NBA commissioner lays down law, says players will stand

Yes, if you believe in the US Constitution, you're a douchebag.

The Constitution prevents an owner from telling his players how to behave on the court or on the field?

Leftwing loons don't understand that the Constitutional rights are limits on the federal government. No one is suggesting these anthem protesters be punished by the government. They are just upset that people are rejecting their protest. They don't have an issue with going after people for their political beliefs, unless they are progressives of course. Remember when the Confederate statue protest happened? The left found the identity of some of the protesters and got them fired from their jobs, and leftist A-holes here cheered. Now suddenly putting the financial squeeze on NFL millionaires is "unconstitutional".

Actually those you're insulting, while you demand respect, probably do understand this.

However if you believe in Human Rights, you would probably believe that Human Rights are applicable to everyone. That everyone benefits from them and that everyone respects them.

To turn around and say you're patriotic and then turn against the principles of free speech would be rather bizarre. That's not to say that everyone has the right to say whatever they like, whenever they like, however it's about respecting people's right to say what they want to say.

I respect the NFL player's right to protest, and I respect the right of white Middle Class fans to throw their tickets away in disgust. What I would like to see is less of this trying to force everyone into some sort of patriotic nonsense so that we all do what the right wants.

The right would have seen the Civil Rights movement destroyed and claiming those protesting were "un-American", history repeats itself.

The Confederates were committing treason, and yet "patriots" go around flying the flag of TREASON and make justifications for why it's not treason. At the same time they demand respect for their views, while at no time giving respect back.

I have demanded nothing. I simply state the facts and my opinion.

Human rights? Are human rights applicable to the unborn? I have a feeling you will pull a 180 on that one.

Another bullshit argument. I am not "against free speech". You seem to think because I disrespect the statement, that makes me "against free speech". You're full of it.

No one is forcing everyone into "patriotic nonsense". If players want to disrespect the flag and be unpatriotic, then they can reap the consequences of that. Personally I'd like to see those people leave the country if they hate it here so much.

People identify and use the Confederate flag because that is their heritage. Funny you bring that up since the people disrespecting the US flag and anthem could be viewed as being "treasonous" just like Confederates are. Far left regressive want California to secede from the US. Looks like you are all in the same boat as the Confederates were.

No, Human Rights aren't applicable to the unborn. The manner in which people have seen humans over the course of the development of Human Rights has been from the day they are born. Also, children have limited rights too, but also limited responsibilities.

But then, let's try you on a 180 degree.

Does SPERM have Human Rights? It's alive.
What about animals? Do animals have rights? They're alive. But yet they suffer from mass slaughter on a daily basis.

I think that there are a lot of people on forums like this who would do away with the rights of others that they don't find convenient for their own agenda.

Yes, you people are forcing people into "patriotic nonsense". The fact that you say "I'd like to see those people leave the country if they hate it here so much." as they typical sort of attitude of people on the right who demand patriotic allegiance, but the patriotism is THEIR FORM of patriotism.

Who loves America 100%? Probably some of the rich people who understand the impact of poverty on their ability to make money and they don't have to put up with the ghettos, and they don't have to care about the people. But for anyone who lives in reality without walls to protect their home, and guards looking after them, there is a lot about America not to like.

I asked such a question and no one had the balls to say how much they loved America.

But please, quantify your love of America into a percentage.

People say "the flag and anthem represent the military, if you protest the flag or anthem you're protesting the servicemen and women who died for this country", that's nonsense. It's just forcing people to accept your way, or they're a bad person if they do this. It happens all the time. After the Iraq War it was a big thing.

People identify and associate with the Confederate flag because it's about treason, it's about being different. But it's still treason. Parts of California might want to leave the union, that's not treason. Picking up arms and fighting against the govt is treason. It's funny how you can't see this.

Yes, if you believe in the US Constitution, you're a douchebag.

I have no doubt you actually believe that statement.

Thank you for showing your true colors.

And with your statement you know what I was saying and how I was saying it. But you're not interested in debate, you're interested in scoring points.

Typical liberal. No sense of humor whatsoever.

Oh, now you know me huh? There's a difference between having a sense of humor, and thinking you're funny.

Let's see what LeBron does, pretty sure he's a rabid douchebag liberal.

Anytime he opens is yap about politics, it makes him look more uneducated each and every time.

He said Trump is trying to use sports to divide us. What? Trump didn't draw first blood--the players did. They are trying to divide America--not Trump.

Says someone who can't even read through people's posts. Can't manage to read through a post and figure out what the points of the post are and reply accordingly.

It's funny how many people on this forum struggle to read, have no comprehension of what an argument is, or how to make one, and then they bitch other people out for looking uneducated.

Imagine what could be accomplished if people were as concerned by things that actually mattered as they are over who was and was not standing up during their special song.

NBA reminds players, coaches they must stand for national anthem

However the NFL owners are too scared to do the same................ They will though, when seats are empty and the last jersey has been burned
Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk too scared to respond huh? or you know how serious this is now
Imagine what could be accomplished if people were as concerned by things that actually mattered as they are over who was and was not standing up during their special song.
LOL, imagine if the people kneeling for my special song actually did something to make the World a better place instead of just kneeling during my special song.

