NAYGINS back in, so is it Chocolate time??

Working Man

Aug 22, 2004
Old Ray, had a lot to say, and say he did, so now he is da man!!! Again.

52% of the vote.

So be it. If that is what the people of the area want, then they should have it.

His racial comments were not appreciated, but to some extent I know why he said them. And as far as his leadership goes,, there is plenty of blame for the rest of the over paid Aholes who were/are charged with the public's well being during the crisis that struck the area.. All the way from New Orleans, right up to Washington D.C.

Good luck Ray.

I know why he said them, too. He's a pandering jackass politician who knows that emotional rhetoric will score enough points with this demographic to gloss over the colossal fuckups that occured under his watch (not that the state and feds had nothing to do with it).

As a person from New Orleans, I have to say I'm glad Nagin won the race.

Sure, he might not always say the right thing, but compared to his opponent, Mitch Landrieu, I'm happy. Mitch Landrieu is, obviously, a member of the Landrieu clan. The Landrieus are the political dynasty of Lousisana. The last white mayor of New Orleans was a Landrieu, one of the Senators several members of the state legislature, various departments and city councils all have Landrieus. However, unlike other political dynasties, like the Kennedys or the Bushes, the Landrieus have done nothing good for their constituents. Each one lives off the family name and corrupts the governing process. I can't think of one thing any of them has done to deserve the power they wield. The Landrieus are among the most corrupt group of people in this country. Its because of people like the Landrieus that New Orleans and Louisiana are so poor and why Katrina was so destructive. The Landrieus have been slowly eating the state alive. Nagin, however, is/was new to the political arena. He was the only mayor to even attempt to seriously fight corruption in the city. For all his problems, Nagin was undoubtably the best mayor New Orleans had in decades. For too long, two bit shills like the Landrieus were incharge. They are responsible for what happened in Katrina, Nagin had only begun to fix the problems they created. Electing Mitch Landrieu would have been the kiss of death for New Orleans I am glad that Nagin won.

I saw his speech tonight, it seemed sincere. He said he learned from the Katrina mistakes. He didn't, and doesn't sound like a polished politician so
I will give him a chance, and only time will tell.

I have to admit I was proud of him to thank President Bush for keeping his word for help that he gave to him.

So go Mayor Nagin and do good things...

I'm with Mr Conley here, I'm glad that ANOTHER Landrieu didn't get in.
That family is corrupt too the bone......

Stephanie said:
I saw his speech tonight, it seemed sincere. He said he learned from the Katrina mistakes. He didn't, and doesn't sound like a polished politician so
I will give him a chance, and only time will tell.

I have to admit I was proud of him to thank President Bush for keeping his word for help that he gave to him.

So go Mayor Nagin and do good things...

I'm with Mr Conley here, I'm glad that ANOTHER Landrieu didn't get in.
That family is corrupt too the bone......

Nagin seems like the lesser of two evils here, which is the way I feel I am voting most of the time anyway.

Mr.Conley said:
As a person from New Orleans, I have to say I'm glad Nagin won the race.

Sure, he might not always say the right thing, but compared to his opponent, Mitch Landrieu, I'm happy. Mitch Landrieu is, obviously, a member of the Landrieu clan. The Landrieus are the political dynasty of Lousisana. The last white mayor of New Orleans was a Landrieu, one of the Senators several members of the state legislature, various departments and city councils all have Landrieus. However, unlike other political dynasties, like the Kennedys or the Bushes, the Landrieus have done nothing good for their constituents. Each one lives off the family name and corrupts the governing process. I can't think of one thing any of them has done to deserve the power they wield. The Landrieus are among the most corrupt group of people in this country. Its because of people like the Landrieus that New Orleans and Louisiana are so poor and why Katrina was so destructive. The Landrieus have been slowly eating the state alive. Nagin, however, is/was new to the political arena. He was the only mayor to even attempt to seriously fight corruption in the city. For all his problems, Nagin was undoubtably the best mayor New Orleans had in decades. For too long, two bit shills like the Landrieus were incharge. They are responsible for what happened in Katrina, Nagin had only begun to fix the problems they created. Electing Mitch Landrieu would have been the kiss of death for New Orleans I am glad that Nagin won.

Please list on the space provided all the good things the Kennedy's have done for their constituancy other than promote Gay Marriage in Mass.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nagin is no worse than most Metro mayor's and I agree that it has to be better than another Landrieus being in power. He does need to hire a swifty speech writer and stick to what they write. Emotion can get you in trouble.

Please list on the space provided all the good things the Kennedy's have done for their constituancy other than promote Gay Marriage in Mass.
They've kept all those pesky alternative energy resources for messing up thier ocean view! :teeth:

I'm happy that Nagin defeated Mitch.

I'm just sad that the people of New Orleans decided to narrow it down to those 2 choices.

But Nagin will be much better for LA than Mitch.

Yes I still live in the lovely state of Louisiana

Forum List

Back