Navy's unmanned 'Silver Fox' hot on tail of border smugglers

Contessa_Sharra

Searcher for Accuracy
Apr 27, 2008
Navy's unmanned 'Silver Fox' hot on tail of border smugglers - General News

In an effort to stop smugglers and terrorists from entering the U.S. through underground tunnel systems at the Canada and Mexico borders, the federal government has begun using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles fitted with tunnel detection sensors. The machine of choice for the bird’s eye first responder is the product of the Office of Naval Research: it is the Silver Fox.

Like the majestic Bald Eagle itself watching over America, the Silver Fox has proven to be a reliable autonomous aerial surveillance system capable of atmospheric sensing, radiogradiometer tunnel detection, and hyperspectral, stereoscopic and thermal imagery collection. In simple terms, the Silver Fox is the all seeing eye in the sky.

Adding to a growing list of military designed UAVs including the Predator, Global Hawk, Maverick and Raven, the Silver Fox is just another example of the cutting edge technology being developed in the interest of national security.

White House OKs expanding CIA drone program in Pakistan - CNN.com

Washington (CNN) -- The White House has authorized an expansion of the CIA's program to attack suspected al Qaeda and Taliban operatives in Pakistan along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border with missiles shot from pilotless planes, a U.S. official confirms.

The covert effort is part of the Obama administration's plan to increase the number of U.S. military forces in Afghanistan and crack down on suspected terrorists in the region.

will be cool when the whole army is just robots so kids don't have to die to keep exxon mobile and BPs profits high

will be cool when the whole army is just robots so kids don't have to die to keep exxon mobile and BPs profits high

can you say volunteer? I bet you can't! :lol::lol::lol:

So if a patriotic young man or woman joins the military their lives should not be considered precious? We should just use them for cannon fodder?

he used the words "have to die" no one makes them join, serve, or die. it's all voluntary, and no one mentioned precious now did they?

So if a patriotic young man or woman joins the military their lives should not be considered precious? We should just use them for cannon fodder?

he used the words "have to die" no one makes them join, serve, or die. it's all voluntary, and no one mentioned precious now did they?

No you just excused sending them off to die by saying they volunteered.

I'm not sending them anywhere,, talk to the obamalama..

Anyone that reads English can see that is not so

poster 1 :kids dont have to die

willowtree reply: they volunteered

you have a problem with comprehension, what part of have to and volunteer do you not get?

What part of just because they volunteered does not mean you should be cavalier about their lives?

I wasn't cavalier. I simply stated they are not forced to join, forced to serve or forced to die.. unlike the first guy.

politicians will do whatever to keep company's profits high so that they can be paid off properly. many times that means war. I never said the kids were forced to die, but its guaranteed that at least one person will die when a whole army goes over for a war. when its all robotic (which will happen in the next 50 years) then no people will die or it will be very rare (someone has to bring the equipment over, etc, but humans won't be on the front line)

politicians will do whatever to keep company's profits high so that they can be paid off properly. many times that means war. I never said the kids were forced to die, but its guaranteed that at least one person will die when a whole army goes over for a war. when its all robotic (which will happen in the next 50 years) then no people will die or it will be very rare (someone has to bring the equipment over, etc, but humans won't be on the front line)

Just think, if your hypothesis is true what would happen if the demons got off their asses and let the US develop her own energy, oil, gas, shale, coal and nuclear,, just think.

Just think, if your hypothesis is true what would happen if the demons got off their asses and let the US develop her own energy, oil, gas, shale, coal and nuclear,, just think.

it certainly would reduce our need to be in the middle east indefinitely although the repercussions of blowback would still be present and the irsael first people would still want some presence maintained. I don't think the war in iraq would have started though if we didn't have to care about the existing oil pipelines and the one being built to circumvent russia.

Are you really this stupid?
Why not read what Willow wrote, and take it at face value? Instead you write a novel on what she "really meant"....get some damn smart pills, because you need them.

Are you really this stupid?
Why not read what Willow wrote, and take it at face value? Instead you write a novel on what she "really meant"....get some damn smart pills, because you need them.

no I am not really that stupid but you surely are, what exactly is meant by, "well they volunteered" in response to somebody saying at least they wont have to die?

Forum List

Back