Nazis & Liberals

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
"We ask that the government undertake the obligation above all of providing citizens with adequate opportunity for employment and earning a living. The activities of the individual must not be allowed to clash with the interests of the community, but must take place within its confines and be for the good of all. Therefore, we demand: … an end to the power of the financial interests. We demand profit sharing in big business. We demand a broad extension of care for the aged. We demand … the greatest possible consideration of small business in the purchases of national, state, and municipal governments. In order to make possible to every capable and industrious [citizen] the attainment of higher education and thus the achievement of a post of leadership, the government must provide an all-around enlargement of our entire system of public education … We demand the education at government expense of gifted children of poor parents … The government must undertake the improvement of public health – by protecting mother and child, by prohibiting child labor … by the greatest possible support for all clubs concerned with the physical education of youth. We combat the … materialistic spirit within and without us, and are convinced that a permanent recovery of our people can only proceed from within on the foundation of the common good before the individual good."

– From the political program of the Nazi Party, adopted in Munich, February 24, 1920

LIBERALS and NAZIS (Send this to your left wing acquaintances)

And from the text itself:

"We demand ruthless battle against those who harm the common good by their activities. Persons committing base crimes against the People, usurers, profiteers, etc., are to be punished by death without regard of religion or race.
19. We demand the replacement of Roman Law, which serves a materialistic World Order, by German Law.
20. In order to make higher education—and thereby entry into leading positions—available to every able and industrious German, the State must provide a thorough restructuring of our entire public educational system. The courses of study at all educational institutions are to be adjusted to meet the requirements of practical life. Understanding of the concept of the State must be achieved through the schools (teaching of civics) at the earliest age at which it can be grasped. We demand the education at the public expense of specially gifted children of poor parents, without regard to the latter’s position or occupation.
21. The State must raise the level of national health by means of mother-and-child care, the banning of juvenile labor, achievement of physical fitness through legislation for compulsory gymnastics and sports, and maximum support for all organizations providing physical training for young people."

Kinda spooky, huh?

http://users.stlcc.edu/rkalfus/PDFs/026.pdf

While I see where you're coming from.... Can I just state - for the record - that linking either of our political parties to Nazism is distasteful. It serves no real purpose other than to score partisan points - and, in my opinion, we should not link our parties to a regime that murdered millions of people.

• Banned
Truth isn't distasteful.

They support people who kill the innocent and weak, either deliberately or ignorantly. There are absolute parallels.

Goodwins' law sinks you.

I also know and sort of agree with where you are coming from, but Hitler and his organization are pretty much unique. It is important to understand the circumstances and the ideology, but glib comparisons, even when justified, defeat the bigger point.

The path from good intentions to Auschwitz is a long and tortuous one. One does not start out with the idea of mass murder to improve society, but quite often that is where people end up.

Certain attitudes, if the logic is followed without check, lead to Pol Pot, Stalin and Hitler. However each of them are unique, and understanding the flaws in the beginning, prevents us from going too far later.

Long before Stalin people predicted the labor camps under communism. They were reviled as fools and dupes. the logic of the system leads from one to the other. But often, the system stops before it gets there.

So making your average liberal goof to be the equivalent of Himmler is self defeating.

You know, I like Babble even though her IQ is lower than that of the chicken who is going on my rotisserie tonight.

You are HARDLY one to talk about low IQ. Do you still argue that cities aren't required to enforce federal law? Just for example?

Interestingly enough, there was an evangelical conservative named David Barton sho thinks we should "regulate homosexuality".

David Barton, an evangelical and social conservative well known for his somewhat revisionist history and appearances on Glenn Beck's show, yesterday took the opportunity on his radio show to ask that age-old question: "Why don't we regulate homosexuality?"

Barton was talking about the government's involvement in the health of the American people: "We have a Department of Health and Human Services; we have health care bills; we have health insurance and we're trying to stop all unhealthy things so we're going after transfats and we're going after transparency in labeling to make sure we get all the healthy stuff in there."

Newsvine - Top Evangelical David Barton: Maybe Government Should 'Regulate Homosexuality'

What are these "compassionate conservatives" planning on, a concentration camp for gays?

Nope, sorry, the latest rantings of the conservatives sound more like the OP than what I've heard from the liberals.

We know based on what has been said by Obama's administration to the UN, he regards the US' human rights record as no better than any other country's. So you have to question whether he knows oppression and loss of freedom when he sees it.

You know, I like Babble even though her IQ is lower than that of the chicken who is going on my rotisserie tonight.

You are HARDLY one to talk about low IQ. Do you still argue that cities aren't required to enforce federal law? Just for example?

Yep, when it comes to intellectually challenged statements. Ravi apparently believes that grocery stores in the UK lied when they confessed to selling halal meat that was not labeled as halal meat.

Yep, when it comes to intellectually challenged statements. Ravi apparently believes that grocery stores in the UK lied when they confessed to selling halal meat that was not labeled as halal meat.

Don't you have that backwards? Because "halal" is the Islamic equivalent of kosher for Jews.

