NBA dress code racist

Trigg

Oct 26, 2004
midwest
Almost every place of employment has a dress code, so I don't see a problem with this one. Obviously they're trying to clean up the leagues image after the fights last year. It's certainly not racist IMO. If they keep "crying wolf" all of the time over rediculous things the real racism is going to be ignored as more whining.

- Indiana guard Stephen Jackson believes the NBA’s new ban on bling-bling is racially motivated, but says he will abide by the rules.

The NBA has announced that a dress code will go into effect at the start of the season. Players will be required to wear business-casual attire when involved in team or league business. They can’t wear visible chains, pendants or medallions over their clothes.

Jackson, who is black, said the NBA’s new rule about jewelry targets young black males because chains are associated with hip-hop culture, and he said the league is afraid of becoming “too hip-hop.” In protest, he wore four chains to the Pacers’ exhibition game against San Antonio on Tuesday night.

Boston Celtics star Paul Pierce agreed that the new rule targeted young, black players.

“When I saw the part about chains, hip hop and throwback jerseys, I think that’s part of our culture,” Pierce said. “The NBA is young black males.”

I guarantee they'll spend their time pissing and moaning, but won't actually quit in protest of this racist move they the MAN. After all where else are they going to make such megga bucks???? :blah2:

They obviously haven't seen how European Soccer and Basketball teams travel. Dressed sharp - suits, ties, jackets have the team crest/emblem embroidered on it.

It is a matter of pride. They represent their city, their team.

I wonder..has any team owner/coach come out and said they don't agree with it?

GotZoom said:
They obviously haven't seen how European Soccer and Basketball teams travel. Dressed sharp - suits, ties, jackets have the team crest/emblem embroidered on it.

It's not about hip-hop or race or looking responsible or pride or anything. It's about the league making money. The throwbacks and chains made it cool and made them some money, but it also lead to everyone saying the NBA is a bunch of thugs whenever there is a fight. Now, the throw-backs and chains that made the game hip and cool and made the league money are being used against them.

I saw a guy on Leno this week talking about this..

I don’t know his name, I’m not a Bassitt ball fan.

Anyway, he was either a current older player or retired but still involved player.
He was black. He supported this 100%..As he said, the young black kids emulate what they see, and you just can't dress this way and expect to go out and get a job.

GotZoom said:

Cuban of the Mavs. Of course he wears T-shirt and jeans every day. So he's upset that he'll have to wear a polo shirt now.

insein said:
Cuban of the Mavs. Of course he wears T-shirt and jeans every day. So he's upset that he'll have to wear a polo shirt now.

And he's filthy rich. Frustrating.

I for one could care less what the pros wear or do...don't watch pro sports..I reserve myself to College or H.S. sports where the kids go out and have fun for the games sake...yeah I know you will say they are just prepping for the pro's...does not matter to me I just like amateurs perform rather than so called pro's! :cool:

The ClayTaurus said:
It's not about hip-hop or race or looking responsible or pride or anything. It's about the league making money. The throwbacks and chains made it cool and made them some money, but it also lead to everyone saying the NBA is a bunch of thugs whenever there is a fight. Now, the throw-backs and chains that made the game hip and cool and made the league money are being used against them.

Clay,
Please don't tell me that you think the incredibly silly way hip hop people dress is cool. The hats on sideways the oversized pants falling down, gold teeth, the assinine tacky jewelry and chains, ugly sunglasses. . . even when taken out of the ghetto and handed piles of cash for doing NOTHING but talking about themselves over stolen melodies these clowns dress and act the same, they just pay alot more for the tasteless clothes.

I won't even go into how they trash cars up. Back in the old days this was called ****** rigging, I just call it screwing up a good automobile with tasteless crap. :puke: :puke3: :bang3: :blowup:

sitarro said:
Clay,
Please don't tell me that you think the incredibly silly way hip hop people dress is cool. The hats on sideways the oversized pants falling down, gold teeth, the assinine tacky jewelry and chains, ugly sunglasses. . . even when taken out of the ghetto and handed piles of cash for doing NOTHING but talking about themselves over stolen melodies these clowns dress and act the same, they just pay alot more for the tasteless clothes.

I won't even go into how they trash cars up. Back in the old days this was called ****** rigging, I just call it screwing up a good automobile with tasteless crap. :puke: :puke3: :bang3: :blowup:

I didn't say that. What I said was, the NBA was capitalizing off of the fact that a lot of people DO think that's cool. It was an image that they used to increase their revenues. Now, it's backfired on them.

sitarro said:
Clay,

I actually saw a Porsche 911 that was painted an ugly wet purple with gold trim and spinners(also gold)sticking out of the wheelwells and lowered. It was sacreligious!

sitarro said:
I actually saw a Porsche 911 that was painted an ugly wet purple with gold trim and spinners(also gold)sticking out of the wheelwells and lowered. It was sacreligious!

Where do you live?

Trigg said:
Almost every place of employment has a dress code, so I don't see a problem with this one. Obviously they're trying to clean up the leagues image after the fights last year. It's certainly not racist IMO. If they keep "crying wolf" all of the time over rediculous things the real racism is going to be ignored as more whining.

- Indiana guard Stephen Jackson believes the NBA’s new ban on bling-bling is racially motivated, but says he will abide by the rules.

The NBA has announced that a dress code will go into effect at the start of the season. Players will be required to wear business-casual attire when involved in team or league business. They can’t wear visible chains, pendants or medallions over their clothes.

Jackson, who is black, said the NBA’s new rule about jewelry targets young black males because chains are associated with hip-hop culture, and he said the league is afraid of becoming “too hip-hop.” In protest, he wore four chains to the Pacers’ exhibition game against San Antonio on Tuesday night.

Boston Celtics star Paul Pierce agreed that the new rule targeted young, black players.

“When I saw the part about chains, hip hop and throwback jerseys, I think that’s part of our culture,” Pierce said. “The NBA is young black males.”

Obviously clueless here hasn't heard of bikers who predate thug chain-wearing by decades.

They think it's racist because Basketball is a black majority sport. Once again, blacks are the only people still making racism an excuse for laws, or bad treatment. They need to get the hell over it, it's 2005 now, jeez.

The ClayTaurus said:
Where do you live?

This car was in downtown Denver, I came very close to throwing up. It reminded me of the Porsche in the movie "Bachelor Party" only worse, this person actually spent a lot of money and nodoubt thought that it looked "fly".

Mr. P said:
I saw a guy on Leno this week talking about this..

I don’t know his name, I’m not a Bassitt ball fan.

Anyway, he was either a current older player or retired but still involved player.
He was black. He supported this 100%..As he said, the young black kids emulate what they see, and you just can't dress this way and expect to go out and get a job.

bull--just tell the young black kids to close their eyes.

Forum List

Back