Yea dude u mak sense to subone

LOL, imagine if the people kneeling for my special song actually did something to make the World a better place instead of just kneeling during my special song.

I really feel sorry for whoever it is that ties your shoes for you in the morning.

Let's see if there are any empty seats at stadiums tomorrow. The double-chins generally eat cheetos and watch at home. Or, perhaps they'll have gear burning parties in the parking lot before the game, a tailgate roast.

Probably what will happen is most players will stand for the anthem like they have been and all the whiners will cry 'we've won' we can watch again and the whole thing is like the Confederate statues issue that has already been forgotten by cons.

Let's see if there are any empty seats at stadiums tomorrow. The double-chins generally eat cheetos and watch at home. Or, perhaps they'll have gear burning parties in the parking lot before the game, a tailgate roast.

Probably what will happen is most players will stand for the anthem like they have been and all the whiners will cry 'we've won' we can watch again and the whole thing is like the Confederate statues issue that has already been forgotten by cons.
We will also see who burns jerseys in the parking lots......................

I really feel sorry for whoever it is that ties your shoes for you in the morning.
I feel sorry for your mother who had her vagina cut off.......................

BnNMXx-IIAAh6Te.jpg
Another look into the mind of a Trumptard. It's like a coloring book with random scribbling all over it.

I feel sorry for your mother who had her vagina cut off.......................

BnNMXx-IIAAh6Te.jpg
Another look into the mind of a Trumptard. It's like a coloring book with random scribbling all over it.

Now that was a highly un-educational post, did your Mommy help you?

Bar to hold NFL merchandise burning party this weekend

WILDER, KY (FOX19) -

A Northern Kentucky bar is holding an NFL merchandise burning party this weekend to protest the national anthem controversy.

"The FIRST local BURNING of any and all NFL Merchandise against the NFL!!" is scheduled noon to 4 p.m. Sunday at Top 10 Sports Bar, according to its Facebook page.

"This is to protest the anti-American, anti-US Military, and anti-First Responder stance of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, along with various anti-American NFL players and owners across the league," the bar's Facebook page states.

"Patriotic Americans are FED UP and are demanding it STOP!!"

"The patrons of the Top 10 Sports Bar are extremely patriotic, and like MOST Americans, have HAD ENOUGH of the disrespect the NFL has shown our beloved American flag and our National Anthem!"

Sunday's event will feature, according to the bar's Facebook page, a "mass burning of NFL jerseys and NFL merchandise to protest the anti-American stance of both the NFL, and many of its players. Politics has NO PLACE in professional sports and the American people have had ENOUGH!!"

The bar also will dole out various prizes and drink specials "for any patriotic American who brings an NFL item to burn in protest! Please wear Patriotic Apparel as well.

"GOD BLESS AMERICA!!"

The bar is located at 1412 Gloria Terrell Dr.

Wilder fire officials said Friday they have reached out to the state fire marshal's office to make sure the event won't violate any laws.

"They called us for a burning permit earlier and we told them it was OK as long as they keep it in a barrel, but are checking now to make sure they can burn jerseys," said Wilder Fire Chief Jim Profitt.

WILDER, KY (FOX19) -

A Northern Kentucky bar is holding an NFL merchandise burning party this weekend to protest the national anthem controversy.

"The FIRST local BURNING of any and all NFL Merchandise against the NFL!!" is scheduled noon to 4 p.m. Sunday at Top 10 Sports Bar, according to its Facebook page.

"This is to protest the anti-American, anti-US Military, and anti-First Responder stance of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, along with various anti-American NFL players and owners across the league," the bar's Facebook page states.

"Patriotic Americans are FED UP and are demanding it STOP!!"

"The patrons of the Top 10 Sports Bar are extremely patriotic, and like MOST Americans, have HAD ENOUGH of the disrespect the NFL has shown our beloved American flag and our National Anthem!"

Sunday's event will feature, according to the bar's Facebook page, a "mass burning of NFL jerseys and NFL merchandise to protest the anti-American stance of both the NFL, and many of its players. Politics has NO PLACE in professional sports and the American people have had ENOUGH!!"

The bar also will dole out various prizes and drink specials "for any patriotic American who brings an NFL item to burn in protest! Please wear Patriotic Apparel as well.

"GOD BLESS AMERICA!!"

The bar is located at 1412 Gloria Terrell Dr.

Wilder fire officials said Friday they have reached out to the state fire marshal's office to make sure the event won't violate any laws.

"They called us for a burning permit earlier and we told them it was OK as long as they keep it in a barrel, but are checking now to make sure they can burn jerseys," said Wilder Fire Chief Jim Profitt.

LOL Yes I'm sure these local little angry parties where they are burning their NFL panties will spring up here and there. The best part is they are posting these videos on youtube and they are funny as hell. "I hate YOU so I'm burning the shit I bought from YOU so I feel better."

Yes that always works out well. I've actually done this. I was really angry at the trees in the forest one weekend so I cut a bunch of their kind up and tossed them in the fire. My cat really thought it was a good idea as he parked in front of it all night.

Forum List

Back