Do you mean they were selling meat labeled "halal" when in fact it was regular slaughterhouse meat?

You rotisserie?

Go to the food forum and share!!!! And put up a pic, I want to see what a home rotisserie looks like.
Hop to it, girl!

Don't you have that backwards? Because "halal" is the Islamic equivalent of kosher for Jews.

Do you mean they were selling meat labeled "halal" when in fact it was regular slaughterhouse meat?

Wow that's like a mental twister...I can't figure out if the stores were selling halal meat but they hadn't labeled it...or they were selling non-halal meat as halal when it wasn't.

"We ask that the government undertake the obligation above all of providing citizens with adequate opportunity for employment and earning a living. The activities of the individual must not be allowed to clash with the interests of the community, but must take place within its confines and be for the good of all. Therefore, we demand: … an end to the power of the financial interests. We demand profit sharing in big business. We demand a broad extension of care for the aged. We demand … the greatest possible consideration of small business in the purchases of national, state, and municipal governments. In order to make possible to every capable and industrious [citizen] the attainment of higher education and thus the achievement of a post of leadership, the government must provide an all-around enlargement of our entire system of public education … We demand the education at government expense of gifted children of poor parents … The government must undertake the improvement of public health – by protecting mother and child, by prohibiting child labor … by the greatest possible support for all clubs concerned with the physical education of youth. We combat the … materialistic spirit within and without us, and are convinced that a permanent recovery of our people can only proceed from within on the foundation of the common good before the individual good."

– From the political program of the Nazi Party, adopted in Munich, February 24, 1920

"We demand ruthless battle against those who harm the common good by their activities. Persons committing base crimes against the People, usurers, profiteers, etc., are to be punished by death without regard of religion or race.
19. We demand the replacement of Roman Law, which serves a materialistic World Order, by German Law.
20. In order to make higher education—and thereby entry into leading positions—available to every able and industrious German, the State must provide a thorough restructuring of our entire public educational system. The courses of study at all educational institutions are to be adjusted to meet the requirements of practical life. Understanding of the concept of the State must be achieved through the schools (teaching of civics) at the earliest age at which it can be grasped. We demand the education at the public expense of specially gifted children of poor parents, without regard to the latter’s position or occupation.
21. The State must raise the level of national health by means of mother-and-child care, the banning of juvenile labor, achievement of physical fitness through legislation for compulsory gymnastics and sports, and maximum support for all organizations providing physical training for young people."

Kinda spooky, huh?

Don't you think it's rather odd that conservatives are perceived as:

Anti gay

Anti women's rights

Anti Atheist

Anti Black

Anti Muslim

Anti Hispanic

Anti education

Anti science

Seems more like Fascism than Fascism.

You know lying is a sin, right? I guess we know where you'll be next Saturday afternoon.

:thup:

If it was as cornhog wrote it, there should be no problem.

Kosher and halal are pretty equivlent. It means the knife was sharp, there are no blood products, and you aren't getting cuts of meat back of the hip.

Even if you aren't jewish or Muslim, halal would be premium.

complaining about getting it would be like complaining about getting an extra 10% product on your order.

No. Apparently in England the grocers sell halal meat that isn't labeled as halal meat. CG thinks this is to benefit Muslims. I think it is for some other reason, probably monetary.

Muslims aren't going to buy meat that isn't label halal, so not labeling it doesn't benefit Muslims.

I suspect they buy halal meat because it is cheaper overall (not stunning the animals saves money). And they don't label it as halal because thousands and thousands of people, like CG, would pee their pants in fear that a Muslim guy blessed their meat. :eek:

You rotisserie?

Go to the food forum and share!!!! And put up a pic, I want to see what a home rotisserie looks like.
Hop to it, girl!
What? A weber kettle sells an optional rotisserie part...I can't believe you've never seen one.

Certified non halal: The animal was tortured to death, there is blood over everything, and you are getting the lowest quality cuts of the back legs. And the meat cutting area is filthy.

I wouldn't want to see that on a package

Kinda spooky, huh?

Don't you think it's rather odd that conservatives are perceived as:

Anti gay

Anti women's rights

Anti Atheist

Anti Black

Anti Muslim

Anti Hispanic

Anti education

Anti science

Seems more like Fascism than Fascism.

Naw. Perception and reality are two different things.

Democrats are anti-female...look how they act about Palin. Read Madeline's reams of posts about what a terrible human she is for being on the road instead of staying in her house with her child. See how democrats support governments and idealogies that result in genocides, terrorism, abduction, murder, oppression of females. Democrats were slave owners when we still had slaves, and fought a war to preserve their right to maintain slaves. Democrats purport that poor black people are too stupid to know what they're doing, or they would NEVER vote republican. Democrats suggest that the children of poor people are less intelligent, less valuable, and suspect when held against the children of their own class.

Democrats support the stifling of free speech for Christians, while pouring money into organizations which celebrate and encourage homosexuality, childhood promiscuity, and and Imam on every street corner.
So while you claim to perceive the right as something, as we all know, your perceptions have zero to do with reality.

Forum List

Back