes it really difficult.

FWIW I'm an award winning teacher, nationally published, among the top 3% in my large, well-performing district by evaluation over the last many years.

But of course, Joe must Joe.

So are these drill instructor teachers going to beat the ever loving shit out of misbehaving kids or just yell at them until they shape up? Cuz either way, the PC rules that govern our institutions won't allow for either tactic.

Okay, whatever, guy... I'm pretty sure that a DI teacher is going to intimidate those kids a lot more than Ms. Whiny in the OP.

FWIW I'm an award winning teacher, nationally published, among the top 3% in my large, well-performing district by evaluation over the last many years.

If your ability to be a decent human being is dependent on what a total stranger says on the internet, that's on you.

I do this for entertainment. When I sign off, I'll go back to being me... and it'll have no effect on how I do my job.

I'm sure that you are the leper with the most fingers, but the awful state of Public Education today, that's really not saying much.

Okay, whatever, guy... I'm pretty sure that a DI teacher is going to intimidate those kids a lot more than Ms. Whiny in the OP.

If your ability to be a decent human being is dependent on what a total stranger says on the internet, that's on you.

I do this for entertainment. When I sign off, I'll go back to being me... and it'll have no effect on how I do my job.

I'm sure that you are the leper with the most fingers, but the awful state of Public Education today, that's really not saying much.

These kids who destroy classrooms just arent so easily intimidated. They learned from their parents that adult's threats are nothing but hot air.

These kids who destroy classrooms just arent so easily intimidated. They learned from their parents that adult's threats are nothing but hot air.

First, how often is this actually happening? My guess is, not very. It's amazing you guys who don't trust the media when they tell us verbatim exactly what Trump says are willing to buy the report in the OP at face value.

So a bit of humor.

Little Billy was a problem child. So eventually, his parents got fed up and sent him to a Catholic School.

After a few weeks, his behavior improved and his grades got better.

When his parents asked him why, he replied, "When I saw that guy they nailed to the cross, I knew they weren't fucking around!"

First, how often is this actually happening? My guess is, not very. It's amazing you guys who don't trust the media when they tell us verbatim exactly what Trump says are willing to buy the report in the OP at face value.

I didnt even read the article. I just know how bad some kids can be. I've had to cut off friendships with a lot of folks in my age range because they just let their kids go absolutely ape shit and don't seem to see anything wrong with it. In the face of absolute chaos it's like they become selectively deaf and blind. Never underestimate a kid who has no fear of repercussions for his or her actions.

This has been happening for some time: rather than remove the violent student--who we cannot touch--the entire class must vacate their classroom. And their learning, of course. Sometimes several times a week, sometimes for up to thirty minutes+ at a time.

This is the direct repercussions of EVERYONE overreacting to the very few REALLY BAD teachers who are out there. So because a few really bad teachers have horribly abused or restrained their students, we cannot stop a student physically from completely destroying a classroom. We must stand by and watch until he/she has burned out their rage.

And the teacher shortage continues apace.

BTW, this thread will not be complete until Old Lady comes here to scold me about not loving my Special Needs students. Right. Because if you love them, you will let them destroy property, hurt other children and etc.

Obviously you will not hold them to higher standards.

Oh FFS. You really need to get over yourself. Look at you weakly trying to bait someone to your OP.
Based on your comments, you have to be the most obtuse, negative and spiteful teacher I have ever run across.

That's probably because you were one of those students that teacher's prayed would be absent on a daily basis.

Forum List

Back